United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Pete's Shoes

Default Re: United supporters at Old Trafford - Result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
I'll say it again -
United Supporters at OT on Sunday were outperformed by Leeds United Supporters by a mile in supporting their team. nft

Us true Stretty Enders would put you to shame. Current supporters are a bunch of big girls blouses. Get some time in ffs.
What era are you talking here?

Unread 04-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
what?
I said Happy New Year.

Unread 04-01-2010, 10:57 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I said Happy New Year.
Chopper

Unread 04-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
What era are you talking here?
From Duncan Edwards First League Goal against Blackpool till 1989? continuous then sporadic after that due to travel commitments. Why?

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
From Duncan Edwards First League Goal against Blackpool till 1989? continuous then sporadic after that due to travel commitments. Why?
just wondered. the atmosphere is never going to be like that again though, we all know that. I was lucky enough to catch some of the 70s and then the 80s of course it pisses all over today's match going experience. It was Leeds biggest game for a good few years, added to increased allocation for them. Was always going to be like that

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:11 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
I'll say it again -
United Supporters at OT on Sunday were outperformed by Leeds United Supporters by a mile in supporting their team. nft
Leeds supporters watched their team massively overperform, and lead for most of the match against their biggest rivals. In such a situation, 10 times out of 10 you'll get a considerable difference in vocal support.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Whip Hubley

you can't really criticise unless you were there, surely?

As it happens we were shite. First half was alright, second half was rubbish. Mirrored the performance on the pitch for the most part.

But what do you expect? The amount of spares floating around yesterday speaks volumes about the average home supporter these days.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
red @rmy

Wednesday > Sunday

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
The amount of spares floating around yesterday speaks volumes about the average home supporter these days.
That they cant afford the bloated prices charged by the rip off @#%&!s in charge of the club?

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
That they cant afford the bloated prices charged by the rip off @#%&!s in charge of the club?
No my point being that the average ST holder couldn't really see the importance of the game because they haven't a clue. Yesterday was one of the few games I stretched the wallet for because it was important. (the usual suspects as the others)

I'm certainly NOT having a go at those who can't afford.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:24 AM
waynes ear's

i know you arent

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
i know you arent
went for a pint with stan and his brother after the game yesterday, you still speak to him?

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:29 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
went for a pint with stan and his brother after the game yesterday, you still speak to him?
Nope

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Gog Coch

Current itv newsletter -

Watch Man United's FA Cup humiliation

See Manchester United knocked out

Watch the action from Old Trafford as Manchester United are dumped out of the FA Cup by Leeds

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:50 AM
waynes ear's

£#%&! them anyway

Plus they'll need the money from the dvd sales, the sheep£#%&!ging turk dodging @#%&!s

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:53 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Current itv newsletter -

Watch Man United's FA Cup humiliation

See Manchester United knocked out

Watch the action from Old Trafford as Manchester United are dumped out of the FA Cup by Leeds
My goodness, they're using nouns! To describe a Utd game! Blatant ABUism if ever I saw it.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:55 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Wednesday > Sunday
A bigger defeat?

Unread 04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Wow - Away supporters in "make more noise than home supporters" shocker.

Bit like every United away game I've been to for £#%&!ing yonks.

Unread 04-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Wow - Away supporters in "make more noise than home supporters" shocker.

Bit like every United away game I've been to for £#%&!ing yonks.
it's more the despair that if you can't get the home crowd going for a game against the sheep£#%&!gers, when can you

Unread 04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
it's more the despair that if you can't get the home crowd going for a game against the sheep£#%&!gers, when can you
If you can't get your own fans going for a home game against Manchester United then when can you?

It's the same everywhere FFS - all seater stadiums, normal punters priced out and an emphasis on exec suites and family stands etc has killed most home atmospheres.

We 're worse off as we've gone from 40,000 plus to 75,000 plus in a few years and becuse of our success have attracted nearly an extra stadium's worth new well heeled, spoilt £#%&!ers.

Plus, to put the top hat on things, the Gog #@&%! "No £#%&!ing Prisoners Boyo" Pensioner's Welsh Choir from Llandudno have just given up.
Closed Thread