United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2020, 01:28 PM
dunk

Football Phil Jones, Diogo Dalot & Sanchez

Smalling as good as gone too. That would be a decent start..

Unread 29-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Patty_b

Unread 29-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Baron

Phil Jones playing Wilder's overlapping centre back role would be worth the entry fee alone for them next year. Please make that happen.

Dalot's an interesting one, he should be sent on loan for a season or have some kind of reasonable buy-back clause. Has loads of talent, just seems to be made of biscuits & hasn't really got going.

Let's hope Sanchez £#%&!s off pronto. Massive £#%&!er.

Unread 29-07-2020, 01:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Shame about Dalot, as he looked like he had some potential. Works hard and seems to love being here too.

But if TFM is getting in the side ahead of you, despite not playing for 4 years, then it's not a good sign.

Unread 29-07-2020, 01:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Shame about Dalot, as he looked like he had some potential. Works hard and seems to love being here too.

But if TFM is getting in the side ahead of you, despite not playing for 4 years, then it's not a good sign.
Sure I read that they were unhappy with the shape Dalot returned from lockdown in, stacked on some timber apparently. Not going to help when you’re already injury prone, really.

Can’t see TFM lasting much longer either.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sure I read that they were unhappy with the shape Dalot returned from lockdown in, stacked on some timber apparently. Not going to help when you’re already injury prone, really.

Can’t see TFM lasting much longer either.
Didn't Ole hint at something like that recently? Referenced something like 'learning a lot about players when they're left to take care of themselves'.

And he's right.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:13 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Didn't Ole hint at something like that recently? Referenced something like 'learning a lot about players when they're left to take care of themselves'.

And he's right.
He's only a kid ffs. I'd be pretty depressed if a guy who can't play football was starting ahead of me though.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:27 PM
ScarFace

Dalot should be loaned out not sold.

Maybe Laird is gunna take his place as backup for MongBissaka.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:29 PM
bosskeano

would be a big job by Ole to get Jones, Sanchez, Lingard and Smalling off the wage bill b/c in total you might get 25m in fees for selling them

If Dalot can be sold for a decent price then you sell him otherwise loan him out and give him a year of playing regular football. He just has to figure out if he's a RB or RW b/c right now he doesn't play like either when tasked to do so.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:38 PM
Big Norm

Rumours have been circulating Inter have offered Perisic in a swap for Sanchez.

Haven't seen much of him so wonder if the Bundesliga experts could confirm if he would be a decent squad option.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Rumours have been circulating Inter have offered Perisic in a swap for Sanchez.

Haven't seen much of him so wonder if the Bundesliga experts could confirm if he would be a decent squad option.
I’d imagine that would be a firm ‘get £#%&!ed’ tbh.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:41 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Fair enough. Was only asking.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:42 PM
Cream

Quote:
Wasn't Perisic that winger who Jose wanted?

Is he shit now?

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:44 PM
goldfinger II

Can't see Dalot making it.

He has plenty of gusto going forward but is all over the shop defensively. I don't think he has any idea where to be at any given moment. Either that, or he has no concentration whatsoever.

Says a lot that big Fosu-Mensah got in ahead of him for the last few games.

We'll be doing well to get rid of the 3 of them for transfer fees, I reckon. Getting rid of Sanchez will be a big problem solved.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Wasn't Perisic that winger who Jose wanted?

Is he shit now?
He’s spent the season at Munich and they don’t want him anymore, was mainly a sub there as far as I know, plus he’s 2 years older and was never that good to begin with.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Can't see Dalot making it.

He has plenty of gusto going forward but is all over the shop defensively. I don't think he has any idea where to be at any given moment. Either that, or he has no concentration whatsoever.

Says a lot that big Fosu-Mensah got in ahead of him for the last few games.

We'll be doing well to get rid of the 3 of them for transfer fees, I reckon. Getting rid of Sanchez will be a big problem solved.
The longer Ole is here, it's clear who he trusts and who he doesn't.

The fact he was nowhere near the side when we had issues at both full back areas - and he's supposed to be able to play on either side - is damning.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:48 PM
shenwen

Sell those three and get Ake at a moderate price. That would be a good start.

Then on to the real business

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
The longer Ole is here, it's clear who he trusts and who he doesn't.

The fact he was nowhere near the side when we had issues at both full back areas - and he's supposed to be able to play on either side - is damning.
It’s weird because Ole seemed to like him last season and even played him in midfield IIRC. Must’ve dropped, or not raised, his standards this season.

Unread 29-07-2020, 02:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
It’s weird because Ole seemed to like him last season and even played him in midfield IIRC. Must’ve dropped, or not raised, his standards this season.
Maybe another player given just enough rope to hang themself.

Unread 29-07-2020, 03:00 PM
Coracao

Dalot should be binned. Sellable asset where we have cover and he can't stay fit. He is also useless defensively.

Still feel we lack balance in the squad. Williams whilst adept at LB, should be playing at RB. He has no left foot, which is a massive limitation when your inside forward is always looking to come inside. Given Shaw's fitness record, it is an area we need to address in the next 2 summers. Im hoping Williams or Laird actually get a go at RB in the Europa.
Closed Thread