United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-09-2020, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

I don't rate him much at all, but Lindelof hardly ever looks this bad when he is playing for Sweden.

Now why might that be?

(don't say its because most international sides are worse than Crystal Palace, because I very much doubt that is true)

Unread 19-09-2020, 11:32 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I don't rate him much at all, but Lindelof hardly ever looks this bad when he is playing for Sweden.

Now why might that be?

(don't say its because most international sides are worse than Crystal Palace, because I very much doubt that is true)
Are you suggesting that the team is badly coached?

I agree. But we’ve got 99 problems.

Unread 19-09-2020, 11:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Are you suggesting that the team is badly coached?

I agree. But we’ve got 99 problems.
It’s better coached than at any time in the past 8 years.

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:08 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We were pretty disciplined under Van Gaal.

Statistically we’ve improved in defence under Ole but we looked all over the place today. It started with the line-up.

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:22 AM
Jack Duckworth

too many players who aren't good enough.

the penalty decision was a joke, but the retake decision was even worse. i'm sure ddg moved off his line more for the retake?

in summary, £#%&! off.

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:22 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
We had the best defensive record in the league under van Gaal

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:26 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:37 AM
utd99

I’m so tired of all the bullshit excuses. Players shattered; schedules; shallow squad; rebuild, blah, blah, £#%&!ing blah.....

Good teams play well, it’s why they’re labelled ‘good’, same with players. So tired of being told so and so is great then watching them play shit every £#%&!ing week. We can’t just say it enough times and make them into what we want - they either are or aren’t.

Well coached teams look well coached. Fit teams don’t need to bang on every week about schedules, exhaustion and the advantages other teams have. If the squad’s not deep enough whose fault is that? Who bought them? Who persevered with them when it was clear to anyone with eyes that they weren’t £#%&!ing good enough years ago? Why were they green lit for extensions, making them unshiftable, when they should have been binned?

These are not just unlucky phenomena that happen to our management, these are decisions made in the name of the club. Awful £#%&!ing decisions after awful £#%&!ing decisions. Who carries the can?

Ole’s not in the honeymoon period any longer I’m afraid. He’s had enough time to recruit players, develop a system, address their mentality and affect their fitness. He needs to do better and his team needs to do better. It’s one game, but it’s not really; we saw this coming last season and in the EL - we were £#%&!ing shite if we’re being honest. Others have improved. 3rd could easily become 8th if we don’t step up.

Tired of it.

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:44 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we're hurting, but... to be fair... jammy is right.
If only you were this honest on the political threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
We were pretty disciplined under Van Gaal.

Statistically we’ve improved in defence under Ole but we looked all over the place today. It started with the line-up.
1 chance created every 10 games was well coached?

It started with the fixture schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
We had the best defensive record in the league under van Gaal
Because we passed it along the back 4 for 90 mins every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Who did better? Moyes, Van gaal, mourinho?

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:48 AM
utd99

If van Gaal was still our manager this forum would have about five regular users by now. Everyone else would have concluded that life’s too £#%&!ing short.

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:50 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m so tired of all the bullshit excuses. Players shattered; schedules; shallow squad; rebuild, blah, blah, f***ing blah.....

Good teams play well, it’s why they’re labelled ‘good’, same with players. So tired of being told so and so is great then watching them play shit every f***ing week. We can’t just say it enough times and make them into what we want - they either are or aren’t.

Well coached teams look well coached. Fit teams don’t need to bang on every week about schedules, exhaustion and the advantages other teams have. If the squad’s not deep enough whose fault is that? Who bought them? Who persevered with them when it was clear to anyone with eyes that they weren’t f***ing good enough years ago? Why were they green lit for extensions, making them unshiftable, when they should have been binned?

These are not just unlucky phenomena that happen to our management, these are decisions made in the name of the club. Awful f***ing decisions after awful f***ing decisions. Who carries the can?

Ole’s not in the honeymoon period any longer I’m afraid. He’s had enough time to recruit players, develop a system, address their mentality and affect their fitness. He needs to do better and his team needs to do better. It’s one game, but it’s not really; we saw this coming last season and in the EL - we were f***ing shite if we’re being honest. Others have improved. 3rd could easily become 8th if we don’t step up.

Tired of it.
£#%&!tard.

Unread 20-09-2020, 12:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Who did better? Moyes, Van gaal, mourinho?
The guy who won 2 trophies and finished 2nd in two years.

Goodnight.

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:43 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Goodnight.
Night

Unread 20-09-2020, 01:45 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Night

Quote:
Every single forward on that pitch today was absolutely £#%&!ing woeful. They all look like they wandered in from their holidays 20 mins before kick.

We are an utter laughing stock
This kills tbh.

All the abus will be £#%&!ing delighted with that given we were showing signs of being on the rise end of last season. Makes you sick.

Unread 20-09-2020, 07:30 AM
MUFC One Love

I wouldn't say we are a laughing stock. They said that last season and we finished 3rd and got to 3 semis.

The team were clearly not ready yesterday and looked flat and not fit/sharp enough.

They need to get fit quick. I think they will sign a player or 2 now after yesterday but they shouldn't be doing it because of results. It's not good enough once again from the club in the market.

Unread 20-09-2020, 07:40 AM
Stickman

There’s no way we’ll ever hire a DOF as whoever the £#%&! is in charge of our transfers won’t want to hear it.

You can’t even imagine the shit that would be chatted in the top suits meetings at United. The Football team certainly wouldn’t be high priority.

Unread 20-09-2020, 07:49 AM
jem

Quote:
If only you were this honest on the political threads.
if only you were this right.

Unread 20-09-2020, 08:50 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I wouldn't say we are a laughing stock. They said that last season and we finished 3rd and got to 3 semis.

The team were clearly not ready yesterday and looked flat and not fit/sharp enough.

They need to get fit quick. I think they will sign a player or 2 now after yesterday but they shouldn't be doing it because of results. It's not good enough once again from the club in the market.
Everyone is laughing at us. By definition we are a laughing stock. Fortunately only two days till a hard fought 1-0 victory over Luton rights the ship

Unread 20-09-2020, 09:19 AM
Mr_Ed

I’m still so annoyed about last night. The performance was one thing but the ref giving that dodgy pen that’s was saved and making him re-take it...

What will happen if the keeper left the line and the goal went in? Make him retake that?

It’s a joke and it’s really pissed me off. The game is slowly dying - I’d say the same if it wasn’t h items. Disgusting refereeing.

Unread 20-09-2020, 09:23 AM
Tiberian

Surely Ole has to stop with the Lindelof fixation now. That was one of the most spineless CB performances I have seen since Evans at West Ham, didn't have Wan Bissaka to do all the man to man defending for him and just collapsed. We also how ill suited Maguire is to playing in a high line, as a pair they couldn't cope with Zaha and co running at them.

To be fair neither were helped by the midfield giving nothing defensively, McTomininay is not a natural in that deep role, and Pogba was running like a 35yo with dodgy knees. Problem is if Utd want to play an aggressive pressing game the defenders need to able to defend in space high up the pitch, neither can do that.

Throw the Sancho money at Upamecano.