United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:48 AM
armchair

Moral victory for arsenal

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:52 AM
Big Norm

Perfect.

Unread 05-09-2022, 10:57 AM
Bunker Buster

I thought we'd lose it at 1-1, the trauma runs deep ......

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:06 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Too many people seem to equate having the ball as controlling or dominating a game.
Mourinho quote?

I'm loving Haggerz' tactical flexibility. He's not wedded to his philosophy.

He can also spot a player as well. Bodes well.

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:43 AM
Dasilvatwins

18 passes for the first goal. Proper team goal.
But but something about conceded xG …

Edit. Unless I messed up the count , the whole XI touched the ball on the goal?

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:45 AM
dunk

Those 18 passes were against the run of play though tbf

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:46 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Even better. When the chips are down they can still produce. Mark of champions etc etc

Unread 05-09-2022, 11:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
https://twitter.com/tenhagbali/statu...X2_3UCjN2hbYYw

18 passes for the first goal. Proper team goal.
But but something about conceded xG …

Edit. Unless I messed up the count , the whole XI touched the ball on the goal?
it's like watching king louis's united. but with goals.

Unread 05-09-2022, 12:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's like watching king louis's united. but with goals.
The more time he has with them the better they will become at ball retention. I think one thing that has happened since the start for the season is the legs seemed to go after 60 mins and they play on the counter.

Whether it’s a tactical change of just not committing too many forward because they need the results or they physically just can’t keep up the intensity I don’t know.

They will get better , his team in 2 months time will start to control games longer. Get Casemiro in to dictate the play and things will come good. Tbh The Scottish Player in the last few games has been brilliant .

Unread 05-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And Martinez is still a midget. Should have been chalked off.

Unread 05-09-2022, 01:02 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It was such an obvious foul too - I didn’t understand why the ref needed to watch it over and over again. From every possible angle, it was a foul.
If it had happened in our penalty area he'd have shit himself and blown the whistle before Eriksen hit the ground.

Unread 05-09-2022, 01:23 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
I didn't see you or any others sticking up for Rashford before his goals (or on Thursday) so I suspect most felt similar to Marlo - I certainly did!
More to do with constant criticism without sitting back and waiting for an outcome. Similar with Bruno.

Unread 05-09-2022, 01:25 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
If it had happened in our penalty area he'd have shit himself and blown the whistle before Eriksen hit the ground.
Neville annoyed me - “it doesn’t look like a foul from that angle but there you can see it probably was”

He clattered into him from the side without making any contact with the ball and clipping his feet, Gary. Again, it was very clear to see from literally every angle they showed. Would like them to keep Neville of commentating our games tbh, the more it happens the more I find myself telling him to £#%&! off.

Unread 05-09-2022, 01:39 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Neville annoyed me - “it doesn’t look like a foul from that angle but there you can see it probably was”

He clattered into him from the side without making any contact with the ball and clipping his feet, Gary. Again, it was very clear to see from literally every angle they showed. Would like them to keep Neville of commentating our games tbh, the more it happens the more I find myself telling him to £#%&! off.
It's all very odd. Clear foul, it was clear in real time from the TV angle. God knows why the referee needed a few minutes at the monitor to change his mind. No-one mentioned the obvious dive from Saka, would put money on Antony not getting the same treatment if he did that. Referee obviously saw it as well because he waved it away immediately

Then there was the red card challenge that no-one seemed bothered about either. The replays showed that there was no intention of playing the balls, Neville even said that it was a "leg breaker", but stopped short of saying he was lucky to not get a red.

I love it though. They £#%&!ing hate us Everything that goes for us is scrutinized to the nth degree, and everything that goes against us is glossed over.

Unread 05-09-2022, 01:42 PM
Jethro

Think we need to declare today a national day of mourning for English sports press.

Unread 05-09-2022, 02:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
It's all very odd. Clear foul, it was clear in real time from the TV angle. God knows why the referee needed a few minutes at the monitor to change his mind. No-one mentioned the obvious dive from Saka, would put money on Antony not getting the same treatment if he did that. Referee obviously saw it as well because he waved it away immediately

Then there was the red card challenge that no-one seemed bothered about either. The replays showed that there was no intention of playing the balls, Neville even said that it was a "leg breaker", but stopped short of saying he was lucky to not get a red.

I love it though. They £#%&!ing hate us Everything that goes for us is scrutinized to the nth degree, and everything that goes against us is glossed over.
They're boiling with rage that we're not just going to lie down and die like they were hoping. Hated, adored, never ignored.

Unread 05-09-2022, 02:42 PM
shenwen

Quote:
It's all very odd. Clear foul, it was clear in real time from the TV angle. God knows why the referee needed a few minutes at the monitor to change his mind.
I was reading today that he took so long because he was trying to find an angle that would justify him not giving a foul, therefore making it fail the "clear and obvious mistake" threshold, which in turn would mean he would give the goal.

Except he couldn't find it because every angle was clear. What a #@&%!.

Unread 05-09-2022, 03:36 PM
Big Norm

Quote:

Both that and Saka's at the end on Malacia have not been shown on any highlights that I can find from any channel.

The one on Erikssen is due to be debated at Liz Truss's first PMQ's.

Unread 05-09-2022, 04:03 PM
Zorg

Unread 05-09-2022, 04:08 PM
AK14

Saka could have easily seen red for a foul on Malacia late on too.