United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Billy Baroo

Default i hope the world and his dog sticking the boot into us...

...gets that siege mentality back

we're better with a point to prove and every @#%&! against us

Unread 23-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Fountz

Thumbs up

You're so right Billy

"Billy Billy Billy Billy"

Unread 24-03-2009, 01:53 PM
MJ Ramone

If the players feel half as wound up & £#%&!ed off as I do they'll put 10 past Villa a week on Sunday.
Unfortunately it's Internationals this week so they'll all be chumming up to their £#%&!ing rivals & taking their eye off the ball.

IF we go on to win Title no.18 this year I'll remember this week & £#%&!ing smile. It's weeks like this that make those trophies taste that much sweeter (metaphorically speaking. I don't eat trophies) in May.
The Press are having a field day. It's beyond their wildest dreams.
The opportunity to slag off Fergie, Wazza & Ronaldo in particular is one they have been itching for all season.

It's a horrible positiion to be in now though. All the games suddenly look that much harder...every one of them a potential banana skin.
All opponents given a lift against us because of our recent form..conversely all Liverpool's opponents will be scared shitless & beaten before they even take the field.
We've done unforgivable damage to our Title hopes these past 10 days

£#%&!ing nightmare

Unread 24-03-2009, 01:59 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
You're so right Billy

"Billy Billy Billy Billy"
tune

Unread 24-03-2009, 02:16 PM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
...gets that siege mentality back

we're better with a point to prove and every @#%&! against us
Is that true of THIS side though? Yes you can say that about the '94 side and the '99 side, but this side had pretty much trail-blazed its way without too much OTT media hype or serious competition, so not faced this level scouse-giddified bullshit!

SAF is the key. He is the one that has to engender the us vs them mentality. Just hope the likes of Nani, Berba, Anderson, Ronaldo & co give a shit!

Unread 24-03-2009, 02:28 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
Nani, Anderson
will they £#%&!

Unread 24-03-2009, 02:32 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

SAF is the key. He is the one that has to engender the us vs them mentality. Just hope the likes of Nani, Berba, Anderson, Ronaldo & co give a shit!
he's always said pre season that he looks into the player's eyes to see if the desire is still there, if the desire and fight to at least attempt to finish the season isn't there, there could be a few high profile binnings in the summer.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Mr_Ed

Billy Billy
you're my mate
Tea's at five
So don't be late

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:21 PM
m14red

Quote:
players look divided. ronaldo looks as much of a one-man band as he ever has and at the minute he's obviously not playing much of a tune, or whatever the end of that analogy is. you look around the pitch and £#%&! knows who's going to pull them together.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:34 PM
borsuk

what a difference putting six past villa would make.

we need to make a statement, i feel.

i have every faith in them. the second half display against fulham was a display by a seriously £#%&!ed off team. that kind of passion has been lacking tbh and it may be that wayne's red card kicks us into life again.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
what a difference putting six past villa would make.

we need to make a statement, i feel.

i have every faith in them. the second half display against fulham was a display by a seriously £#%&!ed off team. that kind of passion has been lacking tbh and it may be that wayne's red card kicks us into life again.
Where will the passion come from without Wayne though?

The back 4 & keeper will be relatively unchanged (maybe Nev or Rafael back at RB)
But what's your midfield & strike force.
Without Rooney we miss a lot in terms of tempo, movement, attitude etc..

It'll probably be -

Park
Carrick
Giggs
Ronaldo

Tevez
Berbatov

or if Berbatov is out -

Park
Carrick
Fletcher
Ronaldo

Giggs
Tevez

Either way, there's just something 'missing' at the minute.
We need a reasonalbly early 2 goal lead to get the confidence back, but I think it'll be a really tight game.
Villa will be the complete opposite of what they were at Anfield

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Barracuda

Like Ramone says, if the players are feeling like us they should go at Villa like men possessed - and I fully expect them to.

