United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2020, 05:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Good header of the ball, decent defender, good personality to have in the team. But we all knew that already (well the sane ones knew)

He is proving to be a good signing
Oh wow. Surely dunk and the other one aren't going to stand for that?

Unread 01-03-2020, 05:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Oh wow. Surely dunk and the other one aren't going to stand for that?
Noticed that but didn't want to highlight it tbh..

Dunk is already on the brink and could completely lose his cool at any moment, while a certain other poster isn’t someone to let something like that slide

Potential to get very ugly imo.

Unread 01-03-2020, 05:50 PM
Patty_b

Would have lost 4-1 without him, there's not another player in the squad who could have dominated the box like he did.

Always starts as well. Top player and top captain.

Love how he goes mental about any decision that goes against us. I wonder if the VAR decisions in today's game and the Chelsea game would have been checked as thoroughly as they were if he didn't run around waving his arms about. Compare that to Lindelof today who just put his head in his hands when the ball hit the back of the net.

Unread 01-03-2020, 05:52 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Probably was before his injury tbf, tough to give it to him if his last game was January? and misses the rest of the season Imo. Hopefully he isn’t rushed back too..

Captain Mags has been a rock at a difficult time and he's put loads of top performances in. Also a big part of a defence that’s kept the 2nd? Highest number of clean sheets in Europe’s top leagues.

Hi pal
I think loads of top performers is going a bit far. He’s been mostly solid, and has recently really stepped it up to be fair.

Right now I’d give it Rashford, but Maguire certainly has a shout and if he carries on this form to the end of the season it’s probably a fair call.

Unread 01-03-2020, 05:57 PM
redhegemony

Excellent defending corners - didn't think he was as good as he has been passing the ball and defending through balls.

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think loads of top performers is going a bit far. He’s been mostly solid, and has recently really stepped it up to be fair.

Right now I’d give it Rashford, but Maguire certainly has a shout and if he carries on this form to the end of the season it’s probably a fair call.
All of this.

I honestly think the biggest attribute he’s brought is his character. I think a huge part of our problem in recent years is down to having zero characters in the side. No leaders. Not even by example.

Someone who shows a bit of desire ffs.

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:13 PM
AK14

Didn’t someone say something like Lindelof was carrying him not so long ago?

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:19 PM
believe

Quote:
Probably an idiot who doesn’t understand the basics of the game.

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Probably

Looks like this might have been an instance of our former manager knowing what he was doing

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Probably

Looks like this might have been an instance of our former manager knowing what he was doing
Remind me who signed Lindelof?

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Probably

Quote:
Ouch

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
You know what the word "instance" means?

Nowhere did I claim that JM got everything right, nor have I ever done.

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I remember saying that Lindelof had gotten worse since he arrived though and he may have dragged him down
That was it..

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
That was it..

Turns out it was just they were both shite at the time.

Pleased to see Maguire actually starting to look useful. Let’s not forget it’s only a month ago he caused us to get shafted by Burnley at OT though..

Unread 01-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
You know what the word "instance" means?

Nowhere did I claim that JM got everything right, nor have I ever done.
Yes, just a bit weird trying to big him up immediately after mocking one of his signings

Unread 01-03-2020, 07:44 PM
red in cumbria

I was referring to Maguire, I thought that was obvious especially given what thread this is.

Unread 01-03-2020, 07:50 PM
utd99

Magnificent defending corners today. As they kept racking them up it was becoming very worrisome, but how many times did he get on the end of them. Good deliveries too.

Well done.

Unread 03-03-2020, 01:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Ibrahimovic.

Unread 03-03-2020, 04:42 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Ibrahimovic.