United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Money

Unread 13-01-2020, 12:26 PM
Cream

Default Stocks shares and investment strategy 2020 edition

The last thread saw a flourish of success with a red hot tip from a certain Jez Quigley, who unfortunately didn't have the readies to invest himself. Hasn't been seen since.

Recent threads:
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...ghlight=stocks

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...ight=investing

Any good shouts?

Unread 13-01-2020, 12:35 PM
waynes ear's

bitcoin

Unread 13-01-2020, 12:35 PM
My Name is Heath

Ha - forgot all about that

Will keep my mince pies open my little chickadee.

Unread 13-01-2020, 01:34 PM
browser

Chip makers look set for a good year STM FP etc

Unread 13-01-2020, 01:36 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Chip makers look set for a good year STM FP etc
I've just bought a McCain shares based on this. Hope you're right.

Unread 13-01-2020, 02:09 PM
Chris Quayd

FX rates and stocks investment threads on a Monday morning, is anyone on here actually working class?

Unread 13-01-2020, 02:16 PM
Ethers

Iíve been told to go big on milk.

Unread 13-01-2020, 02:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
sma?

Unread 13-01-2020, 02:29 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
She's pregnant

Unread 13-01-2020, 02:32 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
sma?

Unread 13-01-2020, 03:06 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I've just bought a McCain shares based on this. Hope you're right.
You think they'll find her? Agree it would boost the shares no end.

Unread 13-01-2020, 05:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Don't fancy Accrington Stanley, clearly.

Unread 13-01-2020, 09:15 PM
tatty

The is little (if any) actionable information available to a private investor that isn't already priced in.

If you're speculating/gambling then by all means roll the dice (with cash you can afford to lose) in some AIM share and see if you get lucky.

If you're investing then keeping your costs down is you primary concern, then your asset allocation according to your risk appetite, then your actual investment vehicle.

For the vast majority a passive global OEIC/ETF with a global bond fund will outperform nearly all active alternatives over the long term (10 years +).

Or just use Vanguards LifeStrategy or similar (L&G MI, HSBC Global Strategy, Blackrock Concensus etc).

Unread 13-01-2020, 09:54 PM
My Name is Heath

was dealing with Blackrock earlier tbf.

Unread 13-01-2020, 10:13 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
The is little (if any) actionable information available to a private investor that isn't already priced in.

If you're speculating/gambling then by all means roll the dice (with cash you can afford to lose) in some AIM share and see if you get lucky.

If you're investing then keeping your costs down is you primary concern, then your asset allocation according to your risk appetite, then your actual investment vehicle.

For the vast majority a passive global OEIC/ETF with a global bond fund will outperform nearly all active alternatives over the long term (10 years +).

Or just use Vanguards LifeStrategy or similar (L&G MI, HSBC Global Strategy, Blackrock Concensus etc).

You cant beat the market consistently over the long term. So buy the market.

Unread 14-01-2020, 12:40 AM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
The last thread saw a flourish of success with a red hot tip from a certain Jez Quigley, who unfortunately didn't have the readies to invest himself. Hasn't been seen since.

Recent threads:
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...ghlight=stocks

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showt...ight=investing

Any good shouts?

IIRC it was a company called Sound Energy he tipped when it was about 15p. I bought a few and baled out when it got to 40p. Watched it rise to over 80p and gave up. Just checked and it's now under 2p.

Unread 14-01-2020, 12:55 AM
Kent Brockman

Pre-tax income into pension will almost always beat post-tax income investments. Especially for those of us who have less time to wait for it than others.

Unread 14-01-2020, 01:07 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

Bring on the feckin punts.

Unread 14-01-2020, 01:44 PM
shenwen

I have shares in one company only and it went up 30% over the past few days. Question is do I cash in or wait? I bought it two years ago and itís been pretty up and down but right now about 60% up from what I put in. Itís a Chinese tech company so probably not a long term punt. Plus Iím skint and could do with the cash money.

Unread 14-01-2020, 01:48 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I have shares in one company only and it went up 30% over the past few days. Question is do I cash in or wait? I bought it two years ago and itís been pretty up and down but right now about 60% up from what I put in. Itís a Chinese tech company so probably not a long term punt. Plus Iím skint and could do with the cash money.
cash out. Take the money