Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:44 PM
Lok

It's gone.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:46 PM
lenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Says it all that Welbeck is currently the better player.

This is no longer a 'bad run of form'. He looks finished.
Welbeck is ten times the player Rashford is. Not just currently either.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:47 PM
Hyman_Roth

It’s kind of irrelevant because he’s going nowhere and we are absolutely shambolic in the transfer market so wouldn’t be able to replace him.

He’s was awful again today. Him and Shaw slow literally everything down that they possibly can. They are so predictable that it must be a dream to play against them. On the odd occasion rashford remembers players are actually made of solid stuff rather than just gas, he plays it back to shaw who plays it back to Maguire who plays it to shaw and then to Rashford etc etc until such time that the opposition have completely re-set themselves.

Think getting rid of shaw would actually help Rashford the most.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:52 PM
ScarFace

He isn't coming back. He'll be off to Everton.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
It’s kind of irrelevant because he’s going nowhere and we are absolutely shambolic in the transfer market so wouldn’t be able to replace him.

He’s was awful again today. Him and Shaw slow literally everything down that they possibly can. They are so predictable that it must be a dream to play against them. On the odd occasion rashford remembers players are actually made of solid stuff rather than just gas, he plays it back to shaw who plays it back to Maguire who plays it to shaw and then to Rashford etc etc until such time that the opposition have completely re-set themselves.

Think getting rid of shaw would actually help Rashford the most.
Spot on..

This faux arsenal thing we do, passing the ball across the lines thought Ty and rashford had a little thing going pre season, odd Ty didn't start .

We need to speed EVERYTHING up, get the £#%&!ing ball in the box.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'm slowly losing faith with him, cuts me up inside....

Should have scored twice today, but apart from that he wasn't even in the game...
This here. Hate it, but he's done. We were right to give him more chances than most would have but he's burned them now.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:57 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker buster
spot on..

This faux arsenal thing we do, passing the ball across the lines Thought ty and rashford had a little thing going pre season, odd ty didn't start .

we need to speed everything up, get the £#%&!ing ball in the box.
100%.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:59 PM
Mr_Ed

Sell sell sell… he’s not suited to playing left of the top 3 either. The amount of times he’s taken players on to get past and lost the ball is shocking.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:59 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Spot on..

This faux arsenal thing we do, passing the ball across the lines thought Ty and rashford had a little thing going pre season, odd Ty didn't start .

We need to speed EVERYTHING up, get the £#%&!ing ball in the box.
We are painfully slow *all the £#%&!ing time* and nearly all our players take twice as many touches as the opposition. And then so few of our players look to find space to receive it back. It’s staggering. There’s no way many of this lot survive beyond the season with ten hag in charge.

The only player who actually did a bit of that when he came on was Donny. Absolute sublime pass for sancho too.

Unread 07-08-2022, 05:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

The only player who actually did a bit of that when he came on was Donny. Absolute sublime pass for sancho too.

I know, god do I know it ...

Unread 07-08-2022, 05:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
We are painfully slow *all the £#%&!ing time* and nearly all our players take twice as many touches as the opposition. And then so few of our players look to find space to receive it back. It’s staggering. There’s no way many of this lot survive beyond the season with ten hag in charge.

Agreed re: Donny.

Half the problem is starting with players like The Scottish Player though. We all want us to play quicker but then you see him actually attempt it and it’s just embarrassing; that quick backheel he tried was

I think it’s actively beyond some of their capabilities.

Unread 07-08-2022, 05:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Half the problem is starting with players like The Scottish Player though. We all want us to play quicker but then you see him actually attempt it and it’s just embarrassing; that quick backheel he tried was

It’s more than that - the shit in midfield means we always try and get it to the wings where shaw and Rashford do their endless re-cycle thing. Everyone seems to avoid putting the ball into the midfield two.

Eriksen will make a massive difference imv

Unread 07-08-2022, 06:03 PM
Joe Biden

Hilariously bad footballer. The only positive is he's better than elanga. I think.

Unread 07-08-2022, 06:07 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Brighton are not better than us. We played with no striker, no real reference upfront and it bamboozled the team. That first half was even worse than some of those games last season.
Managers fault?

Unread 07-08-2022, 06:08 PM
Pop

Tbf to him he's got pressing committments elsewhere, editing Teh Beano for starters.

Unread 07-08-2022, 06:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Got into two great positions today.....

Needs that first springboard goal...

It hurts because I like him ...
I think we all do. It hurts more because he was a local lad who looked like he would kick on and he always worked hard.

Now…..yeesh.

And it’s not form. It’s not a dip. It’s been too long for that. Something needs to change and he doesn’t seem to be learning. Making all the same mistakes.

Unread 07-08-2022, 06:14 PM
Sparky***

Unread 07-08-2022, 06:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Definitely. The downside of implementing a clear style is that it will become
Quickly apparent who is capable and who isn’t. When you’re as shit as we’ve been, we hang our hats on things like work rate and little moments of fight, but when that becomes a prerequisite and actually being able to execute quite difficult things become the norm, players like him are badly exposed.

He’s not a bad player, but he’s the antithesis of what ETH is trying to do.

This season always felt like it was going to be ETH learning about wha
Most of this current crop is all about, because he can’t ditch them all at once. Every manager wants to see what they’re working with. Some will surprise us, but most will just confirm what we already know.

I’ll be amazed if McFred is still staring regularly once the window is shut.

Unread 07-08-2022, 06:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Second one was very difficult, first one should be up in the Hague

Unread 07-08-2022, 06:39 PM
armchair

Quote:
Second one was very difficult, first one should be up in the Hague
Sancho in the same situation for the first would've sat the keeper down. Rashford is hit and hope.
Closed Thread