United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-10-2022, 06:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Default The Reaction

It needs to be a big one.

Our attitude was disappointing today. I can take being beaten by great teams, but City won’t have an easier first 45 than that.

If we’d lost it narrowly and turned up, I’d still consider us well on track, but there was an alarming drop in standards today and some of the same old habits crept back in.

It’s shocking at just how quickly the confidence can drain from our team.

City are ruthless and Haaland is special. We had the fixture issues. If it’s a bump in the road and we can write it off, then great.

We’ll learn a lot in the coming weeks about whether this team is on track or it’s just same old same old.

Unread 03-10-2022, 10:22 AM
Sloppy

Unread 03-10-2022, 10:24 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 03-10-2022, 10:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It needs to be a big one.

Our attitude was disappointing today. I can take being beaten by great teams, but City won’t have an easier first 45 than that.

If we’d lost it narrowly and turned up, I’d still consider us well on track, but there was an alarming drop in standards today and some of the same old habits crept back in.

It’s shocking at just how quickly the confidence can drain from our team.

City are ruthless and Haaland is special. We had the fixture issues. If it’s a bump in the road and we can write it off, then great.

We’ll learn a lot in the coming weeks about whether this team is on track or it’s just same old same old.
I've said it before and i'll say it again, too many players have a weak mentality.

Sancho
Rashford
The Scottish Player
Bruno looked absolutely lost yesterday and offered zero leadership, except doing his usual whining at the ref
DDG

I think next game he'll probably go with Fred & Casemiro, you know, those 2 players that start for Brazil every game

Bring in Tony for Rashford

This is all just weeding out the players that don't belong.

Sloppy

Unread 03-10-2022, 10:34 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The manager has played 8 competitive games, during which weve beaten the invincibles and the scousers. You want to judge him after 12 games? Seriously?

We got tossed yesterday by a well settled side with the best striker in world football feeding off the best creative midfielder. It hurts, but this was never going to be an overnight job.

Some players are not firing, and will either improve or fall by the way side as he rebuilds, but suggesting we judge him after 12 or so games is utter dumb£#%&!ery.

Unread 03-10-2022, 11:58 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
The manager has played 8 competitive games, during which weve beaten the invincibles and the scousers. You want to judge him after 12 games? Seriously?

We got tossed yesterday by a well settled side with the best striker in world football feeding off the best creative midfielder. It hurts, but this was never going to be an overnight job.

Some players are not firing, and will either improve or fall by the way side as he rebuilds, but suggesting we judge him after 12 or so games is utter dumb£#%&!ery.
I’m not judging ETH after 12 games. I’m judging the Shithouse players after several years.

I’m convinced ETH is a top coach. It’s United 2013-present that I worry about.

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:11 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot

New to Dr Stranger, pal?

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
New to Dr Stranger, pal?

Sigh….. Hi Ned!

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:30 PM
Sparky***

They’re having a ‘crisis’ meeting apparently today at carrington

Unread 03-10-2022, 12:52 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They’re having a ‘crisis’ meeting apparently today at carrington
Any other team and it's a post match meeting

Unread 03-10-2022, 01:07 PM
Baron

Is The Reaction the Europa toss on Thursday or the, checks notes, 7pm kick off at Everton on Sunday

Who the £#%&! plays at 7pm on a Sunday?

Unread 03-10-2022, 01:11 PM
dunk

What? 7pm Sunday? That can’t be right?

Edit: just checked. What the actual £#%&!? Has there ever been a league game at 7pm on a £#%&!ing Sunday?

Unread 03-10-2022, 01:20 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What? 7pm Sunday? That can’t be right?

Edit: just checked. What the actual £#%&!? Has there ever been a league game at 7pm on a £#%&!ing Sunday?
One of the best games ever was the same slot. Villa away in the FA Cup.

Unread 03-10-2022, 01:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
One of the best games ever was the same slot. Villa away in the FA Cup.
Cup games are often at weird times, not league though.

Unread 03-10-2022, 01:41 PM
Vedder

Just get 3 points at Everton. Top four should be the aim this season. Hopefully with CL football we can finally get De Jong and Timber

Unread 03-10-2022, 03:56 PM
Big Norm

I'd say this is exactly the reaction we want from the manager.

Unread 03-10-2022, 03:58 PM
dunk

Just read through that. Seems to be giving them all to the WC to hang themselves.

Can’t rely on the club though, expect them to take up the year options on all those expiring and £#%&! up trying to sell them, hanging the manager out to dry with a load of players that are overpaid, don’t want to be here and winding down to an exit, like last season, and no budget or room in the squad to bring players in.
Closed Thread