United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 01-03-2023, 12:55 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
You want a quatari buyout pal?
I'm not your pal you silly @#%&!.

Almost two decades under those leeches, and you sound you're praying for them to stay. Hoping for some billionaire Mother Theresa to buy us out

Damn right I would take the Qataris over them Mr Biznezz.

Unread 01-03-2023, 12:55 AM
moransbleedinghead

Interesting if somewhat pathetic response.

I will admit that I'm really not sure what the best outcome for us is. The fabled red knights are not coming, there is no unicorn buyer, but one thing I'm absolutely certain about is that the Glazers continued ownership of us is without any doubt the worst possible outcome..

I'm struggling to decide between the Ineos or Qatar bids, each have their pros and cons, but either one is many times a better outcome that the Glazers sinking us further into debt.

Your opposition to Qatar is valid but don't use it as a tool to justify the gimps, they've had enough stooges over the years.

Unread 01-03-2023, 01:00 AM
Drexl

must admit: moran sounds intelligent unlike jenkins

dude. please provide us with numbers greater than Erik is performing, and MAYBE you have an argument

Jenkins though £#%&! off you tit

Unread 01-03-2023, 01:02 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
must admit: moran sounds intelligent unlike jenkins

dude. please provide us with numbers greater than Erik is performing, and MAYBE you have an argument

Jenkins though £#%&! off you tit
The past few pages have already established you're a £#%&!wit.

Carry on windmilling for the rest of the week

Unread 01-03-2023, 01:23 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
The past few pages have already established you're a £#%&!wit.

Carry on windmilling for the rest of the week
will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Jenkins
I'm not your pal you silly @#%&!.

Damn right I would take the Qataris over them Mr Biznezz.
Quoted for the biznezzzzz

Unread 01-03-2023, 07:53 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090
Why not? It puts on a level playing field with the rest of the football super powers and city. I’m not comfortable with support the Qatari regime but I think most people say that but when push comes to shove they don’t care (see the World Cup for an example) the days of us being fan owned etc are never coming back. I’m not an accountant so don’t know the ins and outs of it and I’m not looking for an argument but the glazers have been bad owners. Will the Qataris be? Who alone knows.
If you're not bothered about the non-football side of it, what about getting in bed with the biggest off-field cheats in the history of the game?

Is that something reds are completely comfortable with? For me it makes the potential of a Qatari takeover worse than the City one, and yes potentially worse than the gimps. Although it's very much devil and the deep blue sea. Despite all the shit political stuff, the sports washing and the unlevel playing field, City's £#%&!wits weren't proven football cheats... Before the takeover anyway.

Unread 01-03-2023, 08:24 AM
believe

Could someone explain to me what sports washing is? I hear it every day now and still have no idea what it means.

Unread 01-03-2023, 08:38 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Could someone explain to me what sports washing is? I hear it every day now and still have no idea what it means.
A regime/nation with a lot of dosh who are viewed as tyrannical/unpopular with the western world buy a sports club/franchise and pumps money in until that club/franchise becomes globally prominent.

By associating themselves with this popular club/franchise, some/many people soften their stance against the regime/nation, and they become less unpopular

They will also invest “in the local community” in order to ingratiate themselves in the psyche of the followers of the club/franchise

So in brief, they have used a sports club to “wash” their image

Unread 01-03-2023, 08:45 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
A regime/nation with a lot of dosh who are viewed as tyrannical/unpopular with the western world buy a sports club/franchise and pumps money in until that club/franchise becomes globally prominent.

By associating themselves with this popular club/franchise, some/many people soften their stance against the regime/nation, and they become less unpopular

They will also invest “in the local community” in order to ingratiate themselves in the psyche of the followers of the club/franchise

So in brief, they have used a sports club to “wash” their image
Ah right, makes sense. Seems odd that people would be opposed to it, everyone deserves a second chance. Look at the Germans.

Unread 01-03-2023, 09:35 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Ah right, makes sense. Seems odd that people would be opposed to it, everyone deserves a second chance. Look at the Germans.
Great comparison.

I think the sports washing arguments are weak and too vague tbh. There’s compromises all over the place. The uk sells arms to Saudi Arabia that then find their way into the hands of terrorists that then use them in campaigns against the west. It’s fairly £#%&!ed up already but why would we want to jump in to the middle that kind of £#%&!ed up ness?

I think the best way of looking at it is to look at PSG and ask yourselves do we want our club and football in general to end up like that. I guess everyone accepts that PSG break the rules - I’ve no idea whether that’s being investigated or not - but they seem to be getting away with it, as do City currently - yet you seem entirely comfortable with a regime that’s happy to cheat it’s way to the top of the sporting ladder. And thereafter dominate that league based on its oils revenues rather than the clubs achievements.

I can’t get my head around that at all.

