United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Reply
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:00 PM
Drexl
 
Default Shaving in cold water

Anyone else on it?

I do it about 90% of the time.

I think I first heard the idea in a film (Some Like it Hot?). The character in the film reasoned that shaving in cold water "shocks the blade".

I agree.

It is very refreshing imo
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:04 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Feels like a contrarianís way of shaving.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:05 PM
Drexl
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Feels like a contrarianís way of shaving.
I disagree




etc
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:07 PM
Finport Red
 
Default

Takes too long to fill the bath.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:09 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

I thought the point to hot water was it opens up the pores on your skin a bit so you get the closest shave possible.

Iíll tell you what I did try recently, one of those electric shavers - not clippers/trimmers, itís like three round things that are meant to glide across the face and give you a close shave akin to using a razor. It was f***ing rubbish and felt like I was burning my skin off, whilst somehow struggling to actually get rid of facial hair. Never again.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:15 PM
My Name is Heath
 
Default

you mean like taking an electric shaver into the North Sea?

May try it tbh tbs
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:15 PM
Drexl
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I thought the point to hot water was it opens up the pores on your skin a bit so you get the closest shave possible.

Iíll tell you what I did try recently, one of those electric shavers - not clippers/trimmers, itís like three round things that are meant to glide across the face and give you a close shave akin to using a razor. It was f***ing rubbish and felt like I was burning my skin off, whilst somehow struggling to actually get rid of facial hair. Never again.
Must admit, I've not noticed any difference in the actual shave between hot or cold. I just find cold more refreshing. I also figured cold water would shrink the blade (microscopically) thus it would be sharper, but that could well be

100% agree re electric shavers though.

When I was office bound, I used to wet shave on a monday, then use the electric shaver tue-wed just to touch up (I'm not particularly hairy faced). Using electric on more than a day's growth rips the hell out of your skin
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:17 PM
atticusgrinch
 
Default

Real men grow beards.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:19 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
Must admit, I've not noticed any difference in the actual shave between hot or cold. I just find cold more refreshing. I also figured cold water would shrink the blade (microscopically) thus it would be sharper, but that could well be

100% agree re electric shavers though.

When I was office bound, I used to wet shave on a monday, then use the electric shaver tue-wed just to touch up (I'm not particularly hairy faced). Using electric on more than a day's growth rips the hell out of your skin
Yeah I just assumed they were decent for ďmenĒ who canít grow proper beards. Had tears in my eyes after a minute or two of it. Pity the fool who thinks heíll shave his balls with it.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:22 PM
Drexl
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Yeah I just assumed they were decent for ďmenĒ who canít grow proper beards. Had tears in my eyes after a minute or two of it. Pity the fool who thinks heíll shave his balls with it.
My shaver had a little arm that popped out the back with two sets of moving teeth (a mini-clipper) that I used to trim the Devil's garden... until I nipped my ball bag
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:23 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Real men grow beards.
Winter is beard time. Summer is when you unveil your masculine jaw to the world. Obviously Iím aware some ďmenĒ have to hide their weak chins, and thatís ok, no judgement here.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:51 PM
Poop
 
Default

Electric shavers are strictly for lazy every day use.

I have *this and it shaves very close...



I usually just use my hair clippers set to number one. Hate a clean shave, have to have a bit of stubble.

Hot or cold with a normal razor, makes no difference to me.

*tried it the old plums once. Never again.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:56 PM
windy waffles
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I thought the point to hot water was it opens up the pores on your skin a bit so you get the closest shave possible.

Iíll tell you what I did try recently, one of those electric shavers - not clippers/trimmers, itís like three round things that are meant to glide across the face and give you a close shave akin to using a razor. It was f***ing rubbish and felt like I was burning my skin off, whilst somehow struggling to actually get rid of facial hair. Never again.


I use a beard trimmer for stubble and, yes, you do shave off more skin the hair.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 05:56 PM
Chris Quayd
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Balding men grow beards.
Agreed
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 06:04 PM
ragnorak
 
Default

I have exactly the same one as poop and it is excellent. I am a real man so bearded but it keeps the neck and around the beard lines as it should be

for the more intimate areas, i recommend this bad boy. never had any mishaps

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Norelco-Bodygroom-BG1026-60/dp/B010XIGBUQ/ref=sr_1_27?crid=366LHFSCKYB7U&keywords=mens+groom ing&qid=1663866234&refinements=p_89%3APhilips&rnid =1632651031&s=drugstore&sprefix=mens+grooming%2Cdr ugstore%2C67&sr=1-27
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 06:10 PM
NedKelly
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnorak View Post
I have exactly the same one as poop and it is excellent. I am a real man so bearded but it keeps the neck and around the beard lines as it should be

for the more intimate areas, i recommend this bad boy. never had any mishaps

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Norelco-Bodygroom-BG1026-60/dp/B010XIGBUQ/ref=sr_1_27?crid=366LHFSCKYB7U&keywords=mens+groom ing&qid=1663866234&refinements=p_89%3APhilips&rnid =1632651031&s=drugstore&sprefix=mens+grooming%2Cdr ugstore%2C67&sr=1-27
Personally I like the thrill of using a razor down there. Pure adrenaline.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 06:11 PM
Gypsum Fantastic
 
Default

Probably only ever had 3/4 full shaves since I was 21. Beard trimmers interspersed with beard.

Cold water tho? Are we prepping for war ffs?

Warm water softens the hairs so its easier to shave off.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 06:12 PM
ragnorak
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Personally I like the thrill of using a razor down there. Pure adrenaline.
I will still respect you when the inevitable happens and you become Ms Poop
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 06:13 PM
Poop
 
Default

I also got a bit of skin caught between the teeth of my hair clippers once doing my intimate area'.

The pain, the blood

Stung like buggery for about a week.
 
Unread 22-09-2022, 06:19 PM
ragnorak
 
Default

First time I ever shaved down there as young Rag, I topped off with a generous measure of the old man's old spice.

Apparently, screams were heard several houses away
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Shaving in cold water
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woodward pouring cold water on any transfers Sparky*** Football 13 25-04-2020 06:56 PM
does anyone keep fish (cold water) denis lawless Off Topic 22 21-02-2015 08:58 PM
Cold water pipe frozen ScholesScoresGoals2 Off Topic 28 07-01-2010 07:26 PM
United pour cold water on talk of £62.5m bid for Ribťry fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 06-05-2009 11:40 AM
United pour cold water on talk of £62.5m bid for Ribťry fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 06-05-2009 12:10 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.