United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
In the case of Jones and Bailly (who fit this scenario I think)we might have to reduce the fee we are asking, 10 mill has been offered from an Italian team.
The alternative is to continue to let them clog up the first team squad. Jones hanging on to the number 4 for instance.
Erik is a coach let him coach let him promote from within if necessary but get those that are not the future gone.
Has it? Deffo?

Are they covering the full wage as well?

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:07 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Has it? Deffo?

Are they covering the full wage as well?
Murtough isn’t stood in my back garden mate
I don’t know

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:13 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Murtough isn’t stood in my back garden mate
I don’t know
That's kind of... my point...

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:21 PM
Ronny

Ultimately Erik is the best chance the fans have of the seeing winning football return.
So far the club have hid behind him and failed to address the glacial pace of transfer business under the Glazers.
That’s kind of … my point.

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:26 PM
Ronny

Thread starting is a perilous enterprise.

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:41 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Chelsea ,Liverpool even City manage to get fees for fringe players.
The club say they need to sell to buy, fine, Murtough has known this since May and yet has done nothing does this failure mean we must accept fewer squad additions.
Liverpool sold 4 players recently into Championship or promoted sides for around 60 million. It has been oft remarked on but this summer is a total shit show & pay no need to the utter clowns that seem to think we’ve actually done better business than the sides immediately above us. People are looking through the rose tinted lens that Erik will be some complete panacea for all ills when on paper so far our business this summer is the worst in years.

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Chelsea ,Liverpool even City manage to get fees for fringe players.
The club say they need to sell to buy, fine, Murtough has known this since May and yet has done nothing does this failure mean we must accept fewer squad additions.
We pay fringe players ridiculous wages which means we struggle to get decent transfer fees.

Pretty sure Brandon Williams was given a 50k a week contract after playing about 20 games for the club.

I get the frustration with this window, it’s been pretty pathetic so far considering they’ve known for months what’s been needed etc, but we they need more than one window (which hasn’t ended yet) until they’re judged imo.

Unread 01-08-2022, 10:24 PM
armchair

We used to not pay the highest wages. Even in our successful years. The high wages came out of desperation.

Even then I don't understand why we pay such high wages to young/bitpart/squad players.

Unread 01-08-2022, 10:32 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Some of the wages quite literally beggar belief. DDG on same salary as Salah and De Bruyne What the actual £#%&! was going through their heads.

Unread 01-08-2022, 10:35 PM
Baron

City have recouped £230m this year apparently.

They pay players fortunes. Utd are £#%&!ing idiots. It’s not Murtough, it’s systemic over the past decade and how poorly were run.

Unread 01-08-2022, 10:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

They pay players fortunes. Utd are £#%&!ing idiots. It’s not Murtough, it’s systemic over the past decade and how poorly were run.
Tbf they probably just pay the players to leave too but hide it better/no one gives a big enough £#%&! to actual look or report it.

Unread 01-08-2022, 10:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Half the players they sold were youth players
Basically they would have sold Garner this summer for 20 million while his value was high following a successful loan

They have been incredibly successful on the pitch so players like Jesus and Sterling who’ve done really well for them will fetch a good price

A bit different than trying to sell AWB and Telles after shite seasons

Unread 01-08-2022, 10:48 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Small caveat that City actually pay decent players big money & therefore can shift them (Sterling / Jesus). Some of the chumps we’ve had on the books last few years .. must be like the Goodfellas laughing gif when we get on the phone to try to shift some of this shit. DDG Spain’s sub goal keeper on half CL semi finalist Villareal’s total 26 man squad wage bill

Unread 01-08-2022, 11:06 PM
marlo

A lot of our most recent ridiculous and lucrative contracts were handed out by a certain manager.

anyone else and it would have been mentioned more.

“Reboot”

Unread 01-08-2022, 11:09 PM
Juice Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
A lot of our most recent ridiculous and lucrative contracts were handed out by a certain manager.

“Reboot”
I really don’t think Ole was negotiating salaries pal, that’s boardroom level. But as a man who negotiates high level football contracts you already knew that 😉

Unread 01-08-2022, 11:20 PM
armchair

At a guess I'd guess Van Persie was the start of it. Yeah he was worth it but the guy joined to win the league not for the money. Not sure what Veron was on. He'd also be a candidate for us convincing people with money rather than the appeal of United. Di Maria and Sanchez were even more desperate.

Unread 02-08-2022, 08:02 AM
dunk

Quote:

City are basically farming footballers via a network of clubs throughout the globe. It’s a huge money laundering exercise. Don’t believe any of the figures involved imo.

Unread 02-08-2022, 08:07 AM
Seamus

Quote:
the fact murtough has decided to bring saf and gill back into the fold says it all.

he is more concerned with the optics regarding united.

there is next to nothing that points towards the future about bringing back our manager and ceo from a decade a go.
apparently that was Richard Arnold's decision. I dont think Fergie has been out of the fold, it was him who got Ole in in on the interim and also Darren Fletcher as a director of football.

Unread 02-08-2022, 08:18 AM
puressence

Quote:

“Reboot”

STILL BLAMING OLE FFS WHILST WE ARE STILL STUCK WITH PLAYERS FROM THE ONE BEFORE THAT

Unread 02-08-2022, 08:45 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
STILL BLAMING OLE FFS WHILST WE ARE STILL STUCK WITH PLAYERS FROM THE ONE BEFORE THAT
because he gave them new contracts
Closed Thread