Originally Posted by dunk
Not a single defence of Maguire you crank
you know what I'm saying, dude.

Unread 14-08-2022, 12:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you know what I'm saying, dude.
You’re being your usual disingenuous self, yes.

Unread 14-08-2022, 01:01 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Least of our worries today....

De Gea is a fraud....
Yep. Was about to say that. Goalkeepers keep defenders on their toes, command the area. Not timid Dave though. Absolute fanny

Unread 14-08-2022, 01:22 PM
jem

Quote:
You’re being your usual disingenuous self, yes.
when I say de gea is not helped by the players in front of him, you call it defending him. yet you leap straight to the same in a thread slating maguire. obviously, you are not defending him... you're just inconsistent in the criteria you apply in discussion. in both cases, my point is that slating individual performances is ridiculous - everything about the team.... selection, tactics, performances... is below acceptable.

Unread 14-08-2022, 01:31 PM
dunk

Your problem there jem is you’re missing the driving factor; de Gea is detrimental to the defence. The defence is the victim. If you put Beckenbauer and Baresi in front of him he would £#%&! them up too.

The defence has been shite for 10 years, the only constant is that goat faced £#%&!.

Everyone acknowledges the midfield offers the defence no protection, and behind them De Gea offers no reassurance or support. The defence is the meat in the shit sandwich. They’re still shit, but the shit in front and behind makes them that much worse.

Unread 14-08-2022, 01:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
Your problem there jem is you’re missing the driving factor; de Gea is detrimental to the defence. The defence is the victim. If you put Beckenbauer and Baresi in front of him he would £#%&! them up too.

The defence has been shite for 10 years, the only constant is that goat faced £#%&!.

Everyone acknowledges the midfield offers the defence no protection, and behind them De Gea offers no reassurance or support. The defence is the meat in the shit sandwich. They’re still shit, but the shit in front and behind makes them that much worse.
Spot on.

Unread 14-08-2022, 02:15 PM
NedKelly

As always - I have to back Jem. That’s not to say I don’t hate de Gea. But I hate Maguire equally, and wish awful things on both of them.

Unread 14-08-2022, 02:19 PM
saffers

Defence wasnt shit under Mourinho, coincidentally thats when De Gea had his best ever season at the club.

No surprise he has gone to shite since Maguire came in.

Unread 14-08-2022, 02:21 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Shaw, Maguire and Rashford will play their way out of this team eventually.
Needs to happen ASAP though, or Ten Hag will be a goner. These 3 and The Scottish Player will cost him his job if he keeps playing them.

On the plus side, i hear one particular chubby Argentinian manager is cracking his fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Defence wasnt shit under Mourinho, coincidentally thats when De Gea had his best ever season at the club.

No surprise he has gone to shite since Maguire came in.
Watch the EL final highlights from 2017. The team is structured properly and defending competently.

It's a proper eye-opener to see Man United looking that competent.

Unread 14-08-2022, 02:25 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Needs to happen ASAP though, or Ten Hag will be a goner. These 3 and The Scottish Player will cost him his job if he keeps playing them.

On the plus side, i hear one particular chubby Argentinian manager is cracking his fingers.

Watch the EL final highlights from 2017. The team is structured properly and defending competently.

It's a proper eye-opener to see Man United looking that competent.
Which is why there was an easy transition post Mou. He had them trained hard, and they had finished deservedly 2nd place the season before.

But that does wear off after a while as we saw in 2019.

Imagine what 3 years of no coaching, no accountability, no uncomfortable questions does to a squad. You see it right now with United.

There is a reason we won trophies with one coach and never looked like touching one with another. Ten Hag is a proper coach who will take training. Even DDG will eventually improve. But there is a serious amount of work to be done. Its not normal what has been taken over. It has never been seen before at a top club.

We kept saying, Barca, Madrid, Juve etc would have sacked their coach 10 times over during the Ole era. So it really will be fascinating to see how things develop. If ETH fixes this he will go down in history.

Unread 14-08-2022, 02:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Which is why there was an easy transition post Mou. He had them trained hard, and they had finished deservedly 2nd place the season before.

But that does wear off after a while as we saw in 2019.

Imagine what 3 years of no coaching, no accountability, no uncomfortable questions does to a squad. You see it right now with United.

There is a reason we won trophies with one coach and never looked like touching one with another. Ten Hag is a proper coach who will take training. Even DDG will eventually improve. But there is a serious amount of work to be done. Its not normal what has been taken over. It has never been seen before at a top club.

We kept saying, Barca, Madrid, Juve etc would have sacked their coach 10 times over during the Ole era. So it really will be fascinating to see how things develop. If ETH fixes this he will go down in history.
The same players that Ole had to take for a mini-pre season in Dubai shortly after taking over because they were all blowing out of their arse after an hour every game, those players?

Your lies are legendary.

We won trophies off the back of LvG’s season and the winning of a proper trophy. Mou shit@#%&!ed us to the EL, a kick away from losing to Celta in the semi and playing a flat back 9 against a bunch of teenagers in the final. You love to misrepresent everything you £#%&!ing fraud.

Unread 14-08-2022, 11:14 PM
armchair

Loan him back to leicester. I don't think he's at the races mentally.

Unread 17-08-2022, 01:54 PM
windy waffles

ETH giving 'serious consideration' to dropping him against Liverpool...

Unread 17-08-2022, 02:45 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Loan him back to leicester. I don't think he's at the races mentally.
They'll need a defender when they sell Fofana to Chelsea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Shaw, Maguire and Rashford will play their way out of this team eventually.
Eventually?

This has been going on for years.

Unread 17-08-2022, 02:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
They'll need a defender when they sell Fofana to Chelsea.
if 1b is worth £10mio to palace, maguire has to worth at least £18mio to leicester, surely?

Unread 17-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if 1b is worth £10mio to palace, maguire has to worth at least £18mio to leicester, surely?
Bite their hands off.

Unread 17-08-2022, 03:25 PM
armchair

Unread 17-08-2022, 03:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

Unread 17-08-2022, 03:57 PM
Patty_b

Smalling in this team would be on par or worse than Maguire.

Smalling at Roma is better than Maguire at Man United.

Unread 17-08-2022, 04:51 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Smalling in this team would be on par or worse than Maguire.

Smalling at Roma is better than Maguire at Man United.
Smalling has already actually played way better than Maguire has ever done at United.
Closed Thread