United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Sloane

Default Pre-season

August 5th v Valerenga

anybody know of any others?

thats all that is announced that i can see usually organised a lot earlier than this

seems a bit odd. is this capable hands not being able to arrange anything?

surely the gimps wont be happy that we aren't whoring the brand around valuable markets?

Unread 29-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
August 5th v Valerenga

anybody know of any others?

thats all that is announced that i can see usually organised a lot earlier than this

seems a bit odd. is this capable hands not being able to arrange anything?

surely the gimps wont be happy that we aren't whoring the brand around valuable markets?

It's the olympics int it ? £#%&!ing everything up, final is on the 11th August

Unread 29-05-2012, 11:26 AM
forwardirektion

FC are playing away at exeter......Should be a decent trip

Unread 29-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Ginners

probably waiting until we sign this jap

Unread 29-05-2012, 11:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
probably waiting until we sign this jap
19 days in 21 days lined up around asia the minute he puts pen to paper. 18 million return on shirt sales. value.

Unread 29-05-2012, 11:32 AM
saffers

Very very odd stuff, supposedly 2 games in china, 2 in south Africa and the friendly in Oslo.

With people resting after Euros and then people away on olympics duty we could well be seeing the ressie/youth teamers involved.

I remember the absolute mess our team was during the 2004 Olympics, we had to go to Chelsea with our biggest axis of evil group all starting(miller, djemba, oshea, brown, fortune, smith, etc)

edit;

Chelsea: Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Gallas, Terry, Bridge, Geremi, Makelele, Lampard, Smertin, Drogba, Gudjohnsen. Subs: Cudicini, Mutu, Kezman, Parker, Ricardo Carvalho.

Man Utd: Howard, Silvestre, Gary Neville, Keane, Fortune, Miller, O'Shea, Djemba-Djemba, Giggs, Scholes, Smith. Subs: Ricardo, Phil Neville, Bellion, Richardson, Forlan.

Referee: G Poll (Hertfordshire)

Unread 29-05-2012, 11:34 AM
JakeB

Looking past what a holocaust our team was that day ...you forget how much shite Mourinho signed at Chelsea don't you?

Unread 29-05-2012, 11:41 AM
believe

Thumbs up

not being involved in the charity shield will do us wonders next season.

Unread 29-05-2012, 11:43 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Looking past what a holocaust our team was that day ...you forget how much shite Mourinho signed at Chelsea don't you?
(our) Bench was an absolute joke as well.

Unread 29-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Excluding the fact that most of them were bought prior to his arrival.

Ferreira, Droggles and the Portuguese centre half whose name escapes me were his main 3 (& Thiago)

Unread 29-05-2012, 12:55 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
not being involved in the charity shield will do us wonders next season.
out of all the trophies already

Unread 29-05-2012, 01:33 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Excluding the fact that most of them were bought prior to his arrival.

Ferreira, Droggles and the Portuguese centre half whose name escapes me were his main 3 (& Thiago)
I wasn't referring to just that line up, seeing the likes of Kezman reminded me how dodgy a lot of his signings in general were.

Kezman, Jarosik, Tiago, Sahar, Del Horno, Pizzaro, Sidwell, Boulahrouz. Awful

And you could argue that most of the important players he had during his time were already there. Lampard, Terry, Robben, Cech, Makelele, Cole. Only decent signings he made were Ashley Cole and Michael Essien imo. Perhaps Ballack too, although he seemed a shadow of the player in Bundesliga.

Unread 29-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Very very odd stuff, supposedly 2 games in china, 2 in south Africa and the friendly in Oslo.

With people resting after Euros and then people away on olympics duty we could well be seeing the ressie/youth teamers involved.

I remember the absolute mess our team was during the 2004 Olympics, we had to go to Chelsea with our biggest axis of evil group all starting(miller, djemba, oshea, brown, fortune, smith, etc)

edit;

Chelsea: Cech, Paulo Ferreira, Gallas, Terry, Bridge, Geremi, Makelele, Lampard, Smertin, Drogba, Gudjohnsen. Subs: Cudicini, Mutu, Kezman, Parker, Ricardo Carvalho.

Man Utd: Howard, Silvestre, Gary Neville, Keane, Fortune, Miller, O'Shea, Djemba-Djemba, Giggs, Scholes, Smith. Subs: Ricardo, Phil Neville, Bellion, Richardson, Forlan.

Referee: G Poll (Hertfordshire)

Are the reserves or youth teams touring? They were supposed to be sending a team down to Witton but it's up in the air now. don't see why they can't still send the kids unless they are away?

Unread 29-05-2012, 01:39 PM
MUFC One Love

Think it was in UWS I read that we haven't announced a tour yet because it will be a shadow squad due to Euros and Olympics so we can't really sell a tour of Asia as the 'first team'. Couple of games in China then possibly a game in Portugal and Spain I think it said. Sure it said we have offers from Barca and Madrid too.

Unread 29-05-2012, 02:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Chelski were still quite lucky to win that game, though

Unread 29-05-2012, 03:18 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Think it was in UWS I read that we haven't announced a tour yet because it will be a shadow squad due to Euros and Olympics so we can't really sell a tour of Asia as the 'first team'. Couple of games in China then possibly a game in Portugal and Spain I think it said. Sure it said we have offers from Barca and Madrid too.

Get our arses handed out to us early in Europe.

Unread 29-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Diego Forlan? Topscorer in a World Cup not good enough to get in ahead of Smith.

Unread 29-05-2012, 05:09 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Diego Forlan? Topscorer in a World Cup not good enough to get in ahead of Smith.
I might be remembering this wrong but I think when he finally did come on, he was shunted out to the wing and Giggs was moved up front to support Smith.

Unread 29-05-2012, 05:10 PM
JakeB

Wasn't this just before Forlan was sold? Tbh I thought he'd gone by then.

Unread 29-05-2012, 06:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Wasn't this just before Forlan was sold? Tbh I thought he'd gone by then.
Yep, it was one of his very last games for us (or was it actually his final one??)
Closed Thread