United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Reply
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 09:24 AM
Hyman_Roth
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ramsdale made the same number of saves as de Gea, though 2 of de Gea’s were literally just picking the ball up

VAR actually saved them from a pasting, proper VAR sees Lokonga (sp) sent off after 20 minutes, or would have last season, then they get spanked.

Truth be told we had them exactly where we wanted them for all but about 10-15 minutes, in that they were in front of us and harmless, and we were 1 or 2 passes from being clean through 4 or 5 times before Rashford scored the 2nd, they were just too stupid to realise it.

Fair enough, they move the ball well and know where each other is going to be and the movements to make to receive the ball, but they’re 2 years+ ahead of us in building that platform and recruiting the players to suit it. Instead of patting themselves on the back they should be f***ing fuming, I would be.
Plus their subs killed them. He took off their best player the ‘overthinking white board on the touchline’ ****er.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Too many people seem to equate having the ball as controlling or dominating a game.
Agreed. It’s a bit excruciating to watch in fairness so it’s an easy mistake to make but it is a mistake.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 09:27 AM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Plus their subs killed them. He took off their best player the ‘overthinking white board on the touchline’ ****er.
Great game management from Lego. Making three changes while they were on top, leaving their backline unbelievably exposed against a good counter attacking team with 20 minutes left in the game... Who could've guessed that wouldn't work.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 10:13 AM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What a staggering amount of balls in one tweet

https://twitter.com/AmosMurphy_/stat...NpX-Z7xdA&s=19
Ffs

We conceded two goals in those 4 games. This expected goals balls. I’d happily have some shit xG stat at 100 if it means we are conceding one goal every two games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Too many people seem to equate having the ball as controlling or dominating a game.
More to the point he is 6 games into . Half the shitc***s are still here. This possession and style takes time to implement . The fact that they’re already trying to use numbers (other than the only one that actually matters) shows they’re getting afraid.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 10:15 AM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Is that THE Amos Murphy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Great example of a stat ****er who doesn't actually understand football.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What a staggering amount of balls in one tweet

https://twitter.com/AmosMurphy_/stat...NpX-Z7xdA&s=19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Whisper it

He's a blue tw*t. Nothing funnier than them pretending to know what they're on about.
Exactly, he's a bert just doing bert things.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 10:48 AM
armchair
 
Default

Moral victory for arsenal
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 10:52 AM
Big Norm
 
Default

Perfect.

 
Unread 05-09-2022, 10:57 AM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

I thought we'd lose it at 1-1, the trauma runs deep ......
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 11:06 AM
atticusgrinch
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Too many people seem to equate having the ball as controlling or dominating a game.
Mourinho quote?

I'm loving Haggerz' tactical flexibility. He's not wedded to his philosophy.

He can also spot a player as well. Bodes well.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 11:43 AM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default



18 passes for the first goal. Proper team goal.
But but something about conceded xG …

Edit. Unless I messed up the count , the whole XI touched the ball on the goal?
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 11:45 AM
dunk
 
Default

Those 18 passes were against the run of play though tbf
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 11:46 AM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Those 18 passes were against the run of play though tbf
Even better. When the chips are down they can still produce. Mark of champions etc etc
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 11:54 AM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
https://twitter.com/tenhagbali/statu...X2_3UCjN2hbYYw


18 passes for the first goal. Proper team goal.
But but something about conceded xG …

Edit. Unless I messed up the count , the whole XI touched the ball on the goal?
it's like watching king louis's united. but with goals.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 12:12 PM
Dasilvatwins
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's like watching king louis's united. but with goals.
The more time he has with them the better they will become at ball retention. I think one thing that has happened since the start for the season is the legs seemed to go after 60 mins and they play on the counter.

Whether it’s a tactical change of just not committing too many forward because they need the results or they physically just can’t keep up the intensity I don’t know.

