United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-10-2022, 07:04 PM
windy waffles

Football Erling Haaland

I know I am going to get shot down for this, blah blah, but, let's be honest, it's almost as if City have an unfair advantage with this lad. It's like he is playing against 15 year old boys. 14 goals in 8 game, 3 hat tricks in 3 successive home agames - already broken one record:

I don't think I have seen a striker who can put such fear into other teams since Ronaldo (the fat one). Wouldn't be surprised to see him get 50+ goals this season.

To think some people thought Darwin Nunez would pose bigger problems. Already the best player in the world at 22 ffs.

What could have been ffs if only we had got the correct time zone...

Unread 02-10-2022, 07:12 PM
Vedder

All those other players would be smashing in hattricks in this city team

Unread 02-10-2022, 07:16 PM
windy waffles

He's been doing it everywhere he goes. Had injuries at Dortmind, which some people clung onto on hiere, but his goal ratio is ridiculous. 22.

Unread 02-10-2022, 07:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Yup.

Unread 02-10-2022, 07:18 PM
Finport Red

If only we’d known about him before.

Unread 02-10-2022, 07:25 PM
Joe Biden

Lewandowski, benzema, kane would all score the same or more in this city team.

Unread 02-10-2022, 07:29 PM
Arnold Muhren

Said it in the other thread but if he stays fit, is lucky and keeps getting ridiculous service off KDB etc then I could honestly see Dixie Dean’s 66 league goal record in doubt. Ridiculous freak. Thank £#%&! he’s off to Spain in two years.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:12 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Lewandowski, benzema, kane would all score the same or more in this city team.
Just sounds like sour grapes at this point. He’s clearly an absolute freak of natures and an unbelievable player. Just a shame he’s selling his arse to that lot.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:16 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Didn't realise this was a city forum. Maybe there's should a picture thread dedicated solely to Haaland for Waffles to **** himself to oblivion to

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Just sounds like sour grapes at this point. He’s clearly an absolute freak of natures and an unbelievable player. Just a shame he’s selling his arse to that lot.
This.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:22 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
How is it sour grapes?

They've been crying out for a striker for about 5 years. Anybody with half a brain knew it would happen be it haaland or kane.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:25 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
'This City team'? What, the one today with two reserve centre backs and a 32 year old faded Kyle Walker? Other strikers on that list played with similarly gifted outfield sides (unless Grealish / Gundogan are considered world class now .. B Silva/KDB/Foden obviously top) .. Haaland is just next level obscene. They've laboured against a lot of the teams theyve played this year but he's kept banging them in.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:35 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
How is it sour grapes?

They've been crying out for a striker for about 5 years. Anybody with half a brain knew it would happen be it haaland or kane.
We’ve had years of other fans or general ABUs trying to downplay the qualities and achievements of our players, teams, manager etc. And we could always see it for what it was.

However much you may not like it, sometimes you just have to give credit where it’s due. Haaland has been phenomenal for them so far and doesn’t look like stopping any time soon. He looks an extraordinary player.

I also hope he slips on his own rubbery lips and falls down the stairs breaking his neck.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:38 PM
westcoastvan

The guy is a robotic scoring machine, reminds a bit like Van Nistelrooy.

I think he'll pass Sergio Aguero in goals for sure if he stays fit.

That whole team is amazing, still not sure about Grealish though.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
We’ve had years of other fans or general ABUs trying to downplay the qualities and achievements of our players, teams, manager etc. And we could always see it for what it was.

However much you may not like it, sometimes you just have to give credit where it’s due. Haaland has been phenomenal for them so far and doesn’t look like stopping any time soon. He looks an extraordinary player.

I also hope he slips on his own rubbery lips and falls down the stairs breaking his neck.
This.

‘Anyone could do that’. Except that nobody actually has. Jesus has been outstanding for Arsenal, but he never did this for them. Aguero scored shit loads for them and was a brilliant player, but he didn’t have numbers like this. Kane would rattle them in for them too, but there’s goals Haaland has scored this season that Kane wouldn’t IMO.

He’s outstanding and it’s a ridiculous start to his career. You can say it and still hate his and their guts 👍

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:41 PM
dunk

Hope he has a huge gambling problem and gets kneecapped. Soon.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:43 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:

Good use of the singular But yes this is true. KDB / Haaland are just obscene. They seem happy to concede this year vs previous seasons knowing Haaland will get a hatful.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:45 PM
NedKelly

We need to sign Bobby Baratheon asap so he can slaughter the inbred Targaryen @#%&!.

Unread 02-10-2022, 08:57 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan

He's a @#%&! & hugely over-rated.

Unread 02-10-2022, 09:06 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan

Akanji, Ake, Walker, Grealish, Gundogan "amazing"? Not sure about that tbh. Drew w/ Villa + Newcastle .. late come back vs Palace after going 2-0 down at home. Now if Laporte, Rodri, Dias come back into the side "amazing" may be merited .. but a lot of the watercarriers out there today and in recent games where Haaland's been lighting it up ..
Closed Thread