United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2022, 07:43 PM
Ronny

Default John Murtough

Time to put this guy under the spotlight…
Fletcher and he interviewed Erik back in April, Ralph had made it very clear where the weaknesses of the squad lay, so a sketch of a plan concerning summer business must have been discussed.
Leaving aside the claim that ETH vetoed the defender signing the club had lined up, the decision to leave all summer additions in the managers court was in my view typical Glazer incompetence.
But getting unwanted players out of the club should have been Murtough’s primary concern since last May and yet only Periera has left for a fee and today we hear of Telles going if we pay half his wages.
We saw Chong reaffirm his unsuitability for a Utd yet the talk still is of loans.
If we are to have any hope that this club finally has the right people in place things must begin to move now.
Erik has had a look for himself he must begin to trim the squad .

Unread 01-08-2022, 07:45 PM
windy waffles

Who is John Mutough?

Unread 01-08-2022, 07:48 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Who is John Mutough?

Unread 01-08-2022, 07:57 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He done a nice edit...

John MuRtough, on the other hand...

Unread 01-08-2022, 07:57 PM
Ronny

Whatever fixed now

I thought it was a Woodward thing to just hang on to players as assets on the books.
But that game on sunday showed the squad still contains some younger players who will never make it but we em unable to move them on if only to recoup the cost of their raining.

Unread 01-08-2022, 07:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Whatever fixed now

I thought it was a Woodward thing to just hang on to players as assets on the books.
But that game on sunday showed the squad still contains some younger players who will never make it but we em unable to move them on if only to recoup the cost of their raining.
Must be a WUM

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:01 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Whatever fixed now

Are you drunk?

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Are you drunk?
He seems to be blaming Murtough for the fact we have loads of shit players on high wages, and also having a go for him actually buying players the manager has asked for.

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:20 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't know if you've noticed or not in the last 10 years but we're not run very well.
Indeed, I’m wondering what is holding us back?
Erik is step in the right direction but the changes in the club hierarchy need to contribute too.

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Indeed, I’m wondering what is holding us back?
Erik is step in the right direction but the changes in the club hierarchy need to contribute too.
It appears the 'throw a ton of money at shite' approach didn't work under Mourinho and Solskjaer, so they've gone for a safer 'don't spend much and then we won't be under so much pressure to finish top 4' method.

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:25 PM
Bunker Buster

This again mate ?

You can't bin millions of first team squad members every window, last count we'd cleared 12 off the books, potential 14....

And yes this includes youth...

Ronny

Quote:
You know Murtough hasn't been running the club these last few years right?

Are you ok Ronny?
You didn’t read the first post did you?
so keen to snipe as usual

atticusgrinch

Quote:
You didn’t read the first post did you?
so keen to snipe as usual
Did i £#%&!.

I've seen your posts before.

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:27 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
This again mate ?

You can't bin millions of first team squad members every window, last count we'd cleared 12 off the books, potential 14....

And yes this includes youth...
It’s not again

It was what little quality the squad possessed left on a free this year.
This is about getting rid of identified deadwood.

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
It’s not again

It was what little quality the squad possessed left on a free this year.
This is about getting rid of identified deadwood.
Prices and club availability for our "deadwood"

Go....

?

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:32 PM
marlo

the fact murtough has decided to bring saf and gill back into the fold says it all.

he is more concerned with the optics regarding united.

there is next to nothing that points towards the future about bringing back our manager and ceo from a decade a go.

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:34 PM
Ronny

Chelsea ,Liverpool even City manage to get fees for fringe players.
The club say they need to sell to buy, fine, Murtough has known this since May and yet has done nothing does this failure mean we must accept fewer squad additions.

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:47 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Chelsea ,Liverpool even City manage to get fees for fringe players.
The club say they need to sell to buy, fine, Murtough has known this since May and yet has done nothing does this failure mean we must accept fewer squad additions.
Do you want him to pay contracted players less? Maybe he should throw them out of a plane? Or dissolve them in acid?

What in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus do you want him to do with shit players on massive contracts that were given out under Woodward?

Unread 01-08-2022, 08:50 PM
Bunker Buster

We got a fee from Fulham for fringe shite ?

Unread 01-08-2022, 09:01 PM
Ronny

Quote:
What in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus do you want him to do with shit players on massive contracts that were given out under Woodward?

In the case of Jones and Bailly (who fit this scenario I think)we might have to reduce the fee we are asking, 10 mill has been offered from Roma.
The alternative is to continue to let them clog up the first team squad. Jones hanging on to the number 4 for instance.
Erik is a coach let him coach let him promote from within if necessary but get those that are not the future gone.
Closed Thread