United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:01 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
He does this infuriating thing where he shimmy's with his right foot as if he's going to do some mind blowing trick then does nothing but pass straight back.

Will be at West Ham in a two seasons time. Such a disappointment.
Straight swap for Rice?

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:02 AM
dunk

Needs to be more central and playmaking, also needs to learn to play that role. Itís not looking good.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:05 AM
Sparky***

he's struggling like all our attackers. No f***ing shock there really.

All of them look low on confidence at the moment apart from Monsieur Glass so they over complicate everything. One pass too many, one touch too many, nothing seems to be flowing.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:06 AM
redhegemony

Starting to look like he is a no 10 in a 4-4-2..

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:06 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post
Wouldnít put him in vs Everton. Too physical. Reckon a lot of other national players (I know heís English) donít fancy the PL for that reason. Why would you come to the PL when you can stroll around France and still pick up a decent wedge even if youíre not PSG.
Was reading a piece about Michael Ball the other day, outlining the injuries heís had, and pressures put on not only him to play, but the medicos to make light of it as well. Understandable players going to their own doc when they canít trust the club guy.
come along way since phantom of the opera

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:09 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
he's struggling like all our attackers. No f***ing shock there really.

All of them look low on confidence at the moment apart from Monsieur Glass so they over complicate everything. One pass too many, one touch too many, nothing seems to be flowing.
They were making the right passes yesterday tbf, the problem was they kept putting them behind their intended target. Happened over and over again, was so frustrating that I actually punched my leg in anger.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:16 AM
tatty

Not many of our players are looking good at the moment so Iím not surprised a kid is struggling.

If we are back on track as a team next season and he still isnít looking right then Iíll be more concerned.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:05 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
They were making the right passes yesterday tbf, the problem was they kept putting them behind their intended target. Happened over and over again, was so frustrating that I actually punched my leg in anger.
Hope the legís ok

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post
Hope the legís ok
Thanks Denis. I came away from it without any serious injury - I should be fit for the Everton game.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:25 PM
Baron

Definitely seems to be a confidence thing, he was able to take the piss in Germany - choosing to do what he wanted, when he wanted. Take someone on, do a trick, pin-point crosses or slide rule through balls... I think he's maybe been a bit shocked at the change in level between the PL & his time there.

That being said, he was integrated into a Dortmund side that was comfortably the 2nd best in their league & relatively settled playing wise. Everything he knew about the game was happening on the pitch. This United side is a Frankenstein's monster of a squad & tactics.

We're seeing it with Anthony as well, a player that was previously walking past a player or two every week. Confidence & support, awareness of where your team mates are - hugely important. There's almost no one in the league that just takes the piss walking past players, but there are loads that can pass to feet consistently & put in a shift.

The sooner ETH instils this fundamental the sooner we'll know if these guys can cut it here.

I don't have too many issues with Sancho as a talent, he's got OK numbers here. But his level when at his best is 15+ goals & assists and that is what he needs to get to asap here.

Unread 07-10-2022, 06:27 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Most disappointing of the past 5 years' signings relative to expectations imo. Expected a strong, blisteringly quick skill merchant out wide - one Europe's top young talents. Instead he's been .. functional? No where near the bottom of the pile in terms of overall performance, but not at the level expected and unlike most he's not in the twilight / final contract of his career phase. Was almost a 1-in-2 man at Dortmund; much better start stats wise this season than last, but long way to go.

Unread 09-10-2022, 09:26 AM
Stickman

good in front of goal but MIA far too much for my liking and really not very good at taking his man on.

Dont really rate him if iím honest.

Unread 09-10-2022, 12:56 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen View Post
Most disappointing of the past 5 years' signings relative to expectations imo. Expected a strong, blisteringly quick skill merchant out wide - one Europe's top young talents. Instead he's been .. functional? No where near the bottom of the pile in terms of overall performance, but not at the level expected and unlike most he's not in the twilight / final contract of his career phase. Was almost a 1-in-2 man at Dortmund; much better start stats wise this season than last, but long way to go.
Another club signing that the manager doesnít rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence View Post
come along way since phantom of the opera
SanchoĎS the phantom on the wing

Unread 09-10-2022, 05:22 PM
goldfinger II

Just don't see the talent in him. What are his skills? He has a nice weight of pass at times but aside from that, I'm not seeing anything.

He has no game and has been unable to impose himself on the game thus far.

Wouldn't write him off just yet but it's not looking good.

Unread 09-10-2022, 09:31 PM
Joe Biden

Wasn't missed at all. Wouldn't be bothered at all of he was moved on this summer.

Unread 09-10-2022, 09:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Nice to have the options tbh.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:37 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Nice to have the options tbh.
Nothing wrong with any of them getting a kick up the arse.

For my money the only wide man who justifies being an automatic pick at the moment is Antony. I love the arrogance of the lad, sometime soon heís going to have one of those games where he absolutely tortures the fullback.

Unread 09-10-2022, 10:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai View Post
Nothing wrong with any of them getting a kick up the arse.

For my money the only wide man who justifies being an automatic pick at the moment is Antony. I love the arrogance of the lad, sometime soon heís going to have one of those games where he absolutely tortures the fullback.
Feel like heís still playing within himself, but heís producing and heís really dangerous. When he settles, heís going to tear it up.

Unread 09-10-2022, 11:24 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden View Post
Wasn't missed at all. Wouldn't be bothered at all of he was moved on this summer.
Ffs, writing him off after one season (where we were managerially terrible, and half the squad threw the towel in, and barely more than a handful games this).

Not like we'd get anybody more talented anyway.

Unread 09-10-2022, 11:31 PM
Dr Stranger

I think weíre getting a bit carried away. We were talking about him turning a corner when he got 2 in 3 recently. Heís scored again since then too. Weíre still settling back down after lay off. Everyone up front has shown some glimpses.

Ronaldo, Rashfordí, Antony, martial and Bruno are all Off the mark as our attackers and three of them have 3 or more goals already.

Goals are starting to flow now too. 3 against Arsenal, city and Omonia and another two today.

Letís let the season settle down a bit before we start worrying about every single one of our forwards, eh?