United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 04:25 AM
Denis Irwell
 
Default

Same as Martial. Same as Shaw. Don’t trust the f***er to put in a shift 3 games running. Use as necessary until replaced
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 07:10 AM
shenwen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell View Post
Same as Martial. Same as Shaw. Don’t trust the f***er to put in a shift 3 games running. Use as necessary until replaced
Yep. happy him and Martial are getting on the scoresheet but neither should be seen as a long-term solution.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 07:16 AM
Patty_b
 
Default

I've been a Rashford apologist as much as anyone else, and he was decent last night and took his goal really well. But there's levels to the game.

It's great coming on and making an impression against the team that are currently 4th in the Cypriot league, but unless he can get consistent form against Premier League and Champions League opposition then whats the point. If we get a decent offer for him we would be mad not to let him go.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 07:33 AM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Looked RAZOR sharp last night, long may it continue....

A top red.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 11:52 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
I've been a Rashford apologist as much as anyone else, and he was decent last night and took his goal really well. But there's levels to the game.

It's great coming on and making an impression against the team that are currently 4th in the Cypriot league, but unless he can get consistent form against Premier League and Champions League opposition then whats the point. If we get a decent offer for him we would be mad not to let him go.
Literally just scored 3 against Arsenal & Liverpool.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 11:54 AM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Output a lot better so that’s buying him more faith and time. Basics of his game are so crude though. First goal last night summed him up: shite first touch, but then lashed in a cracking finish. So inconsistent.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 11:57 AM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Looked RAZOR sharp last night, long may it continue....

A top red.
Well that's good because it was a close shave against a shite team.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 12:03 PM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen View Post
Literally just scored 3 against Arsenal & Liverpool.
Literally got dragged off after 60 minutes after a pathetic display against City.

Literally just went a season scoring only 5 goals in 30 games.

Weird how you're so eager to put the boot in on a player that scored 24 in 37 games last season in an abysmal team, but Rashford still needs even more time.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 12:29 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Literally got dragged off after 60 minutes after a pathetic display against City.

Literally just went a season scoring only 5 goals in 30 games.

Weird how you're so eager to put the boot in on a player that scored 24 in 37 games last season in an abysmal team, but Rashford still needs even more time.
Because I understand why the performance was poor against City. Because I understand why the team was abysmal last season (as ETH does). Because I wrote 6 months ago how this would go down, why ETH would not countenance Ronaldo as a starter in competitive league football, and why we'd see the Rashford Renaissance (TM).

Needs a CF to play off then the final pieces fall into place.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen View Post
Because I understand why the performance was poor against City. Because I understand why the team was abysmal last season (as ETH does). Because I wrote 6 months ago how this would go down, why ETH would not countenance Ronaldo as a starter in competitive league football, and why we'd see the Rashford Renaissance (TM).

Needs a CF to play off then the final pieces fall into place.


If it was up to you, you'd have Poch in tomorrow instead of ETH, so forgive me for not putting much stock into what you 'understand'.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 12:52 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen View Post
Because I understand why the performance was poor against City. Because I understand why the team was abysmal last season (as ETH does). Because I wrote 6 months ago how this would go down, why ETH would not countenance Ronaldo as a starter in competitive league football, and why we'd see the Rashford Renaissance (TM).

Needs a CF to play off then the final pieces fall into place.
Him and Martial well have it if ETH can get it out of them. Ronnie as an impact sub and that doesn't look bad. Would always want to see four good strikers in the squad the way fergle used to operate, takes a bit of building these days. The lads a player and will hopefully only get better.
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 01:10 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen View Post
Because I understand why the performance was poor against City. Because I understand why the team was abysmal last season (as ETH does). Because I wrote 6 months ago how this would go down, why ETH would not countenance Ronaldo as a starter in competitive league football, and why we'd see the Rashford Renaissance (TM).

Needs a CF to play off then the final pieces fall into place.
Quote:
Join Date: Jun 22
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 02:06 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Eriksvanbullshitten
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 02:07 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post


If it was up to you, you'd have Poch in tomorrow instead of ETH, so forgive me for not putting much stock into what you 'understand'.
Ouch.....
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 02:21 PM
Patty_b
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Ouch.....
Was a bit harsh on reflection, although fair.

I still think he could be scouser on a wum. Who else in their right mind would be putting the boot into ETH at this stage and pining after Poch instead
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 02:45 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
Was a bit harsh on reflection, although fair.

I still think he could be scouser on a wum. Who else in their right mind would be putting the boot into ETH at this stage and pining after Poch instead
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 03:21 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post


Poch on a wum?
 
Unread 07-10-2022, 06:17 PM
Chris Quayd
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury View Post
 
Unread 13-10-2022, 10:19 PM
Dr Stranger
 
Default

Christ, he’s frustrating.

All-round game actually looked a lot better. More assured touch, more aggressive, confident…. But his finishing- good LORD.

That 1v1 is a real shocker. He’s got goals this season, he’s meant to be in form. He’s got to tuck that away.
 
Unread 13-10-2022, 10:21 PM
Selhurst Samurai
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Christ, he’s frustrating.

All-round game actually looked a lot better. More assured touch, more aggressive, confident…. But his finishing- good LORD.

That 1v1 is a real shocker. He’s got goals this season, he’s meant to be in form. He’s got to tuck that away.
One of those nights I think. He scores the 1v1 then he probably goes on to get a hat trick. He let frustration get the better of him toward the end but, as you say, his general play is on the up.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: How much longer does Rashford get?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IAN HERBERT: Marcus Rashford is part of a new breed of sports stars no longer afraid to speak out fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 01-09-2020 10:40 PM
Things which are no longer Mancunian Red Off Topic 100 09-01-2011 11:57 PM
I'm no longer a smoker. MPLA Off Topic 16 25-09-2009 02:25 PM
How much f***ing longer LH_88 Off Topic 5 27-08-2007 11:10 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.