United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Bitters give them all private education too... United just pay bus fare.
yeah i heard something about that as well. It's not just a football academy, it's a private school etc.

Again, easy to offer when your bank roll is unlimited.

Unread 24-07-2020, 10:19 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'm not referring to his situation specifically.

but i do know of a family in essex who are friends of my uncle, who's son was openly courted by City and several other premier league clubs. City were prepared to move his whole family up to manchester and buy them a house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Bitters give them all private education too... United just pay bus fare.
I know of a young lad in Citys academy, he gets private school and a house. Oh and about 18k a year salary which goes to the parents obviously

Also heard of kids from down south getting houses. Think its something about having to live max 1 hour away so just buy those that dont houses

Unread 24-07-2020, 10:23 PM
Sparky***

Unless i'm mistaken united have the youngest squad in the league right? And I think we've had something like 5 players from our youth academy in the team at various stages during games post-lockdown.

It's always boiled my piss when everyone was fawning over £#%&!ing Chelsea being forced to actually play some of the young players they've stockpiled for 15 years and sent out on their never ending loan merry go round.

Liverpool, City...about one youth player each in their starting 11 which is otherwise full of experienced players all at their peak...

then everyone wonders why United are all over the place with their performances.

Unread 24-07-2020, 10:39 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Think as a young lad you just want to play. If you can get signed by your boyhood club on whatever path your career takes you (Ipswich, etc.) then you’re going to jump at the chance.

Made me chuckle.

Unread 25-07-2020, 05:37 AM
stmfh

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Didn’t his gran look after him then
She passed away but still looked after him

Unread 25-07-2020, 10:50 AM
armchair

He's not a midget btw. That was my worry. Saw a pic of him beside a keeper and he was as tall.

Unread 25-07-2020, 11:13 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
I know of a young lad in Citys academy, he gets private school and a house. Oh and about 18k a year salary which goes to the parents obviously

Also heard of kids from down south getting houses. Think its something about having to live max 1 hour away so just buy those that dont houses
City’s lot go to St Bede’s

Unread 25-07-2020, 11:40 AM
utd99

Whatever incentives City and Chelsea can offer an academy player and his family now is a speck compared to what United can offer in terms of opportunity. You can’t end up as a top player earning 10-15m per year unless someone gives you a chance at the first team. City going to do that?

Unread 25-07-2020, 03:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Whatever incentives City and Chelsea can offer an academy player and his family now is a speck compared to what United can offer in terms of opportunity. You can’t end up as a top player earning 10-15m per year unless someone gives you a chance at the first team. City going to do that?
look pal phil foden comes on for 15 mins every other game. What more do you want.

Unread 25-07-2020, 03:17 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Unless i'm mistaken united have the youngest squad in the league right? And I think we've had something like 5 players from our youth academy in the team at various stages during games post-lockdown.

It's always boiled my piss when everyone was fawning over f***ing Chelsea being forced to actually play some of the young players they've stockpiled for 15 years and sent out on their never ending loan merry go round.

Liverpool, City...about one youth player each in their starting 11 which is otherwise full of experienced players all at their peak...

then everyone wonders why United are all over the place with their performances.
This really does my nut in, we've had a youth product in the team or on the bench since what 1937, city have Foden and he's like the only youth product in the league, they must bung the press some cash!

Unread 25-07-2020, 03:24 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
United lot go to Ashton on mersey secondary school in sale

Unread 25-07-2020, 08:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
And from there to St Bin’s

Unread 25-07-2020, 08:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
This all day long. The huge advantage that united have is that they have a proven track record of academy players becoming 1st team players and there are few clubs that can say that.

But city haven’t invested as much as they have for nothing - they’ll expect their hoovering up approach to pay off eventually. They may take a different view now with the near collapse of FFP I guess but their approach is about the sustainability of the club. The utter shit stains.

United can’t rest on their arses due to past successes though and there was a point, prior to Nicky Butt being hired that the academy system at united was a right mess. Hopefully Ole’s on it - especially given the success we’ve enjoyed with it.

Unread 25-07-2020, 08:16 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Big City crest on the playing fields sign. Would never have happened in mine and Parters’ days. We avoided the randy priests’ reign of terror too.

Unread 25-07-2020, 08:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
This all day long. The huge advantage that united have is that they have a proven track record of academy players becoming 1st team players and there are few clubs that can say that.

But city haven’t invested as much as they have for nothing - they’ll expect their hoovering up approach to pay off eventually. They may take a different view now with the near collapse of FFP I guess but their approach is about the sustainability of the club. The utter shit stains.

United can’t rest on their arses due to past successes though and there was a point, prior to Nicky Butt being hired that the academy system at united was a right mess. Hopefully Ole’s on it - especially given the success we’ve enjoyed with it.
I’m not sure they’ll ever have the stomach to bed in young players when they can just go out and buy ready mades off the rack, especially as their main priority is money laundering and public relations.

Unread 26-07-2020, 12:56 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Big City crest on the playing fields sign. Would never have happened in mine and Parters’ days. We avoided the randy priests’ reign of terror too.

wtf lad

Unread 26-07-2020, 10:23 AM
puressence

Like the Chelsea kids. Yep they look good but will be binned after summer spending. Also makes me laugh when they say franks not has new players. Kovasic was bought and pulisic in the January for the season that’s 100 mill there the @#%&!s. Sorry for going slightly off thread

Unread 11-09-2020, 07:19 PM
puressence

Signed apparently

Unread 11-09-2020, 07:26 PM
suedeshoes

He has. He's the godson of a friend of mine. It's a tenuous link but I'll use it.

Unread 02-10-2020, 05:38 PM
dunk

Summer 2025 sorted
Closed Thread