United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2022, 07:10 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Same as Martial. Same as Shaw. Don’t trust the £#%&!er to put in a shift 3 games running. Use as necessary until replaced
Yep. happy him and Martial are getting on the scoresheet but neither should be seen as a long-term solution.

Unread 07-10-2022, 07:16 AM
Patty_b

I've been a Rashford apologist as much as anyone else, and he was decent last night and took his goal really well. But there's levels to the game.

It's great coming on and making an impression against the team that are currently 4th in the Cypriot league, but unless he can get consistent form against Premier League and Champions League opposition then whats the point. If we get a decent offer for him we would be mad not to let him go.

Unread 07-10-2022, 07:33 AM
Bunker Buster

Looked RAZOR sharp last night, long may it continue....

A top red.

Unread 07-10-2022, 11:52 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I've been a Rashford apologist as much as anyone else, and he was decent last night and took his goal really well. But there's levels to the game.

It's great coming on and making an impression against the team that are currently 4th in the Cypriot league, but unless he can get consistent form against Premier League and Champions League opposition then whats the point. If we get a decent offer for him we would be mad not to let him go.
Literally just scored 3 against Arsenal & Liverpool.

Unread 07-10-2022, 11:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Output a lot better so that’s buying him more faith and time. Basics of his game are so crude though. First goal last night summed him up: shite first touch, but then lashed in a cracking finish. So inconsistent.

Unread 07-10-2022, 11:57 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Looked RAZOR sharp last night, long may it continue....

A top red.
Well that's good because it was a close shave against a shite team.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Literally just scored 3 against Arsenal & Liverpool.
Literally got dragged off after 60 minutes after a pathetic display against City.

Literally just went a season scoring only 5 goals in 30 games.

Weird how you're so eager to put the boot in on a player that scored 24 in 37 games last season in an abysmal team, but Rashford still needs even more time.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:29 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Literally got dragged off after 60 minutes after a pathetic display against City.

Literally just went a season scoring only 5 goals in 30 games.

Weird how you're so eager to put the boot in on a player that scored 24 in 37 games last season in an abysmal team, but Rashford still needs even more time.
Because I understand why the performance was poor against City. Because I understand why the team was abysmal last season (as ETH does). Because I wrote 6 months ago how this would go down, why ETH would not countenance Ronaldo as a starter in competitive league football, and why we'd see the Rashford Renaissance (TM).

Needs a CF to play off then the final pieces fall into place.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Because I understand why the performance was poor against City. Because I understand why the team was abysmal last season (as ETH does). Because I wrote 6 months ago how this would go down, why ETH would not countenance Ronaldo as a starter in competitive league football, and why we'd see the Rashford Renaissance (TM).

If it was up to you, you'd have Poch in tomorrow instead of ETH, so forgive me for not putting much stock into what you 'understand'.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:52 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Him and Martial well have it if ETH can get it out of them. Ronnie as an impact sub and that doesn't look bad. Would always want to see four good strikers in the squad the way fergle used to operate, takes a bit of building these days. The lads a player and will hopefully only get better.

Unread 07-10-2022, 01:10 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

Quote:

Unread 07-10-2022, 02:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Eriksvanbullshitten

Unread 07-10-2022, 02:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

If it was up to you, you'd have Poch in tomorrow instead of ETH, so forgive me for not putting much stock into what you 'understand'.
Ouch.....

Unread 07-10-2022, 02:21 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ouch.....
Was a bit harsh on reflection, although fair.

I still think he could be scouser on a wum. Who else in their right mind would be putting the boot into ETH at this stage and pining after Poch instead

Unread 07-10-2022, 02:45 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Was a bit harsh on reflection, although fair.

I still think he could be scouser on a wum. Who else in their right mind would be putting the boot into ETH at this stage and pining after Poch instead

Unread 07-10-2022, 03:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Poch on a wum?

Unread 07-10-2022, 06:17 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Christ, he’s frustrating.

All-round game actually looked a lot better. More assured touch, more aggressive, confident…. But his finishing- good LORD.

That 1v1 is a real shocker. He’s got goals this season, he’s meant to be in form. He’s got to tuck that away.

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:21 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Christ, he’s frustrating.

All-round game actually looked a lot better. More assured touch, more aggressive, confident…. But his finishing- good LORD.

That 1v1 is a real shocker. He’s got goals this season, he’s meant to be in form. He’s got to tuck that away.
One of those nights I think. He scores the 1v1 then he probably goes on to get a hat trick. He let frustration get the better of him toward the end but, as you say, his general play is on the up.

Unread 13-10-2022, 10:21 PM
Joe Biden

I don't think I've seen a masterclass in finishing like that since his efforts against villlareal in the europa final.

He's the best option out there at the minute but long term he has to be moved on if we're going to improve.

Sancho should be ashamed he can't get in front of him.
Closed Thread