Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I nearly did. Got em mixed up and put Penfold into battle with Darth Vader
Penfold would get wasted.

Here's the fight the people want to see

Vs

You can actually buy this btw.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Crumps

Does anybody remeber the Gulf War sticker book?

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:19 PM
LH_88

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
So, you were what? About 16?
15 1/2.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
£#%&!ing hell, yes! I had one. Was gutted they didn't bring one out for this war.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:20 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH_88
15 1/2.
Oh, well that's ok then.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:21 PM
koppas

Quote:
I never got the Sadam shiney.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:21 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
You're kidding me right ?

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
You're kidding me right ?
Straight up. I have still got the Desert Rats Silver in a draw full of old tat.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
£#%&!ing hell, yes! I had one. Was gutted they didn't bring one out for this war.
You're only the third person I know who remebers it.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:26 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Straight up. I have still got the Desert Rats Silver in a draw full of old tat.
I say this without the slightest trace of sarcasm or irony:

That is GENUINELY one of the most disturbing things I have ever heard?

If only they had a sticker album during the holocaust too, eh?

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Ether

Quote:
You're only the third person I know who remebers it.
I never finished mine, I think I got it free with something and only used the free stickers you got. I had a mate who was mad into war and shit that completed it very quickly. He used to practically toss himself off looking at the pictures of mines and stealth bombers. And Colin Powell. Bit of a nutter actually, used to sleep under a camo net instead of a duvet.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I never finished mine, I think I got it free with something and only used the free stickers you got. I had a mate who was mad into war and shit that completed it very quickly. He used to practically toss himself off looking at the pictures of mines and stealth bombers. And Colin Powell. Bit of a nutter actually, used to sleep under a camo net instead of a duvet.

I don't think mine was finished either tbh as it wasn't out for too long iirc. Gutted I threw it out now as some macarbe @#%&! would probably go mad for it on ebay now.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:42 PM
TreeFiddy

Ah Merlin football stickers, those were the days. I completed two full albums in 95/96 and 96/97. I remember being delighted to find the much needed Alan Ball in my pack when I was ill. Nothing like getting a beautiful shiny though. Remember one year they had a middle page of special rare stickers? A McDonalds shiny and a Premier League trophy shiny? The feeling of just seeing those stickers was one of the most special moments of my childhood. Then there was that form that came with the book which allowed you to request whichever 50 stickers you wanted when you were down to needing the last few. When those missing stickers arrived it was £#%&!ing heaven.

Quote:
If anyone has got Paulo Di Canio for 97/98 then PM me, I have still got a pile of about 1000 swaps in my room from 94 until 99, you can have any shinies you want.

Did anyone used to go to the Swap Shops?

Oh, and the school playground...'Got, got, got , got..NEED!!'
Never went to the swap shops but I really wanted to. There were a couple of spoilt kids in my school who had about a million duplicate stickers that they didn't need. One of them gave me about 600 for nothing after school in the playground. I spend the journey home saying GOT GOT GOT GOT NEED NEED OOOH SHINY!! NEED GOT GOT GOT NEED

I've still got some albums on my shelf actually. I might take some pics and get em up on here.

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Ben

Quote:
If anyone has got Paulo Di Canio for 97/98
i paid my mate a fiver for that sticker it was the only one i needed to complete the book

Unread 01-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Rossi the Red

I remember someone dropped a Coventry shiny on the floor and about 5 mates started brawling for it!

Unread 01-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Finding the little kids with loads of swaps and 'accidently' knocking them out of their hand and sniding yourself loads of their shinies while you 'helped pick them up' for them
That was you, you little £#%&!er?

I used to know every single stat off those albums. I think Wimbledon had the best head to head record of everyone against United.
I knew everybodies honours and how many each club had won of each trophy.
I thought about buying the latest one just so I could pluck such knowledge out of thin air any time I wanted.
How I long for those days

Unread 01-06-2007, 04:42 PM
TreeFiddy

Unread 01-06-2007, 04:45 PM
koppas

Who remembers the free chips and cokes then gave away?

Unread 01-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Rossi the Red

TreeFiddy, those pics are £#%&!in class mate!
Closed Thread