United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:41 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Take Ferdinand out of the team and you'll soon see how much we need him.
100% correct.

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
100% correct.

Thanking you.

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Take Ferdinand out of the team and you'll soon see how much we need him.
Or replace him with a player who plays his size, has a set of %@#$&!s and can head a ball and maybe we'll see what we've been missing.

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:46 PM
puressence

what have we won with that @#%&!

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Or replace him with a player who plays his size, has a set of %@#$&!s and can head a ball and maybe we'll see what we've been missing.
Who do you suggest then??
Who is this faultless, error free centre-half who has the full package??

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:47 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
What did we win with Ruud?

- "Flogged to death"

- "Shit midfield infront of him"

Same applies.

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Who do you suggest then??
Who is this faultless, error free centre-half who has the full package??
I'm sorry, you are gonna have to point out where I said anyone was faultless or error free?

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:52 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Well, this is what his 5th season at the Club?
In that time we've won a league title & both domestic Cups.
A pretty average return by our standards & expectations, but hardly the fault of Ferdinand.

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Terrible argument.

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
For example?

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I'm sorry, you are gonna have to point out where I said anyone was faultless or error free?
Your critisism of Ferdinand seems to be his lack of 'balls' & 'Kevin Moran style braveness in the air'...well I'd suggest that if Ferdinand had those attributes he'd be the finest centre half in football history.
The perfect centre half.
Therefore, to get anyone better than Ferdinand would be a search for perfection.

I'd say that Vidic has qualities that Rio hasn't got & vice-versa. ie; a great partnership.

Remember Brown & Vidic together a couple of times last season?!
Both going for the same ball, giving away free kicks galore, overly aggressive, no composure, defending too deep etc..

Unread 25-01-2007, 01:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Terrible argument.
Probably not the best argument. What I don't think can be doubted is that in 5 years Rio has not improved significantly and hasn't used any experience gained to provide steel or leadership at the heart of our defence. Tbh I think he's been unreliable and inconsistant this season and hads dissapointed a great deal considering how long he's been at the club. It also cannot be argument that for a 6' 3" centre back he's woeful both in the air and physically in general.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
For example?
I've already named the player.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Torquemada

Quote:
Who let you on here chief?
Guv did, son.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
Guv did, son.
Don't son me, fella.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Probably not the best argument. What I don't think can be doubted is that in 5 years Rio has not improved significantly and hasn't used any experience gained to provide steel or leadership at the heart of our defence. Tbh I think he's been unreliable and inconsistant this season and hads dissapointed a great deal considering how long he's been at the club. It also cannot be argument that for a 6' 3" centre back he's woeful both in the air and physically in general.

What makes you think he has been inconsistent?

Physically he is very strong. I can't think of many occasions he has been muscled off the ball. Jason Roberts (someone whose game is based on strength and backing into the defender) said he was the strongest defender he has came up against.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
What makes you think he has been inconsistent?

Physically he is very strong. I can't think of many occasions he has been muscled off the ball. Jason Roberts (someone whose game is based on strength and backing into the defender) said he was the strongest defender he has came up against.
Watching him play has made me think he's been inconsistent. He's been out-muscled plenty of times this year and his arial ability is pathetic.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I've already named the player.
Evans?

Don't talk stupid. Outstanding prospect but some way short of first team standard yet. Will most likely be used more as full back after his loan spell terminates before moving to centre half.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Luffy

um....Rio is our best defender - FACT. I dont give a £#%&! how highly you rate Vidic, Evans or Brown, Rio is the guy who singlehandedly transformed us from laughing stock (literally) to top class defence and he still holds that status.

Vidic is a useful stopgap when Rio is out, but Rio is one of the most important members of our squad and can play at the top for another 5 years probably. Dont underestimate how important that one central defender can be both no the pitch and in the dressing room - have you not learned from Terry's injury?

Also not worth disrupting the good spirit in the dresing room right now. He's not popular with mancs, but he is a decent guy and a great player.

Unread 25-01-2007, 02:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Evans?

Don't talk stupid. Outstanding prospect but some way short of first team standard yet. Will most likely be used more as full back after his loan spell terminates before moving to centre half.
You can't win anything with kids?
Closed Thread