United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-09-2022, 04:29 PM
doudou

That's why Fergie always checked whether potential signings had the requisite mental strength. @#%&!s like Maguire and Di Maria would never have got through the door 10-15 years ago

Unread 21-09-2022, 04:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Bears a striking similarity to the “Pogba trajectory”, as I like to call it. We’ve had the “he’s playing with an injury” phase, where Ole was to blame for overplaying him, of course. Now we’re firmly in the “he needs better players around him” period - although Pogba actually had the excuse of having some shit players around him for a while; Harry, on the other hand, has had Varane next to him and been displaced almost immediately by a man many were knocking for being vertically challenged.
Our midfield also looks a lot more settled, so he can’t really play the ‘midfield aren’t protecting the defence’ card, especially when you consider how much more composed we’ve looked (De Gea included) since he’s been dropped.

I predict he’ll be sold to a mid table club next summer, which is more than what he deserves in my opinion.

Isn’t it amazing how they’re capable of “looking in the mirror” when their starting place in the team isn’t under threat, but the moment they actually face consequences for being shit, suddenly they bear no responsibility and it has to be down to everyone else.

Personally, I hope we melt his head down and sell it at a scrapyard. I £#%&!ing hate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Around him?

Shaw can shift and Lindelof is no slouch, Varane’s pace is well documented, Bailly is quick, Malacia is like shit off a shovel. Fred and McT have no speed issues that I’m aware of.. How fast are we talking here?

Veiled dig at de Gea being too slow off his line? Does H think we need a keeper that can run 100m in 11 seconds to save his cumbersome arse from embarrassment?
Fair £#%&!s to De Gea he’s actually trying to listen to instructions and improve; if anything I’ve thought he’s been almost too eager to rush to off his line in a few of the recent games.

Also worth noting the moment we brought Maguire on recently, he gave away the ball almost immediately. He’s a weak link that teams target. I’d say the worst thing Ole did was give him the captains armband. Undermined himself and the team in one go.

Unread 21-09-2022, 04:36 PM
dunk

Maguire’s £#%&!, said it when we were buying him. We’d have been miles better off keeping Smalling. Miles.

De Gea was the one needed replacing.

Unread 21-09-2022, 04:39 PM
Finport Red

He’s 100% right. This was my argument too when I failed my Eleven plus. I contended that the teacher hadn’t placed enough clever kids and n the desks closest to mine, so all the answers I copied were wrong.

Unread 21-09-2022, 04:43 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Maguire’s £#%&!, said it when we were buying him. We’d have been miles better off keeping Smalling. Miles.

De Gea was the one needed replacing.
Windy called it first, as he always does.

Personally I’d have preferred us to sign a good defender; I think Maguire would look good in Italy too. The slowest league on planet earth to match the slowest man on planet earth.

De Gea has looked solid with a competent defence in front of him. Not saying he’s what we want long term now, but clearly Maguire was a bigger issue than him.

Unread 21-09-2022, 04:49 PM
Sparky***

It’s not his fault we over paid for him - but coming out with lame excuses is just awful.

Weak mentality. That’s his problem. Not his pace. There’s plenty of centre backs who are slow but they read the game and are cool under pressure. He’s not.

Unread 21-09-2022, 04:57 PM
NedKelly

We should try and shift him to West Ham.

40/50 mil and Maguire for Rice would be a decent bit of business.

Unread 21-09-2022, 04:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
He’s 100% right. This was my argument too when I failed my Eleven plus. I contended that the teacher hadn’t placed enough clever kids and n the desks closest to mine, so all the answers I copied were wrong.

Unread 21-09-2022, 05:03 PM
Bunker Buster

A weaker manager like Ralf or ole and I'm convinced he'd relegate us as centre back within a few seasons....

That's his speciality.... Two clubs in one season he did....

The club captain

He's a demoralising skill vortex, a disgusting headed calmness hoover.....

Good luck at Crewe or somewhere.....

Unread 21-09-2022, 05:28 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
That's why Fergie always checked whether potential signings had the requisite mental strength. c***s like Maguire and Di Maria would never have got through the door 10-15 years ago
He would never have got in based purely on his football ability, regardless of his mental state. He's not a patch on either Bruce or Pallister and as for Rio and Stam This fella is just not that good at football and a slow useless athlete. He wasn't even the best CD at Leicester, how he got signed is beyond me. Haven't seen a player more unsuited to the modern game.

Unread 21-09-2022, 08:25 PM
dunk

Too many bangs to the head, nqat

Unread 21-09-2022, 08:28 PM
NedKelly

If he cares that much maybe he can share some of the PEDs he and the rest of the Italian team were loaded up on during the Euros, the hyperactive £#%&!head

Unread 21-09-2022, 08:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
If he cares that much maybe he can share some of the PEDs he and the rest of the Italian team were loaded up on during the Euros, the hyperactive £#%&!head
Hm, they might get Maguire to average..

Unread 21-09-2022, 08:45 PM
Joe Biden

"Okay maybe maguire isn't rio ferdinand"

Ya think?

Unread 21-09-2022, 09:09 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
"Okay maybe maguire isn't rio ferdinand"

Ya think?
He’s not even Anton

Unread 21-09-2022, 09:21 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
He’s not even Anton
He's not even Archduke Franz

Unread 21-09-2022, 09:39 PM
Selhurst Samurai

“They require too much from him”

Competence and a spine. Not exactly unreasonable for a £150k p/w and the captain’s armband is it?

Unread 21-09-2022, 10:42 PM
Arnold Muhren

A United captain pissing and moaning and blaming his team mates for him being shit? Get in the absolute £#%&!ing bin. The £#%&!ing cheek. He’s certainly made it very easy for Ten Hag to take the armband off him forever. Has to go asap.

Unread 22-09-2022, 05:15 AM
Stickman

the death knell.

I dare say this is him ensuring his January exit.

Cheerio etc

Unread 22-09-2022, 07:53 AM
Joe Biden

Martinez doesn't seem to be having any problems with varane or de gea. Martinez looked like a pub player next to maguire though.
Closed Thread