United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Lok

The lad has the talent and I agree with the Ozil comment. There's a player in there somewhere but we'll probably never see it.

It's just a shame he's an absolute shit the bed who seems to have a poor attitude. Not a good combination.

We had to give him the contract and the fact we're going to get £10m for him means it was the right decision.

Unread 22-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Baron

Just include a sell on clause or a buy back one & see how he gets on.

I thought he was nailed on to be a player when I saw him in that Sunderland match. He has a great weight of pass, glides past players when he wants, technique etc.

Shame it turns out he's a shithouse.

Send him to Spain, watch him stroll it and move to Sevilla for £20m next summer & then elsewhere for £60m the year after once he realises he can make it in the sunshine.

Unread 22-06-2017, 01:13 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Genuinely thought the pointless little bastard was sold last season.
Treat it like a tenner you've just found in your jeans then.

Unread 22-06-2017, 01:18 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Just include a sell on clause or a buy back one & see how he gets on
why?

the bloke clearly thinks he's made it. let him go, he had his chance but got caught up in his own hype and the smoke being blown up his arse by Moyes

He's shit.

Bye

Unread 22-06-2017, 04:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
shirt number klaxon
In retrospect it probably *was* a mistake, wasn't it?

Unread 22-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
In retrospect it probably *was* a mistake, wasn't it?
Yes.

It's 'just a shirt number', but it was significant one. An iconic one. To be granted that number wasn't just like getting the number 38 shirt. It has a degree of significance and was a reward for a good half a season.

If someone is a bit of a #@&%!, they could easily get carried away by 'getting Giggs number'

Unread 22-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Bunker Buster

It means absolutely nothing...

Unread 22-06-2017, 05:46 PM
plopborsky

Unread 22-06-2017, 07:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
The actual evidence, in this and other cases, suggests otherwise. Maybe it *shouldn't* mean anything, but alas that's not quite the same thing.

The worst thing about it is that the club only made that (heavily trailed) announcement because woowar had £#%&!ed up what was meant to be a big pre-season signing. Allegedly.

Unread 22-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
How do you know?

Maybe it doesn't to us, but it might have done to Januzaj. It could have affected him. It shouldn't, but it could.

Valencia wanted his old number back.

"It had been something I had been thinking about for quite a long time. I'd been considering a change back and maybe it is psychological or maybe it is just all about a good-luck symbol, if you like. We get a lot of that in Ecuador, maybe superstition, and l hope it continues and still brings me more good luck this season."

Unread 22-06-2017, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

And isn't one of the supposed reasons for Martial being sulky this season that he "lost" his shirt number?

Unread 22-06-2017, 11:46 PM
suedeshoes

I can still remember saying on here that I thought Adnan could be the new Kaka. Still time

Unread 22-06-2017, 11:55 PM
goldfinger II

Thought he'd be great

Unread 23-06-2017, 01:02 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
It's not that bizarre, he was on 5k a week, we gave him 50k a week because we £#%&!ed it with pogba. It went to his head, you don't know what reserves- balls-desire these kids have until it's tested.
didn't fergie anoint him as the next big thing pre-retirement as well? plus the club were taking a battering over moyes; easy to see how they could overinvest in a brief flicker of potential.

always seemed half a yard too slow for this league. will be interesting to see how he does elsewhere.

Unread 23-06-2017, 01:16 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
didn't fergie anoint him as the next big thing pre-retirement as well? plus the club were taking a battering over moyes; easy to see how they could overinvest in a brief flicker of potential.

always seemed half a yard too slow for this league. will be interesting to see how he does elsewhere.
Thought it was Lingard he anointed?

Either way, he was wrong

Unread 23-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Still a place for him at united....

Played well at Sunderland...

Come home Adderz....

bunks having a bunks

Unread 23-06-2017, 05:47 PM
red in cumbria

"Played well at Sunderland"?? Funny how no actual Mackems agree there

Unread 09-07-2017, 05:45 PM
ScarFace

What's going on with this rat?

I thought he was sold to some Spanish club?

Just seen jose saying he won't be on the tour or be offered a squad number this season.

Why hasn't he signed for the Spaniards?

Unread 09-07-2017, 05:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Just seen jose saying he won't be on the tour or be offered a squad number this season.

Probably won't pay him £50k a week and United won't pay him to go.

Unread 09-07-2017, 06:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Giving him a much needed boot up the posterior and out of United, then - genuinely G2C
Closed Thread