Unread 01-03-2023, 09:53 AM
windy waffles

They won't be selling anyway by the looks of it so sport-washing etc is irrelevant.

Unread 01-03-2023, 10:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
They won't be selling anyway by the looks of it so sport-washing etc is irrelevant.

What have you heard pal ?

Know you've a finger on the financial pulse ..

Unread 01-03-2023, 12:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

What have you heard pal ?

Know you've a finger on the financial pulse ..

Unread 01-03-2023, 01:48 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Great comparison.

I think the sports washing arguments are weak and too vague tbh. There’s compromises all over the place. The uk sells arms to Saudi Arabia that then find their way into the hands of terrorists that then use them in campaigns against the west. It’s fairly £#%&!ed up already but why would we want to jump in to the middle that kind of £#%&!ed up ness?

I think the best way of looking at it is to look at PSG and ask yourselves do we want our club and football in general to end up like that. I guess everyone accepts that PSG break the rules - I’ve no idea whether that’s being investigated or not - but they seem to be getting away with it, as do City currently - yet you seem entirely comfortable with a regime that’s happy to cheat it’s way to the top of the sporting ladder. And thereafter dominate that league based on its oils revenues rather than the clubs achievements.

I can’t get my head around that at all.
I think it’s interesting that you believe a quite obvious tongue in cheek comment that makes literally no sense yet you completely ignore anything I try to tell you that might dispel the myths you constantly use to strengthen your argument.

I’m bored of the conversation though now because you’ve (not just you) made your mind up and that’s it and I hope whatever happens works out for you. I’ll continue to not give a flying £#%&! who owns us and just hope we keep winning after spending more or less the same as every other team around us year after year.

Unread 01-03-2023, 02:10 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
I think it’s interesting that you believe a quite obvious tongue in cheek comment that makes literally no sense yet you completely ignore anything I try to tell you that might dispel the myths you constantly use to strengthen your argument.

I’m bored of the conversation though now because you’ve (not just you) made your mind up and that’s it and I hope whatever happens works out for you. I’ll continue to not give a flying £#%&! who owns us and just hope we keep winning after spending more or less the same as every other team around us year after year.
Then why have you flat out refused to put any money in the pockets of the Glazers

I've not put any money in their pockets either. I've not bought any official merchandise since the takeover and the only matches I have attended are on a relatives season ticket, so I get that.

But you can't claim to stand on some moral high ground when it comes to the glazers, but then claim to "continue to not give a flying £#%&! who owns us" in response to someone who has their own concerns about future ownership.

Unread 01-03-2023, 02:13 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Then why have you flat out refused to put any money in the pockets of the Glazers

I've not put any money in their pockets either. I've not bought any official merchandise since the takeover and the only matches I have attended are on a relatives season ticket, so I get that.

But you can't claim to stand on some moral high ground when it comes to the glazers, but then claim to "continue to not give a flying £#%&! who owns us" in response to someone who has their own concerns about future ownership.

What? I couldn’t give a flying £#%&! because I don’t give any money to them, the same way I won’t give any money to anyone else. This is the weirdest response I’ve ever read

Edit: amazing how many people who get freebies now to attend games btw

Unread 01-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
What? I couldn’t give a flying £#%&! because I don’t give any money to them, the same way I won’t give any money to anyone else. This is the weirdest response I’ve ever read
Right back at you

You make a big thing about not putting any money into the owners pockets in protest of their ownership, and then claim you don't give a £#%&! who owns us as long as we're successful. So I'm assuming you were you fully behind Glazer ownership between 2005 and 2013 when we were winning things then?

Quote:
Edit: amazing how many people who get freebies now to attend games btw
I think you're confused, I'm not paid or get anything for free to attend games in some sort of influencer capacity. I attend games when one of the two season tickets in my family are free for a match and I'm free to attend.

Unread 01-03-2023, 02:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Right back at you

You make a big thing about not putting any money into the owners pockets in protest of their ownership, and then claim you don't give a £#%&! who owns us as long as we're successful. So I'm assuming you were you fully behind Glazer ownership between 2005 and 2013 when we were winning things then?

I think you're confused, I'm not paid or get anything for free to attend games in some sort of influencer capacity. I attend games when one of the two season tickets in my family are free for a match and I'm free to attend.
Honestly never read as much shit as this in my whole life. You’re all over the place.

Unread 01-03-2023, 02:24 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Honestly never read as much shit as this in my whole life. You’re all over the place.
Sure thing pal, you telling people you don't give a shit about who owns us, while also telling everyone that you've protested the ownership since 2005 is incredibly consistent and not at all confusing.

Unread 01-03-2023, 02:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Sure thing pal, you telling people you don't give a shit about who owns us, while also telling everyone that you've protested the ownership since 2005 is incredibly consistent and not at all confusing.