Unsuccessful, that’s the one.

Unread 08-09-2022, 06:13 PM
Big Norm

Ratcliffe.

Unread 08-09-2022, 06:20 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Probably not a good sign if they can’t manage something as basic as walking.

Unread 08-09-2022, 06:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Probably not a good sign if they can’t manage something as basic as walking.

Unread 08-09-2022, 07:08 PM
armchair

Here's the actual tweet

Unread 08-09-2022, 11:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Terrible article. Actually claims the Glazers bought Ronaldo.

Unread 08-09-2022, 11:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Terrible article. Actually claims the Glazers bought Ronaldo.
I think the they in that context is united.

however, it does say they bought united "by investing just £270m of their own money" and that is absolute %@#$&!s.

Unread 08-09-2022, 11:35 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

however, it does say they bought united "by investing just £270m of their own money" and that is absolute %@#$&!s.
No, they say that during the Glazer ownership we have spent over 1.7 billion on transfers including Ronaldo, Pogba and Di Maria. Wouldn't mind if Ronaldo hadn't "only" been 12.5m, nowhere near our big buys.

Unread 09-09-2022, 07:42 AM
Dasilvatwins

I love how whenever they are mentioned it’s always the last 10 years or something .

Like purposely forgetting the first 7-8 years when they “invested” £#%&! all and only started doing so once moyes arrived.

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:29 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Is buying the original shareholding (30% or whatever) investing? That must have been their own money or at least not the club's.

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:38 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Is buying the original shareholding (30% or whatever) investing? That must have been their own money or at least not the club's.
not one red cent. they borrowed everything.

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:39 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not one red cent. they borrowed everything.
interesting - who funded the original share purchase?

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:55 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
They didn't have any 'money', a few failing shopping malls. They are financial fraudsters, the whole buyout was a con job. How the FA or the financial regulators didn't call this out at the time Utd was a regulated PLC at the time and it simply should not have been allowed to go ahead

Unread 09-09-2022, 09:56 AM
jem

Quote:
debt specific to the acquisition and more general lines of credit. they didn't have any money.

Unread 09-09-2022, 10:05 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
debt specific to the acquisition and more general lines of credit. they didn't have any money.
but they 'borrowed' it ?

Did the money borrowed against the club to buy it then pay them back eg buy their own shares?

Unread 09-09-2022, 10:06 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Maybe do a longer post on this jemima and explain how these crooks got hold of the club.

I still can't believe there wasn't at least a 'referral' at the time, that rat Woodward must have had his hands in a lot of pockets

Unread 09-09-2022, 10:30 AM
jem

Quote:
but they 'borrowed' it ?

Did the money borrowed against the club to buy it then pay them back eg buy their own shares?
if I understand you correctly, then... no. the acquisition debt funded the purchase of the shares they didn't own (because they... um.... already owned the rest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Maybe do a longer post on this jemima and explain how these crooks got hold of the club.

I still can't believe there wasn't at least a 'referral' at the time, that rat Woodward must have had his hands in a lot of pockets
there was a time when I could have done a 5 sec c&p. tbh, I don't think there is any incontrovertible proof of how they financed the initial stake building (as no one was paying attention), but I think commerzbank credit lines.

Unread 09-09-2022, 10:45 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if I understand you correctly, then... no. the acquisition debt funded the purchase of the shares they didn't own (because they... um.... already owned the rest).

there was a time when I could have done a 5 sec c&p. tbh, I don't think there is any incontrovertible proof of how they financed the initial stake building (as no one was paying attention), but I think commerzbank credit lines.
Pretty sure I read at the time was that their only 'assets' were negative equity, money losing shopping malls. The whole deal was a scam and unsurprisingly the financial regulators didn't bat an eyelid.

Unread 09-09-2022, 12:11 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Yeah but did the money borrowed against the club go to pay off the lenders for the original shares?

So did they borrow 100% of the clubs value or 70%?

Unread 09-09-2022, 12:14 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Yeah but did the money borrowed against the club go to pay off the lenders for the original shares?

So did they borrow 100% of the clubs value or 70%?
110% club paid all their fees for everything, the club was stolen.
Closed Thread