Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Billy Baroo

Default my morning paper said nani was excellent last night

i stepped back in amzement

Unread 30-04-2008, 11:02 AM
My Name is Keith

Could have quite happily walked on the pitch and booted his head in when he tried an audacious flick towards the end rather than getting his foot on the ball and keeping possession.

We were hanging onto a slender 1 - 0 lead against one of the best teams in the world.

And "Word up" Nani was playing fancy tricks like we were 3 - 0 up against £#%&!ing Fulham.

Unread 30-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Could have quite happily walked on the pitch and booted his head in when he tried an audacious flick towards the end rather than getting his foot on the ball and keeping possession.

We were hanging onto a slender 1 - 0 lead against one of the best teams in the world.

And "Word up" Nani was playing fancy tricks like we were 3 - 0 up against £#%&!ing Fulham.
after he tried a few things and they didn't come off i thought he looked well sort of confidence

made some really poor decisions that put us under pressure

before he got taken off he looked like he dare not try to beat his man or pass forward

Unread 30-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Whalefish

I thought he showed good intent at times and always seemed to be an outlet if need be. He's still a bit raw (a la Ronaldo when he came) and very frustrating at times. However, I honestly think he'll be £#%&!ing brilliant in a few seasons.

I didn't think that early doors but over the season he's changed my mind.

Still think another winger would be useful though. Giggs brief cameo was bloody awful. Age really looks to have caught up with him this season.

Unread 30-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Tiberian

Nani is a strange one. These last 2 games he has struggled with his decision making and final ball. He had that great run last night when he went 70 yards with the ball, beat 2/3 men and then blazed a good chance miles over.

He is a threat with ball at feet, always need another option with that style of play.

With Ronaldo marooned up front he was our counter attacking option.

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
i stepped back in amzement
You're right to step back in amazement.. he was an absolute pile of shite.. every time he got the ball I said to myself now where's this going ? ..needlessly to say one of their £#%&!ing players...AGAIN To a certain extent I agree with Whalefish.. the lad's undoubtedly talented but unfortunately he doesn't possess a football brain... and yes he's only 19, but Champions League Semi's are not the arena for him to be gaining experience at our expense.. Felt relief when I saw him going off and Fletcher going on..

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:16 PM
marlo stansfield

nani had a good game. he was amazing.

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
You're right to step back in amazement.. he was an absolute pile of shite.. every time he got the ball I said to myself now where's this going ? ..needlessly to say one of their £#%&!ing players...AGAIN To a certain extent I agree with Whalefish.. the lad's undoubtedly talented but unfortunately he doesn't possess a football brain... and yes he's only 19, but Champions League Semi's are not the arena for him to be gaining experience at our expense.. Felt relief when I saw him going off and Fletcher going on..
as did i

what is the world coming to?

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
nani had a good game. he was amazing.
based on the 30 mins of him you saw where he continuously gave the ball away?

mans gone blind

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:20 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
based on the 30 mins of him you saw where he continuously gave the ball away?

mans gone blind
he was busy, industrious, chased the ball down and ran with it.

if you are painting a room, you make sure you coat all of walls them the same.

the wall in question -

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
he was busy, industrious, chased the ball down and ran with it.

if you are painting a room, you make sure you coat all of them the same.
he was £#%&!ing shite

most of the 70,000 paying reds seemed to think so too

but then we watched the whole game in the ground

not 45mins on telly which of course gives a much better picture of the whole game

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Firswood Red

Nani was United's poorest player last night, he gave the ball away way to much.

He's just very inconsistent at the moment, which is to be expected. The injury he picked up against the vermin has set him back, not rediscovered his from since.

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:28 PM
marlo stansfield

it was a good performance from the team.
its not good to single out players when everyone worked their socks off and we got a good result.

but then again maybe people just adopt that principle when park has a poor game.

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
its not good to single out players when everyone worked their socks off and we got a good result.

but then again maybe people just adopt that principle when park has a poor game.
if someone is poor they are poor

park was chasing shadows in Nou Camp, last night he was excellent

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

From watching the whole game via a television I understood that Nani was wasteful but a useful outlet to carry the ball upfield. He was replaced by Giggs, who was probably as wasteful or more.

Park was excellent for his standards as a worker in most parts. To say otherwise is a lie.

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:36 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
if someone is poor they are poor

park was chasing shadows in Nou Camp, last night he was excellent
to say park was excellent and nani was poor in an insult to nani. a big one.

so the best thing to say is say the "team" did well.

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Fountz

Quote:

However, when someone is stating something that is plain wrong ie "Nani was excellent last night" hence the thread title.. do we bury our heads in the sand or do we say, actually he wasn't, he was shit..

Tevez, Ferdinand and Brown were superb.. Scholes, Evra and VDS were very good.. the rest were good bar Nani and Giggs ( an older version of Nani at the moment ) who were £#%&!in' Bobbins..

..however, if the circumstances were different, it was 1-1 with 15 minutes to go and we were chasing a goal, and our choice of subs were between Nani and Fletcher, I'd pick Nani every time..

Horses for courses my friend, and time and place etc etc...

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:39 PM
MUFC One Love

Vio, you say something about others saying someone has played bad yet continue to go on about Park.

Park was far better than Nani last night.

Nani is a talented player but like all young players he is frustrating. He's gonna be a great player in a few years if he keeps his head down, sometimes he gives off the impression he's 'made it' imo, trying to be to clever as if he is a big player already. He just needs to realise he is young and will be developed, if he does this he'll be immense.

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
to say park was excellent and nani was poor in an insult to nani. a big one.

so the best thing to say is say the "team" did well.
an insult to nani?

its the truth

i was shitting it when i saw park on the team sheet, particularly after going to barcelona last week and seeing him struggle. but fair £#%&!s he put in a fine performance last night on and off the ball. nani did not, its pretty simple

Unread 30-04-2008, 12:43 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
However, when someone is stating something that is plain wrong ie "Nani was excellent last night" hence the thread title.. do we bury our heads in the sand or do we say, actually he wasn't, he was shit..
irony at its best.

im not a united supporter for calling players shit when they indeed played shit.

maybe nani could use the "he just come back from injury card like some have used"

but then again i think its wrong calling a young player , playing in his first game of such magnitude ,shit, despite him putting in a good shift on the wing and almost scoring in a excellent run at the barca defence....
Closed Thread