One thing is for sure though, if they don't respond after a dreadful vermin game, a horrific showing at Fulham, 2 blasts of the hairdryer from SAF, and all the shit the ABU nation has been slinging at them ... then nothing will fire them up.

We're going to see what they're made of, this is when we find out who the real United players are.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:54 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
If the players feel half as wound up & £#%&!ed off as I do they'll put 10 past Villa a week on Sunday.
Unfortunately it's Internationals this week so they'll all be chumming up to their £#%&!ing rivals & taking their eye off the ball.

IF we go on to win Title no.18 this year I'll remember this week & £#%&!ing smile. It's weeks like this that make those trophies taste that much sweeter (metaphorically speaking. I don't eat trophies) in May.
The Press are having a field day. It's beyond their wildest dreams.
The opportunity to slag off Fergie, Wazza & Ronaldo in particular is one they have been itching for all season.

It's a horrible positiion to be in now though. All the games suddenly look that much harder...every one of them a potential banana skin.
All opponents given a lift against us because of our recent form..conversely all Liverpool's opponents will be scared shitless & beaten before they even take the field.
We've done unforgivable damage to our Title hopes these past 10 days
£#%&!ing nightmare
I'd say being top is the best position to be in.

I'd forgive them if they win the league. Which they will.

Unread 24-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Charlestown Rouge

For what it's worth I had to have a telephone conversation with a Dipper this lunchtime - he immediately says "Alright. What's it like to blow a 7 point lead then?"

I said "No idea. You tell me you @#%&!".

I was relatively pleased with myself.

Unread 24-03-2009, 04:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I'd say being top is the best position to be in
I didn't mean the League position, I meant surrendering a very healthy lead & losing all our confidence & form just in time for the Run-in.
The League position is still good (although we'll be second by the next time we kick a ball) ..but momentum & confidence is the only thing that counts here on in & we haven't got either.

Unread 24-03-2009, 04:03 PM
The Return of JC

I think we're over analysing. The press are having a field day, but so are we. The Liverpool game was somewhat of a freak result. They were the better side, but 4-1 better? No.

The first half at Fulham was terrible, yes. But second half we played really well and did everything but score. Can't really fault them too much in that department. We've only really played 1 particularly alarming half of football amidst this supposed crisis that has turned the title race (sh'yeah right).

Some players need a kick up the arse: Ronaldo and Berbatov in particular, but you could have argued that at any point in the season. The defence is the concern. but it's a defence that plays well more often than it doesn't so I'm assuming that it's 6 goals in two games that is the anomoly, not 12 straight clean sheets.

We're in a great position, but we've lost our cushion. But did anyone think we'd do it the easy way? When have we ever done that? We're still strong favourites and Liverpool can't afford to drop a single point between now and May. And I'll be £#%&!in' amazed if they manage that. But more importantly, we have a wealth of talent and experience to call upon and we very rarely don't respond in these situations. I'm confident we will.

Unread 24-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
For what it's worth I had to have a telephone conversation with a Dipper this lunchtime - he immediately says "Alright. What's it like to blow a 7 point lead then?"

you should be

Unread 24-03-2009, 04:05 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I didn't mean the League position, I meant surrendering a very healthy lead & losing all our confidence & form just in time for the Run-in.
The League position is still good (although we'll be second by the next time we kick a ball) ..but momentum & confidence is the only thing that counts here on in & we haven't got either.

Not right now, but they can shift in the space of a game. Look at us ten days ago.
It shifts ver quickly and we're experienced and talented enough to shift it back our way.

And it's not the only thing that counts. That's an exagerration. It's important, but not the only factor. Talent, points and experience count for far more and we've got more of that than Liverpool.

We will win the league this season. I promise, MJ. Aw, c'mere....

Unread 24-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

good lad. i've had 3 £#%&!ing 'football' fans come out to me as dippers this week.

deary me.

Unread 24-03-2009, 04:17 PM
dodger

Quote:
Where will the passion come from without Wayne though?
We had a big enough dose of that at Fulham.
Closed Thread