United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Money
Reply
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 09:26 AM
TravellingRed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
Have you noticed how the left of occupy wall street has completely disappeared? And that the disappearance of any criticism of the Wall Street And corporate criminals and gangsters has coincided with the rise of the woke left and itís preoccupation with race and social justice? And have you further noticed how this aligns the woke left with the those very corporations that are so on board with the new agenda?

Itís all so very convenient is all Iím saying.
Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
People wanting to buy a home might disagree slightly.

Hands up whoís never needed to borrow money for anything....

You people are f***ing mad.
Christians? Absolutely they are, although Jesus was Jewish so maybe you are talking about those people.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 09:33 AM
utd99
 
Default

Corporate lending stops on Friday not one blue collar worker in the private sector has a job on Monday. Not one. Evil bastards.

Socialists had their shot in the sixties and seventies. Did well though I have to admit. Those three days a week of electricity were absolute bliss.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 09:44 AM
Carlton
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Not really.
Then youíre not paying attention. But you are stuck in a 1950s Ealing movie politics.

Big capital and multi national corporations are among the biggest proponents of the social justice agenda. The so-called left are now cheerleaders for the corporations and the government as they cancel, deplatform, recruit, and fund their agenda.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 09:45 AM
Mr_Ed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
Quite.

https://youtu.be/eyIfEpNfU2U

Also available in free pdf
6 hours 55 minutes NWAT
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 10:03 AM
TravellingRed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Corporate lending stops on Friday not one blue collar worker in the private sector has a job on Monday. Not one. Evil bastards.

Socialists had their shot in the sixties and seventies. Did well though I have to admit. Those three days a week of electricity were absolute bliss.
Tories were in charge during the three day week. The socialist government of Attlee brought us from economic ruin after the war to prosperity. The 60s under Wilson were equally a time of growth and rising living standards. Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
Then youíre not paying attention.
You're right I'm not. I stopped watching the news and reading papers about a year ago, came to the conclusion politics is a complete waste of time and I have to say ignorance is pure bliss. You should try it, will do your blood pressure a world of good.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 10:26 AM
utd99
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Tories were in charge during the three day week. The socialist government of Attlee brought us from economic ruin after the war to prosperity. The 60s under Wilson were equally a time of growth and rising living standards. Try again.
f*** off.

You make it sound like some secret bit of inside knowledge the rest of us donít know about. We f***ing lived here ya daft c***.

The unions under Jim Callaghan had their knee on the windpipe of this country mate. Hate to break this to you, but the wicked witch would never have seized power without a leg up from you lot.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 10:37 AM
TravellingRed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
f*** off.

You make it sound like some secret bit of inside knowledge the rest of us donít know about. We f***ing lived here ya daft c***.

The unions under Jim Callaghan had their knee on the windpipe of this country mate. Hate to break this to you, but the wicked witch would never have seized power without a leg up from you lot.
Good to hear. Have a nice day.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 10:39 AM
utd99
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Good to hear. Have a nice day.
You too comrade.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 02:03 PM
Carlton
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
You're right I'm not. I stopped watching the news and reading papers about a year ago, came to the conclusion politics is a complete waste of time and I have to say ignorance is pure bliss. You should try it, will do your blood pressure a world of good.
You are absolutely correct.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 04:44 PM
rubbernecker
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
This is why communists have such a sterling reputation in building thriving economies. Everyone not directly operating a spinning jenny is evil.
Oh Dear .We entered the 21st century a while back mate in case you missed it



Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
People wanting to buy a home might disagree slightly.

Hands up whoís never needed to borrow money for anything....

You people are f***ing mad.

I understand perfectly that loans are are key element of building an economy and in no way am I against government loans or personal loans and mortgages given on reasonable terms . Liquidity is vital

What I find disgusting are those loan shark companies preying on those having trouble making ends meet .Companies like Peachy and other shark companies that stepped up since the demise of Wonga.Companies that prey on the pooorest in society .Companies that are charging up to 892 % APR

These companies are not about helping people through a difficult patch they are about trapping people into debt forever on terms that would make a gangster blush .They are sructured and designed to fail so that the company can get their hands on assets like the lenders car etc

To equate this sort of usuary and malpractice with a bank granting a mortgage is imbecilic.

To invest in immoral scams like these and profit from misery makes you a c*** IMO

First result and they seem to have taken over from Peachy .Only 292% APR

https://www.loanpig.co.uk/payday-loa...BoCuXQQAvD_BwE
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 05:07 PM
Gypsum Fantastic
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Oh Dear .We entered the 21st century a while back mate in case you missed it



I understand perfectly that loans are are key element of building an economy and in no way am I against government loans or personal loans and mortgages given on reasonable terms . Liquidity is vital

What I find disgusting are those loan shark companies preying on those having trouble making ends meet .Companies like Peachy and other shark companies that stepped up since the demise of Wonga.Companies that prey on the pooorest in society .Companies that are charging up to 892 % APR

These companies are not about helping people through a difficult patch they are about trapping people into debt forever on terms that would make a gangster blush .They are sructured and designed to fail so that the company can get their hands on assets like the lenders car etc

To equate this sort of usuary and malpractice with a bank granting a mortgage is imbecilic.

To invest in immoral scams like these and profit from misery makes you a c*** IMO

First result and they seem to have taken over from Peachy .Only 292% APR

https://www.loanpig.co.uk/payday-loa...BoCuXQQAvD_BwE
so you're just talking about payday loans then... the thread is about peer2peer lending which is to small business etc but from crowds instead of banks.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Corporate lending stops on Friday not one blue collar worker in the private sector has a job on Monday. Not one. Evil bastards.

Socialists had their shot in the sixties and seventies. Did well though I have to admit. Those three days a week of electricity were absolute bliss.
Early 1970s there wasn't it? You might get a shock to find out who was in office then.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 08:09 PM
TravellingRed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Early 1970s there wasn't it? You might get a shock to find out who was in office then.
There's an echo in here...
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 08:26 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Well, great minds think alike.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 08:28 PM
TravellingRed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, great minds think alike.
But evidently can't read previous posts.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 08:30 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
But evidently can't read previous posts.
I sometimes don't read all the posts in a thread before commenting, dunno why it bothers you so much tbh
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 08:39 PM
armchair
 
Default

Fools seldom differ.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 08:42 PM
TravellingRed
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I sometimes don't read all the posts in a thread before commenting, dunno why it bothers you so much tbh
It doesn't I'm just bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Fools seldom differ.
Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 08:47 PM
armchair
 
Default

I'm totally pro this. I thought the op was about crypto lending initially.
 
Unread 13-02-2021, 08:51 PM
Sapien
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I've never got involved on the basis that if the credit worthiness of the borrower means they can't access mainstream finance then I want more than 6%-12% to compensate me for the risk.

Afaik some p2p platforms used to provide an insurance backstop to cover bad loans but I remember reading that this protection had been lost over the years.

I'd rather get involved in high yield OEIC's/IT's than p2p.

And I don't touch that either.
Not too many asset classes that yield 12% these days.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: peer to peer lending
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lending Mates Money FFS Crumps Money 52 07-09-2012 08:27 PM
If you weren't locked in by debt and/or the system/peer pressure Tumescent Throb Off Topic 22 17-05-2010 02:29 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2023 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.