They will get better , his team in 2 months time will start to control games longer. Get Casemiro in to dictate the play and things will come good. Tbh The Scottish Player in the last few games has been brilliant .
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Poop
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Those 18 passes were against the run of play though tbf
And Martinez is still a midget. Should have been chalked off.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 01:02 PM
Selhurst Samurai
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It was such an obvious foul too - I didn’t understand why the ref needed to watch it over and over again. From every possible angle, it was a foul.
If it had happened in our penalty area he'd have shit himself and blown the whistle before Eriksen hit the ground.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 01:23 PM
Dueling Banjos
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
I didn't see you or any others sticking up for Rashford before his goals (or on Thursday) so I suspect most felt similar to Marlo - I certainly did!
More to do with constant criticism without sitting back and waiting for an outcome. Similar with Bruno.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 01:25 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
If it had happened in our penalty area he'd have shit himself and blown the whistle before Eriksen hit the ground.
Neville annoyed me - “it doesn’t look like a foul from that angle but there you can see it probably was”

He clattered into him from the side without making any contact with the ball and clipping his feet, Gary. Again, it was very clear to see from literally every angle they showed. Would like them to keep Neville of commentating our games tbh, the more it happens the more I find myself telling him to f*** off.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 01:39 PM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Neville annoyed me - “it doesn’t look like a foul from that angle but there you can see it probably was”

He clattered into him from the side without making any contact with the ball and clipping his feet, Gary. Again, it was very clear to see from literally every angle they showed. Would like them to keep Neville of commentating our games tbh, the more it happens the more I find myself telling him to f*** off.
It's all very odd. Clear foul, it was clear in real time from the TV angle. God knows why the referee needed a few minutes at the monitor to change his mind. No-one mentioned the obvious dive from Saka, would put money on Antony not getting the same treatment if he did that. Referee obviously saw it as well because he waved it away immediately

Then there was the red card challenge that no-one seemed bothered about either. The replays showed that there was no intention of playing the balls, Neville even said that it was a "leg breaker", but stopped short of saying he was lucky to not get a red.

I love it though. They f***ing hate us Everything that goes for us is scrutinized to the nth degree, and everything that goes against us is glossed over.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 01:42 PM
Jethro
 
Default

Think we need to declare today a national day of mourning for English sports press.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 02:35 PM
Zorg
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
It's all very odd. Clear foul, it was clear in real time from the TV angle. God knows why the referee needed a few minutes at the monitor to change his mind. No-one mentioned the obvious dive from Saka, would put money on Antony not getting the same treatment if he did that. Referee obviously saw it as well because he waved it away immediately

Then there was the red card challenge that no-one seemed bothered about either. The replays showed that there was no intention of playing the balls, Neville even said that it was a "leg breaker", but stopped short of saying he was lucky to not get a red.

I love it though. They f***ing hate us Everything that goes for us is scrutinized to the nth degree, and everything that goes against us is glossed over.
They're boiling with rage that we're not just going to lie down and die like they were hoping. Hated, adored, never ignored.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Manchester United vs Arsenal: Official Matchday Thread - 4th September @ 4.30pm
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leicester vs Manchester United: Official Matchday Thread - 1st September @ 8pm Patty_b Manchester United Match Thread Archive 415 02-09-2022 11:03 PM
Manchester United vs Wolves : Official Matchday Thread - 03/01/2022 @ 5.30pm Patty_b Manchester United Match Thread Archive 672 06-01-2022 08:41 PM
Norwich vs Manchester United : Official Matchday Thread - 11/12/21 @ 5.30pm Patty_b Manchester United Match Thread Archive 347 13-12-2021 01:18 PM
Chelsea vs Manchester United : Official Matchday Thread - 28/11/21 @ 4.30pm Patty_b Manchester United Match Thread Archive 483 29-11-2021 05:56 PM
Manchester United vs Man City: Official Matchday Thread - 06/11/21 @ 12.30pm Patty_b Manchester United Match Thread Archive 486 07-11-2021 02:03 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:34 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.