United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-11-2009, 05:43 AM
borsuk

Default benitez trying to convince the liverpool board to sell torres?

by the looks of things

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ernando-torres

Unread 17-11-2009, 06:02 AM
Spiffy

Default Re: benitez trying to convince the liverpool board to sell torres?

It's beautiful, he's given the Liverpool board an 'out'. Sacking him would cost £20M, getting him to resign will net them £50M. If the Liverpool board go for this they lose one of the only two things that are any good about that shit hole. Benitez is hoping that the fear of losing Torres will mean that the Liverpool fans back him. United should do the decent thing and bid for Torres in January. He'll be at Real Madrid or Barcelona by this time next year if we don't.

Unread 17-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
United should do the decent thing and bid for Torres in January. He'll be at Real Madrid or Barcelona by this time next year if we don't.
What with, ten bob and a pickled egg?

Unread 17-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Spiffy

We were assured by the Glazers and SAF that the £80M will be used to strengthen the team.

Assuming they are not lying to us, we should use some of that to ensure Liverpool finish out of the top 4. That will kill them as they'll struggle to make their loan repayments.

Let's say we get him for £50M, we could probably get £20M for Berbatov (Tottenham may even have him back) and that means we've got Torres for £30M of the £80M, still enough to get a keeper and whatever else SAF feels we may need.

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:00 PM
wonky no

i don't think he likes us though. can't think why.

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
We were assured by the Glazers and SAF that the £80M will be used to strengthen the team.

Assuming they are not lying to us, we should use some of that to ensure Liverpool finish out of the top 4. That will kill them as they'll struggle to make their loan repayments.

Let's say we get him for £50M, we could probably get £20M for Berbatov (Tottenham may even have him back) and that means we've got Torres for £30M of the £80M, still enough to get a keeper and whatever else SAF feels we may need.
I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you do realise that was all bullshit, right?

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you do realise that was all bullshit, right?
Fergie's lied to us loads of times so I don't expect that £80M is still around never mind being allocated to the transfer kitty. It's time someone called his bluff about these "excellent owners". Either they are and we can get Torres or they are @#%&!s. We need to finally find out what their plans are for us. The scousers wouldn't stand for it but we take it like £#%&!o's. SAF should be asked about that £80M at every press conference until it's spent.

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
We really don't know that do we? Until we hear from Ferie/ someone inside the club that he's attempted to buy someone but has been knocked back - you can only make assumptions. fair enough that we make them but that's all they are.

I take him in an instant. Probably the best out and out striker in Europe.
might as well get Gerrard on board too

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:10 PM
dodger

Quote:

I take him in an instant. Probably the best out and out striker in Europe.
He's too injury prone for the money he'd cost

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:11 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
might as well get Gerrard on board too
You're not making sense Kev.

You said, "you wouldn't want Torres near a United shirt".

Our survey said "they would want Torres in a United shirt".

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
You're not making sense Kev.

You said, "you wouldn't want Torres near a United shirt".

Our survey said "they would want Torres in a United shirt".

Van Persie > Bruno....and I wouldn't want that @#%&! in/on/or near a United shirt either

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:13 PM
dodger

Quote:
Thanks for calling me a #@&%!.

The scousers believed the lies they were told. When they realise they'd been had they protested very loudly at every occasion. We protested before the Glazers came but when they arrived everyone took their seats silently and pretended it never happened.

Look at the way the scousers club together, we don't do that.

JFH
Shields
Hicks and Gillette

They've even had dj's sacked for telling the truth about Hillsborough.

If the Sun made up stories about United we'd still be buying the paper, the scousers have boycotted it for 20 years.
Busted! And what's this "if" %@#$&!s?

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Thanks for calling me a #@&%!.

The scousers believed the lies they were told. When they realise they'd been had they protested very loudly at every occasion. We protested before the Glazers came but when they arrived everyone took their seats silently and pretended it never happened.

Look at the way the scousers club together, we don't do that.

JFH
Shields
Hicks and Gillette

They've even had dj's sacked for telling the truth about Hillsborough.

If the Sun made up stories about United we'd still be buying the paper, the scousers have boycotted it for 20 years.

jesus £#%&!ing wept

look at the way scousers kill other fans...we don't do that either

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Fergie's lied to us loads of times so I don't expect that £80M is still around never mind being allocated to the transfer kitty. It's time someone called his bluff about these "excellent owners". Either they are and we can get Torres or they are @#%&!s. We need to finally find out what their plans are for us. The scousers wouldn't stand for it but we take it like £#%&!o's. SAF should be asked about that £80M at every press conference until it's spent.
ffs

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:17 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Van Persie > Bruno....and I wouldn't want that @#%&! in/on/or near a United shirt either
Fair enough.

If you had a choice between Berbatov or Torres, who would you choose?

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Fair enough.

Berbatov nft

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:20 PM
the peg seller

torres has got a lovely complexion

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
jesus £#%&!ing wept

look at the way scousers kill other fans...we don't do that either
Yes, there are lots of differences between us and we don't kill people. I'll give you that.

As someone who disagrees with unions this is hard to say but we have 75,000 people at every home game. The vast majority want rid of Glazer and if we all stood together we could have got rid of them. The fact is we have 75,000 individuals but who don't stand together. We have one hell of a lot of sway if only we could get organised but at the moment it's divide and conquer and it's working very well for the Glazers.

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:22 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Berbatov nft

Unread 17-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Fair enough.

If we had Torres and Liverpool had Berbatov, what would we be saying then? Too many people wear United coloured specs when watching Berbatov.
Closed Thread