United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Robbo’s injury record is pretty decent over the last few years tbf.
stubbed his toe on the bottom stair last week and had to use the downstairs lavatory.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Sorry to piss on your chips but I thought ETH was being left to decide who we offer new deals to? Being injured for 4 weeks doesn’t mean he is gone for good just he has gone on holiday again.
He was never going to sign. Doesn’t matter who the manager is or how well we were doing. Next phase of the money making machine is a free transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
stubbed his toe on the bottom stair last week and had to use the downstairs lavatory.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:20 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Sorry to piss on your chips but I thought ETH was being left to decide who we offer new deals to? Being injured for 4 weeks doesn’t mean he is gone for good just he has gone on holiday again.
Or he has signed a new deal with another club and ralf knows this so when he said he probably won’t ever play again he meant it. He would have made some bs about him being ready for next season if he was staying

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:23 PM
Lok

Was he this shit for Juve? Were we tricked by a couple of Youtube highlights?

It's hard to believe he was so absent for them.

It was so exciting when he signed, it should have been the start of something. He's going to leave on a free without anyone really giving a shit (Marlo aside).

At least we'll always have the announcement video. Probably the best we've ever done.

£150m thrown away for absolutely nothing. We should have got rid at least 2 seasons ago and got half of that back.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:24 PM
Denis Irwell

£#%&! off you spineless weasel.

(not Lok)

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

It was so exciting when he signed, it should have been the start of something. He's going to leave on a free without anyone really giving a shit (Marlo aside).

At least we'll always have the announcement video. Probably the best we've ever done.

£150m thrown away for absolutely nothing. We should have got rid at least 2 seasons ago and got half of that back.
I think in a different less physical slower league he can shine more. That and he had some top quality players around him. He has all the talent just none of the mental application or attitude .

In a league where he can afford to take a few touches or have slightly more time to think and pick a pass . (Or be protected by prime pirlo, bonucci, chiellini)

There’s a player in him, but for a team that’s established. He is a very good luxury player to have .

That being said….he’s one of the shit @#%&!s and I’m glad he’s going

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:41 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I think in a different less physical slower league he can shine more. That and he had some top quality players around him. He has all the talent just none of the mental application or attitude .

In a league where he can afford to take a few touches or have slightly more time to think and pick a pass . (Or be protected by prime pirlo, bonucci, chiellini)

There’s a player in him, but for a team that’s established. He is a very good luxury player to have .

That being said….he’s one of the shit @#%&!s and I’m glad he’s going
There's a lot of truth in this but mainly the last bit.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:43 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

He played in a midfield with Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio. Arguably the 4th most important player in that 4. Came to Utd and was expected to boss the midfield. He used to drift in and out of games even in the academy / reserve sides.

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Jack Duckworth

Shocked at a French man being a spineless coward...

Unread 22-04-2022, 01:58 PM
Parlabane

He always strikes me that because of his size when he was younger he could dominate smaller players without having to put much effort in especially aligned to his undeniable skill and became lazy thinking this would always be the case

Problem is there comes a point when those physical advantages become less apparent and the work rate has to increase to make up for it – He just never grasped this and it is way too late in the day for him to ever change.

He wont be missed and should have bee gone years ago

Unread 22-04-2022, 02:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
He always strikes me that because of his size when he was younger he could dominate smaller players without having to put much effort in especially aligned to his undeniable skill and became lazy thinking this would always be the case

Problem is there comes a point when those physical advantages become less apparent and the work rate has to increase to make up for it – He just never grasped this and it is way too late in the day for him to ever change.

he is still physically dominant. maybe not in a gets-all-over-the-pitch sort of a way, but certainly in a holds-anyone-off sort of a way. his main problem is in his head, though - he is completely unaware of what is going on around him, particularly when the opposition have the ball, but also in terms of when would be a good time to try a little trick. and he is gutless, rather than tireless - which is mental.

Unread 22-04-2022, 02:17 PM
est.1878

He holds them off fine, then spins into trouble and loses it. Fraude totale.

Unread 22-04-2022, 02:18 PM
dunk

Quote:

A lot of truth in this imo.

Unread 22-04-2022, 02:21 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Quite:

In the last 3 seasons he's been "injured" for 454 days, that's 55% of the time (9 month season) where he's off to Dubai or LA to "recover."

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paul...spieler/122153

@#%&!.

Unread 22-04-2022, 02:27 PM
tatty

I have Keown and Shearer levels of disgust towards Pogba.

In fact, it’s worse because I hated those two for the effort and commitment they put in as well as being unpleasant.

Pogba doesn’t have a single redeeming feature that I can see.

Unread 22-04-2022, 02:34 PM
est.1878

We've tried this before and got to about 4. Let's try again. Ten decent games (not just moments within a meh game) he's had for us:

* City comeback (a)
* the youth Cup final v chejsea
*already struggling

Unread 22-04-2022, 02:45 PM
suedeshoes

Leeds at home this season.

Good luck finding a 4th.

Unread 22-04-2022, 03:21 PM
Fat Al

Try & find 3 against good teams. Not shite like Leeds.

Cos I can't think of more than one.

Unread 22-04-2022, 03:24 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he is still physically dominant. maybe not in a gets-all-over-the-pitch sort of a way, but certainly in a holds-anyone-off sort of a way. his main problem is in his head, though - he is completely unaware of what is going on around him, particularly when the opposition have the ball, but also in terms of when would be a good time to try a little trick. and he is gutless, rather than tireless - which is mental.
Correct.

He’s that busy being pleased with himself for holding off an opponent he doesn’t notice the other one coming in to pinch the ball off him.

Short sighted bastard.

Unread 22-04-2022, 03:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Quite:

In the last 3 seasons he's been "injured" for 454 days, that's 55% of the time (9 month season) where he's off to Dubai or LA to "recover."

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/paul...spieler/122153

@#%&!.
Remember when he first £#%&!ed off to Dubai and dunk was convinced he was genuinely injured.