United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink
Reply
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 12:17 PM
Mr_Ed
 
Default Spanish Tortilla

What a wonderful invention. Spuds, eggs, onions and whatever else you want to throw in.

Love a bit if Tapas but A Tortilla can adorn a lot of lunch plates and for that reason I started an appreciation thread.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 12:43 PM
Gypsum Fantastic
 
Default

just had some for lunch. makes you think...
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 04:53 PM
believe
 
Default

Bought a tortilla press about two months ago with the intention of having them every day after visiting a Mexican place for my dinner.

Tried to make them with normal corn flour and they were shit, nothing like the ones Iíd had which were so soft. Bought a crate load of masa harina from Amazon and havenít tried to make them since.

Actually had huevos rancheros too for breakfast yesterday but out. If I can crack them Iíd definitely have them three or four times a week
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 04:56 PM
Gypsum Fantastic
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Bought a tortilla press about two months ago with the intention of having them every day after visiting a Mexican place for my dinner.

Tried to make them with normal corn flour and they were shit, nothing like the ones Iíd had which were so soft. Bought a crate load of masa harina from Amazon and havenít tried to make them since.

Actually had huevos rancheros too for breakfast yesterday but out. If I can crack them Iíd definitely have them three or four times a week
spanish ones (tortillas) are omelettes with spuds.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 05:02 PM
believe
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
spanish ones (tortillas) are omelettes with spuds.
Ah right, got excited.
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 05:21 PM
ragnorak
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Bought a tortilla press about two months ago with the intention of having them every day after visiting a Mexican place for my dinner.

Tried to make them with normal corn flour and they were shit, nothing like the ones Iíd had which were so soft. Bought a crate load of masa harina from Amazon and havenít tried to make them since.

Actually had huevos rancheros too for breakfast yesterday but out. If I can crack them Iíd definitely have them three or four times a week
they work well with the masa harina, think they take less time to fry than the pre bought but would need to check with the wife as she is the expert. if you deep fry after making you can have tostada which is cracking also, bit like a crispy open sandwich


on topic love some red pepper in the spanish one
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 05:39 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Actually had huevos rancheros too for breakfast yesterday but out. If I can crack them Iíd definitely have them three or four times a week
 
Unread 05-09-2022, 11:57 PM
rubbernecker
 
Default

Could never get into them even when I lived in Espana.Bereft of flavour.Why the f*** when there's so much better to be had.Its a big Partridge shrug from me
 
Unread 06-09-2022, 02:45 AM
big chief
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Ah right, got excited.
A good trick, when it's cooked underneath is to but it under the grill - the top comes up great & it almost doubles in size
 
Unread 06-09-2022, 04:42 AM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
What a wonderful invention. Spuds, eggs, onions and whatever else you want to throw in.

Love a bit if Tapas but A Tortilla can adorn a lot of lunch plates and for that reason I started an appreciation thread.
Go to meal for one for me. my lad showed me the craic with them when he lived there. Always have a supply of cooked spuds on the ready for them, breakfast, lunch, dinner. Add anything, spice how you like. ten minute top eating.
 
Unread 06-09-2022, 08:15 AM
Finport Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big chief View Post
A good trick, when it's cooked underneath is to but it under the grill - the top comes up great & it almost doubles in size
I wonder what happens if you then put milk on it and bung it in the microwave?
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Spanish Tortilla
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F1 Spanish GP Fat Al Other Sports & Fitness 3 22-05-2022 03:55 PM
spanish gp jem Other Sports & Fitness 4 09-05-2021 09:34 PM
Spanish GP Fat Al Other Sports & Fitness 6 15-05-2016 07:40 PM
chicken and cheese tortilla wraps - top boy style Ginners Food and Drink 14 24-07-2008 05:58 PM
Spanish George Bestial Off Topic 6 28-01-2008 03:29 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Copyright ©2006 - 2022 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.