Unread 08-01-2020, 06:03 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
over the last 12 months MUFC win rate is 27%

the so called biggest club in the world have won approx 3 games in 10
What's your plan then ?

Who should be appointed manager ?

Which players should be shipped out and which ones signed ?

Unread 08-01-2020, 07:01 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
What's your plan then ?

Who should be appointed manager ?

Which players should be shipped out and which ones signed ?
The set up needs changing not neccesarily the manager but the coaching and tactics side. We look amateurish at best. Surely we can do better than nail biter Carrick and dopey Mckenna! It's just not working.

A decent coach and motivator would have this bunch of numpties running through brick walls for the shirt.

Unread 08-01-2020, 07:09 PM
windy waffles

I heard this morning that since being appointed full time he has won 16 out of 47 games...

Unread 08-01-2020, 07:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Media saying Norwich is a must win game. If we lose that and get battered against Liverpool could be very interesting to see what happens...
Even with some players out we SHOULD beat Norwich at home FFS.

Losing that fixture was maybe the low point of LvG's time here, if it happens again there aren't really any excuses.

Unread 08-01-2020, 07:14 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
I heard this morning that since being appointed full time he has won 16 out of 47 games...
Wow! that's pretty grim.

Unread 08-01-2020, 07:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
That thread “apology from the knights of Mourinho” or what ever it was has proper jinxed Ole. Was going pretty good up until Neo created that awful thread.

Unread 08-01-2020, 08:14 PM
BarryX

Thumbs down

Quote:
deluded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Road
Ole for Molde more like

completely delusional
11th. 11th. 13th.

Three of the four league positions Manchester United FC finished in, in whose first four years at the club?

I'll give you a clue: Ole's mentor, the man who he studied under and the man whose ear he now has.

I'd say it's far more delusional to expect ANY manager to come in and turn the club around, whilst keeping those above him in place, controlling the strings from above.

Unread 08-01-2020, 08:23 PM
Patty_b

Thumbs up

Quote:
11th. 11th. 13th.

Three of the four league positions Manchester United FC finished in, in whose first four years at the club?

I'll give you a clue: Ole's mentor, the man who he studied under and the man whose ear he now has.

I'd say it's far more delusional to expect ANY manager to come in and turn the club around, whilst keeping those above him in place, controlling the strings from above.
Barry with the top class reversal.

Unread 08-01-2020, 08:39 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
11th. 11th. 13th.

Jesus christ you are still actually comparing Solskjaer to Fergie....delusional doesn't even cover it

Fergie deserved time because he had proven himself to be one of the best managers in Europe before he came to United, all Solskjaer did was take Cardiff down he should never have got the job and we're paying the price for it now

the only reason he has lasted this long is the fact is he is been cut ridiculous amount of slack for the fact he was a player who the fans loved....as a manager he does not cut it at United and never will

Unread 08-01-2020, 09:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Road
Jesus christ you are still actually comparing Solskjaer to Fergie....delusional doesn't even cover it

Fergie deserved time because he had proven himself to be one of the best managers in Europe before he came to United, all Solskjaer did was take Cardiff down he should never have got the job and we're paying the price for it now

the only reason he has lasted this long is the fact is he is been cut ridiculous amount of slack for the fact he was a player who the fans loved....as a manager he does not cut it at United and never will
And it was 34 years ago.

An exepction to the rule in a completely different time.

Most managers don't start well, get worse and then get it right. They just get worse.

Unread 08-01-2020, 09:18 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And it was 34 years ago.

An exepction to the rule in a completely different time.

Most managers don't start well, get worse and then get it right. They just get worse.
He’s having to drain the swamp. There was no way anyone was going to succeed here without doing that. People don’t want to suffer that process.

Unread 08-01-2020, 09:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He’s having to drain the swamp. There was no way anyone was going to succeed here without doing that. People don’t want to suffer that process.
That's working on the assumption that it's a process that will work under this manager.

I'm not arguing that point anyway, I'm just saying most managers are not Fergie. He's a remarkable exception to the 'give him time' rule.

Most managers don't turn it around.

Unread 08-01-2020, 09:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Tbf people have no faith in that process, at the rate we bin players off and replace them we will have a squad capable of challenging in 4 years if we're lucky.

People are arguing that a manager should be able to do better with what we have available in the meantime, I don't necessarily agree but when you see teams spending less and getting more out of both tactics and results it is extremely frustrating.

Unread 08-01-2020, 09:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Tbf people have no faith in that process, at the rate we bin players off and replace them we will have a squad capable of challenging in 4 years if we're lucky.

People are arguing that a manager should be able to do better with what we have available in the meantime, I don't necessarily agree but when you see teams spending less and getting more out of both tactics and results it is extremely frustrating.
There was always a possibility that we’d be left very thin, but they had to go. We know who needed to go and who still does based either on them not being good enough or not wanting to play here. This is not a situation Solskjaer created, just one he has to deal with, as would Poch, Allegri or anyone else. The quicker we drain the swamp the quicker we can repopulate it with players who are good enough and do want to be here.

Tell you what, no way Pep Guardiola takes a job this difficult.

Unread 08-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
There was always a possibility that we’d be left very thin, but they had to go. We know who needed to go and who still does based either on them not being good enough or not wanting to play here. This is not a situation Solskjaer created, just one he has to deal with, as would Poch, Allegri or anyone else. The quicker we drain the swamp the quicker we can repopulate it with players who are good enough and do want to be here.

Tell you what, no way Pep Guardiola takes a job this difficult.
I agree with that, but you can't just get rid of players, even bad ones, without replacing them. Our midfield options were horrendous last season so by all means start shipping out those players, but it should be inconceivable that we start the season with The Scottish Player, Pogba and Fred as the first choice with Perreira and Matic as backups. Both in terms of quality and depth it's a suicide mission, Ole had a major hand in either agreeing to that which shows awful judgement or in accepting that happening above his head, either way it doesn't bode well.

Unread 08-01-2020, 09:43 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Barry with the top class reversal.

What. A. Gif.

Unread 08-01-2020, 10:20 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
11th. 11th. 13th.

Horseshit. We have a poundland manager running the worlds best club.

Unread 08-01-2020, 11:20 PM
BarryX

Question

Quote:
Horseshit. We have a poundland manager running the worlds best club.
Who knows more about managing United: you (not you, personally, per se, but the doubters on here) or Fergie?

Because, and I'd be prepared to bet all my V-cash on this, plus whatever's left on my overdraft, I am as certain as can be that SAF was consulted on who should take the manager's role.

Unread 08-01-2020, 11:25 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Who knows more about managing United: you (not you, personally, per se, but the doubters on here) or Fergie?

Because, and I'd be prepared to bet all my V-cash on this, plus whatever's left on my overdraft, I am as certain as can be that SAF was consulted on who should take the manager's role.
Ferguson thought appointing Moyes was a good idea though. Let's not take his view (imagined or otherwise) as gospel on this topic.
Closed Thread