United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:47 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Chelsea ,Liverpool even City manage to get fees for fringe players.
The club say they need to sell to buy, fine, Murtough has known this since May and yet has done nothing does this failure mean we must accept fewer squad additions.
Do you want him to pay contracted players less? Maybe he should throw them out of a plane? Or dissolve them in acid?

What in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus do you want him to do with shit players on massive contracts that were given out under Woodward?

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:50 PM
Bunker Buster

We got a fee from Fulham for fringe shite ?

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:01 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
What in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus do you want him to do with shit players on massive contracts that were given out under Woodward?

In the case of Jones and Bailly (who fit this scenario I think)we might have to reduce the fee we are asking, 10 mill has been offered from Roma.
The alternative is to continue to let them clog up the first team squad. Jones hanging on to the number 4 for instance.
Erik is a coach let him coach let him promote from within if necessary but get those that are not the future gone.

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
In the case of Jones and Bailly (who fit this scenario I think)we might have to reduce the fee we are asking, 10 mill has been offered from an Italian team.
The alternative is to continue to let them clog up the first team squad. Jones hanging on to the number 4 for instance.
Erik is a coach let him coach let him promote from within if necessary but get those that are not the future gone.
Has it? Deffo?

Are they covering the full wage as well?

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:07 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Has it? Deffo?

Are they covering the full wage as well?
Murtough isnít stood in my back garden mate
I donít know

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:13 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Murtough isnít stood in my back garden mate
I donít know
That's kind of... my point...

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:21 PM
Ronny

Ultimately Erik is the best chance the fans have of the seeing winning football return.
So far the club have hid behind him and failed to address the glacial pace of transfer business under the Glazers.
Thatís kind of Ö my point.

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:25 PM
Mr_Ed

How's this thread working out for you Ronny?

He's signed 3 players, which is nice, but there's a big gaping hole in the middle of the park that he's trying to plug and maybe we'll have a plan-b.. we better had or we're in trouble.

For those on high end contracts, which appears to be all of them, then we're going to have to sell them cheap or let them run down and that's going to take 2-3 seasons with more haemorrhaging of cash until it can all be corrected.

Finally, don't be so impatient... It's August - we've got loads of time (like we had in May, June and July).

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:26 PM
Ronny

Thread starting is a perilous enterprise.

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:41 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
The club say they need to sell to buy, fine, Murtough has known this since May and yet has done nothing does this failure mean we must accept fewer squad additions.
Liverpool sold 4 players recently into Championship or promoted sides for around 60 million. It has been oft remarked on but this summer is a total shit show & pay no need to the utter clowns that seem to think weíve actually done better business than the sides immediately above us. People are looking through the rose tinted lens that Erik will be some complete panacea for all ills when on paper so far our business this summer is the worst in years.

Unread 01-08-2022, 10:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
We pay fringe players ridiculous wages which means we struggle to get decent transfer fees.

Pretty sure Brandon Williams was given a 50k a week contract after playing about 20 games for the club.

I get the frustration with this window, itís been pretty pathetic so far considering theyíve known for months whatís been needed etc, but we they need more than one window (which hasnít ended yet) until theyíre judged imo.

Unread 01-08-2022, 11:24 PM
armchair

We used to not pay the highest wages. Even in our successful years. The high wages came out of desperation.

Even then I don't understand why we pay such high wages to young/bitpart/squad players.

Unread 01-08-2022, 11:32 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Some of the wages quite literally beggar belief. DDG on same salary as Salah and De Bruyne What the actual f*** was going through their heads.

Unread 01-08-2022, 11:35 PM
Baron

City have recouped £230m this year apparently.

They pay players fortunes. Utd are f***ing idiots. Itís not Murtough, itís systemic over the past decade and how poorly were run.

Unread 01-08-2022, 11:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

They pay players fortunes. Utd are f***ing idiots. Itís not Murtough, itís systemic over the past decade and how poorly were run.
Tbf they probably just pay the players to leave too but hide it better/no one gives a big enough f*** to actual look or report it.

Unread 01-08-2022, 11:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Half the players they sold were youth players
Basically they would have sold Garner this summer for 20 million while his value was high following a successful loan

They have been incredibly successful on the pitch so players like Jesus and Sterling whoíve done really well for them will fetch a good price

A bit different than trying to sell AWB and Telles after shite seasons

Unread 01-08-2022, 11:48 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Small caveat that City actually pay decent players big money & therefore can shift them (Sterling / Jesus). Some of the chumps weíve had on the books last few years .. must be like the Goodfellas laughing gif when we get on the phone to try to shift some of this shit. DDG Spainís sub goal keeper on half CL semi finalist Villarealís total 26 man squad wage bill

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:06 AM
marlo

A lot of our most recent ridiculous and lucrative contracts were handed out by a certain manager.

anyone else and it would have been mentioned more.

ďRebootĒ

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:09 AM
Juice Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
A lot of our most recent ridiculous and lucrative contracts were handed out by a certain manager.

anyone else and it would have been mentioned more.

ďRebootĒ
I really donít think Ole was negotiating salaries pal, thatís boardroom level. But as a man who negotiates high level football contracts you already knew that 😉

Unread 02-08-2022, 12:20 AM
armchair

At a guess I'd guess Van Persie was the start of it. Yeah he was worth it but the guy joined to win the league not for the money. Not sure what Veron was on. He'd also be a candidate for us convincing people with money rather than the appeal of United. Di Maria and Sanchez were even more desperate.