United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Billy Baroo

Default without vidic

anybody notice that we seemed to defend corners zonally?

has the tactic before been purely to expect vidic to attack any cross and the rest to just sweep up?

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:32 AM
elephantstone

Vidic attacks the crosses where as Rio sits and sweeps up, I thought ferdinand had become lazy but this seems to be tha tatic and it works well......when Vidic is there

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Argentina

Vidic puts Ferdinand to shame at attacking corners.
Even Pique won a header from the corner that led to Ferdinand's goal.

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Billy Baroo

their goal was offside

i was right in line and their attacker is right in front of vds when agbonlahor heads it

foul on keper in the build up too

no mention of it ANYWHERE

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Belstaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
their goal was offside

i was right in line and their attacker is right in front of vds when agbonlahor heads it

foul on keper in the build up too

no mention of it ANYWHERE

It wasnt offside Bill. You mustve been stood near me. If there was a case for owt it was for obstruction but it was never gonna be given and with the pace Villa moved it about in the first 20 min Im surprised any official could keep up with em. If Villa had a clinical goalscorer they'd be a good side. Havin said that though even when we was a goal down we always looked like we'd win.
Pique gets better with every game and Scholes and Giggs played like it was 5-a-side.

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:53 AM
puressence

Denis Irwin Mentioned It On Setanta At Ht As Did Mcmcmcmcmcmamamamammamamammamn ..

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belstaff
It wasnt offside Bill. You mustve been stood near me. If there was a case for owt it was for obstruction but it was never gonna be given and with the pace Villa moved it about in the first 20 min Im surprised any official could keep up with em. If Villa had a clinical goalscorer they'd be a good side. Havin said that though even when we was a goal down we always looked like we'd win.
Pique gets better with every game and Scholes and Giggs played like it was 5-a-side.
it definitely was

he came out of the goal and wandered in front of vds as it was headed and even jumped

100% interfering with play

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:55 AM
notrightnow

Ronaldo tends to be the other floating player, out by the penalty spot, when we're defending corners. It's when you notice how few tall blokes we've got in the team.

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:57 AM
notrightnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
it definitely was

he came out of the goal and wandered in front of vds as it was headed and even jumped

100% interfering with play
Didn't see much complaining from our lot - too embarassed probably. Surely not too well behaved!

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:58 AM
MUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrightnow
Ronaldo tends to be the other floating player, out by the penalty spot, when we're defending corners. It's when you notice how few tall blokes we've got in the team.
I know it was a like a panto on Saturday night - Snow White and the 7 Dwarves!!

Unread 22-10-2007, 10:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Their other striker was offside, right in VDS line of sight for their goal.

Unread 22-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Belstaff

Would've been very harsh to disallow it for that. He was interferring with play but he was in play and looked level at least when the ball was put in. He came from an offside position but he looked on to me. I was a bit stoned though and I havnt seen it on telly.

Unread 22-10-2007, 11:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belstaff
Would've been very harsh to disallow it for that. He was interferring with play but he was in play and looked level at least when the ball was put in. He came from an offside position but he looked on to me. I was a bit stoned though and I havnt seen it on telly.
He was offside and directly in VDS line of sight. VDS wouldn't have saved it either way though.

Unread 22-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Manchester

Ok, so don't take into account an offside or obstruction. How about Moore fouling VDS by knocking him into our goal, for VDS to get up and back to his goal line, only for Moore to still be stood in front of him as Abongalore or whatever he's called to head it in.

Surely it was a foul on the keeper before the ball was even knocked into the box???

Unread 22-10-2007, 11:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Ok, so don't take into account an offside or obstruction. How about Moore fouling VDS by knocking him into our goal, for VDS to get up and back to his goal line, only for Moore to still be stood in front of him as Abongalore or whatever he's called to head it in.

Surely it was a foul on the keeper before the ball was even knocked into the box???
A fair point.

What game was O' Neill watching when he said they were getting back into it by the way?

Unread 22-10-2007, 11:26 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
A fair point.

What game was O' Neill watching when he said they were getting back into it by the way?
Scunthorpe v leicester

Unread 22-10-2007, 11:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

I quite like Pique, rather classy player and should be good in the air given his massive proportions. Not sure I've seemmany players with a more ungainly running style though.

Unread 22-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Belstaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I quite like Pique, rather classy player and should be good in the air given his massive proportions. Not sure I've seemmany players with a more ungainly running style though.
He reminds me of Pallister. Runs like he cant move his hips.

Unread 22-10-2007, 11:41 AM
elephantstone

he seems to give plenty of verbals as well

Unread 22-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Manchester

Thought Pique and Rio worked well together and seemed to understand each others games.

There was a moment in the first half where Villa broke down the right wing and Pique was trying to chase him, Rio moved across as he could see Pique would not have caught the lad. Then Pique went to the centre to cover Rio's position. Basic as it may seem, it was good to see two centre backs working together and doing the simple things well.

Also Pique's positioning when Abongalore went round VDS, he was nicely positioned to protect the goal, and just knocked it out for a corner
Closed Thread