United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Sparky***

Default That was a great assist from Berbatov yesterday..

A great piece of skill and very clever pass. It's blatantly not a mis-hit shot as some have said.

I'm glad he came on and made a positive impact and that Tevez scored - hopefully this will be the start of more fruitful attacking play.

Unread 27-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Withers

I thought it was a pass, hard to know exactly though.

I suppose it will be what people want it to be.

Unread 27-12-2008, 01:50 PM
The Return of JC

The more I watch it, the more I think he knew what he was doing. His body shape is wrong if he was trying to score.

Besides, his pass out wide to Neville in the first place was superb.

Unread 27-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Elsey

the way he turned his back uninterested at where his mis shot ended up tells you all you need to know.

Unread 27-12-2008, 01:52 PM
thatsfuctit

phenomenal first touch, it was concede a pen, or I am past you.

toppety notch.

Unread 27-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Sparky***

It was not a shot, it was almost a lobbed pass.

Unread 27-12-2008, 02:23 PM
borsuk

i really don't give a shit.

here's to plenty more mishit top-notch scuffed clinical overhit precise disinterested incisive flukey sublime pass shots that win us £#%&!ing matches

Unread 27-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i really don't give a shit.

here's to plenty more mishit top-notch scuffed clinical overhit precise disinterested incisive flukey sublime pass shots that win us £#%&!ing matches

I'll drink to that

Unread 27-12-2008, 02:30 PM
magic_cantona

Agree.

Berbs will shut every £#%&!er up.

Eventually.

Hopefully.

Unread 27-12-2008, 02:38 PM
wiganste

Whatever Berbatov does in a Utd shirt, it won't be good enough for some people.

A lot of Utd fans made their mind up about him the day he signed. He already gets called Dimitar Birtles or Mr Flicks etc, yet some people seem to think the likes of Imbrahimovic would be a hit at our club.

For me, he's a quality player. Hasn't really impressed as much as I had hoped he would but you can see the quality he's got. I think we're in for a very good 2nd half to the season from him. And traditionally, he only gets going in the 2nd half of the season, which is a bit strange really.

For what it's worth, yesterday's goal was down to a great bit of skill & vision, not a mis-hit shot. Like I said, some people have already made up their minds so it doesn't really matter.

Unread 27-12-2008, 02:50 PM
History

The lazy @#%&! couldnt even be arsed too shoot so he passed Get rid Fergie

Unread 27-12-2008, 02:51 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
The lazy @#%&! couldnt even be arsed too shoot so he passed Get rid Fergie
And he didn't sprint about after the goal went in.

Unread 27-12-2008, 02:51 PM
borsuk

if tevez puts in a string of great performances and keeps berbles on the bench i'll be made up. if berbles does the same to tevez i'll be made up. i really don't care who is on form at any one time so long as somebody is and we're playing the way we should and winning.

rooney, ronnie, berbles, tevez = four great forwards. let them all push each other to new heights.

Unread 27-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

accidental hero

Unread 27-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Darth Vidic

Play all of them.

That must have been the original plan when Quieroz was here, surely?

It wouldn't make any sense to deviate from a 4-2-3-1 which is what we'd been building towards for a few seasons now and brought us a domestic & european double, and also to break up the partnership that was a major part of that & marginalise the best player in the world in the process.

Baffling.

Unread 27-12-2008, 05:40 PM
marlo

it was a shit shot. thats all.
a mishit shot that tevez hammered home as he was running in to anticipate the rebound.

i guess you could it an accidental assist if it makes you feel better,or maybe even say the goal was indirectly scored by berbatov.

Unread 27-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

when it comes to scoring vital goals tevez is the man to come up with the goods .
really hope fergie gives him a decent run in the first team now as for berbatov setting it up great first touch but it was a misshit shot that fell for tevez to hammer home

Unread 27-12-2008, 05:52 PM
History

miss hit shot or not, you forget what he did before to even get in that position.

Unread 27-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Crumps

Think it's more of a clever ball played into a dangerous area in terms of it's either going straight in, in off one of theirs or to a United player. His awareness and understanding of the game has really impressed me tbh and I think he's hit it intentionally a "cross come shot" that was going in one way or the other. Did excellently in the build up to it too.

If Zlatan had done that I think a certain someone would have a completely different opinion.

Unread 27-12-2008, 06:02 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

If Zlatan had done that I think a certain someone would have a completely different opinion.
why do people persist with this.
this loose comparisom is quite baffling.
Closed Thread