United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:49 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Again. I reiterate - there’s a reason he’s not Madrid, Barca or Bayern…or even Liverpool.. it’s because they saw the sums being bandied about by his dad and his agent and they wanted no part of them.
Suspect partly true, but I've always thought there was a plan to have short stints at a couple of clubs prior to him moving to Madrid. Still think that will be the case and he will be off in 2-3 years.

Unread 07-10-2022, 09:56 AM
jem

you can say what you like about the financial scheming off the pitch, but he's not snide on the pitch and he's clearly a good player. as city could nearly win everything without a centre forward, it doesn't look good. suck it up.

Unread 07-10-2022, 10:50 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you can say what you like about the financial scheming off the pitch, but he's not snide on the pitch and he's clearly a good player. as city could nearly win everything without a centre forward, it doesn't look good. suck it up.
This.

If we had him we'd worship him.

Take it on the chin lads I'm afraid. Barring injury, the next couple of years look hairy re city.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:09 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It’s quite hard not to think this. I keep thinking about when Ruud was with us and how we adapted our game so much to try and compete in Europe that we fell off domestically. Problem now is that football is so one dimensional across Europe that they don’t need to adapt from the league to the CL and his goals will be the difference.

It’s pretty doomlordery this early in the season but you can’t really see beyond them doing a clean sweep. I’m hoping this is the post that’s bumped in May
Just clinging to the few dodgy defensive performances they've had, v Newcastle, Palace and Villa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
This.

If we had him we'd worship him.

Take it on the chin lads I'm afraid. Barring injury, the next couple of years look hairy re city.
Tbf the world might die in a fiery nuclear armageddon soon, so it's not all bad.

Unread 07-10-2022, 12:23 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Just clinging to the few dodgy defensive performances they've had, v Newcastle, Palace and Villa.
Dortmund were also 1-0 up until the final 10.

Haaland touches the ball approx. 30 times a game .. amongst the very least for forwards in the league despite City dominating the ball. He's a complete anomaly in that respect, certainly compared with how Augero/Jesus/Foden played at the head.

Without the ball, City are almost literally playing with 10 men (esp on the counter). 3 goals conceded vs Newcastle/us; 2 Palace; a draw at a dreadful Villa side. Yet to be seen how they perform in knock outs against good European sides who keep him (relatively) quiet on attack / don't fold like a cheap pack of cards in the first 30 min / don't play hari kari team selections. Wouldn't be writing their name on the European Cup yet.

Unread 08-10-2022, 10:54 PM
windy waffles

Goldbridge has spoken...

Unread 08-10-2022, 10:57 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Tbf the world might die in a fiery nuclear armageddon soon, so it's not all bad.
That'd be harsh on Haaland having a second nuclear bomb drop on him.

Unread 08-10-2022, 11:00 PM
Sparky***

It's literally like watching one of those infuriating @#%&!s on fifa who just scored the classic square across the 18 yard box for a tap in goals over and over.

It's hilarious watching the reaction tbh. Shows our league up for the over hyped shit it is though. We've got no business calling france and germany farmers leagues any more. We've become just as bad.

Unread 08-10-2022, 11:04 PM
Dr Stranger

So, we really are going to bump it every time he scores then?

Unread 08-10-2022, 11:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So, we really are going to bump it every time he scores then?
Hopefully....

Unread 08-10-2022, 11:18 PM
Finport Red

Unread 09-10-2022, 11:25 AM
The taste of...

Easiest way to make your peace with it is recognise it for what it is

Abu Dhabi FC

There is no Manchester cITEH. Hasn’t been since 2008.

Unread 09-10-2022, 11:46 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Easiest way to make your peace with it is recognise it for what it is

Abu Dhabi FC

There is no Manchester cITEH. Hasn’t been since 2008.
I'll try my best when they are lifting the European Cup draped in City colours next May after Haaland has scored a hat trick against PSG in the final

Unread 09-10-2022, 12:16 PM
windy waffles

Even walks like a cyborg.

Reckon he was on power saving mode tbh.

Unread 09-10-2022, 12:56 PM
Stickman

those lads sound great

Unread 09-10-2022, 02:29 PM
Pop

Should have ran over him tbf.

Unread 09-10-2022, 02:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Should have ran over him tbf.
Wouldn’t have worked.

Unread 09-10-2022, 02:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Man walks on a street.....

Also was about a month ago ..

HES On POWer SAVing mODe.....

Unread 09-10-2022, 02:55 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Absolutely sick to £#%&!ing death of hearing about this @#%&! already.

Hope he breaks both legs and never plays again, the gangly, Norwegian, ponytailed #@&%!.
They'll just reboot the bastard and he'll be fine.

Unread 09-10-2022, 03:46 PM
tatty

I used to hate some opposition players, Souness etc.

Nowadays I find myself just enjoying watching great players play, regardless of who for.

I’d rather the mutant head was playing for us though obviously.
Closed Thread