United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Ed Sullivan

Default Where's the Carrick and Park haters...

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:34 AM
MUFC One Love

Zakora > Carrick.

Unread 01-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I hate these threads.

Unread 01-04-2007, 12:10 PM
MUFC One Love

Spurs and Liverpool will comfortably finish above us.

We all know who said this and he was so sure.

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:50 PM
muotmc

Personally, I think Park is average at best. His greatest quality is being a pain in the arse of opponent midfielders.

The lad £#%&!ing hounds them like they smell of a spaniel or something.

He is a bit dizzy and always looks like he never has the ball under control. That said, he seems to get results from this bizarre approach.

Unread 01-04-2007, 01:55 PM
paddy2times

That said, he seems to get results from this bizarre approach.[/quote]

and that's what counts.

Unread 01-04-2007, 09:47 PM
jem's kind streak

Default carrick

has some class; park is an idiot.

Unread 01-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ahem. Park scored one and made one yesterday. He is one of the reasons we are doing so well this season. A fine addition to the investment in quality in the squad.

What Parky's got to do with it though, is anybody's guess. ;-)

Unread 01-04-2007, 09:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Ahem. Park scored one and made one yesterday. He is one of the reasons we are doing so well this season. A fine addition to the investment in a quality in the squad.

What Parky's got to do with it though, is anybody's guess. ;-)
He is a good squad player, thought he was poor first half, but I also thought Giggs was dreadful.

Park is better than Richardson by a distance and is more important. Richardson is apparently "talented" because he has some pace, despite him £#%&!ing everything up regularly.

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem's kind streak
Park was very average when we first got him but the improvement in his alround play now is remarkable. I would say he's a good solid player now.

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Ed Sullivan

this was suppose to be a bit of a provoking thread

in reality, Park doesn't always know what he's doing - but he does that well. I'd rather have an idiot chasing the ball like a loon, than a positionally aware midfielder who sticks to his chunk of the pitch and let's the play come to him.

and Carrick has shown he has more to his game than what I saw at Spurs.

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Lazarus

Carrick and Park aren't really worthy of comparison.

Carrick oozes class and footballing intelligence.

J Sung is a little Jack Russell (probably a joke there somewhere) who runs around with much gusto and furious anger but often without looking up. If he ever perfects his lack of a final ball and keeps his composure in front of goal he'll be a devastating player because he sure as £#%&! gets himself into enough goalscoring positions.

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:15 PM
mr.sitter

park was injured for the first part of the season...after a run of a few games he's showing what he's capable of. i think there's a lot more to him than we've yet seen

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Park is a quality player. It's that simple.

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:49 PM
jem's kind streak

Default £#%&! off

when smith came on, I actually thought.. thank christ, another player who has more class than park. I think it was the way he knew what he was doing.

Unread 01-04-2007, 10:50 PM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Park is a quality player. It's that simple.
he's shit and a goal-hanger. :0)

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
he's shit and a goal-hanger. :0)
If you really think Smith is better than Park I don't think I'm going to be able to complete your Park education. I despair ;-)

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Tropical

Default If anyone

who "hates" Carrick hasn't been shut up by his performances this season, then they're not going to be shut up by his getting a goal.

And if anyone who "hates" Park shuts up because he had a decent game and scored, then they haven't been watching his performances this season.

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Thats a bit £#%&!in strong isnt it?

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Sanitary Man
Thats a bit £#%&!in strong isnt it?
I prefer 'speedboat,no driver'