Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Jethro

Snubbed though

Unread 21-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Why do you continue the pretence you're a Utd fan? It's pitiful to see.
I thought this as well until I saw him posting on a pre season, early hours match.

He'd have to be one seriously committed WUM....

Unread 21-08-2015, 06:50 PM
rockored

Quote:
Originally Posted by innit
The Munich chanting scumbags will think they have got one over on us.
The @#%&!s.
You are inventng an argument in your head.
but even if it's true, who cares?

Unread 21-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Crumps

Best defence in the league since November last year. Proper new right back and Shaw looks much more settled. I really don't think we need a new centre half, especially with the ones mentioned there is no stand out top drawer nailed on worldy. Hummels would have been the one as we could really do with experience and someone who is the finished article or thereabouts.

Unread 21-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Seen it said (the Guardian citing LVG's Ajax book) that only one traditional/ball winning centre back is required in the age of 4-5-1/4-3-3 and variants because there's so rarely 2 powerful forwards to compete with. Your man prefers to have a ball player to bring it out and pass it forward. Makes sense to me and, apparently, explains Blind.

That said, you must wonder what would have happened if Pique had come a long just a couple of years later rather than when Rio was in his prime - imagine a seamless progression from Rio/Vidic to Pique/Vidic.

Related question, does anyone resent Fletcher and/or Scholes for blocking Pogba's path to the first team? Anderson is a given.

Unread 21-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockored
You are inventng an argument in your head.
There are worse ways to spend an evening tbf.

Unread 21-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunne's Half-Time Pint
Related question, does anyone resent Fletcher and/or Scholes for blocking Pogba's path to the first team? Anderson is a given.
No. They're not responsible for team decisions.

Unread 21-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Darmian_fan

Why is this thread continuing? How much did you guys see him before last season?

He had ONE good season, before that Rojo was ahead of him for Argentina, Rojo was their second best defender in the WC, while Otamendi was not even selected. He was also worse than Mangala at Porto. Evans also had one or two good seasons with us, does it mean Evans is good enough?

What happened to fans these days? We have so many talented young defenders, why not give them time to grow? Doesn't it feel better when you see young players flourishing like Smalling is doing now? What fun in buying some grown up mercenaries and then leave the club like that rat?

I reiterate, we just need ONE top draw right winger, other than that we don't need one. In fact, I think if we sign one top class right winger, we should let go Mata, cos we need space for Januzaj and Mata isn't good enough for us.

Unread 21-08-2015, 07:37 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmian_fan
Why is this thread continuing? How much did you guys see him before last season?

He had ONE good season, before that Rojo was ahead of him for Argentina, Rojo was their second best defender in the WC, while Otamendi was not even selected. He was also worse than Mangala at Porto. Evans also had one or two good seasons with us, does it mean Evans is good enough?

What happened to fans these days? We have so many talented young defenders, why not give them time to grow? Doesn't it feel better when you see young players flourishing like Smalling is doing now? What fun in buying some grown up mercenaries and then leave the club like that rat?

I reiterate, we just need ONE top draw right winger, other than that we don't need one. In fact, I think if we sign one top class right winger, we should let go Mata, cos we need space for Januzaj and Mata isn't good enough for us.
Because people keep adding posts.

Like this one and the one quoted.
Closed Thread