United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2023, 05:39 PM
dunk

Just reading something that claimed ETH was told Greenwood was coming back all summer, hence not moved for another attacker, in the last week the carpet has been whipped from beneath him. Awesome

Unread 21-08-2023, 05:45 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just reading something that claimed ETH was told Greenwood was coming back all summer, hence not moved for another attacker, in the last week the carpet has been whipped from beneath him. Awesome
Id say that’s true.

Unread 21-08-2023, 05:45 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I think this was pretty obviously the case - some of us were even cracking jokes about Greenwood having a video unveiling last day of the window etc.

Again though, it’s another example of incompetence at the club. We should have been planning for all possibilities, having potential signings lined up should it all go tits up with Greenwood - which it has.

Maybe we do still have one or two targets in mind but it wouldn’t surprise me if Arnold is frantically texting Weghorst asking him to pick up.

Unread 21-08-2023, 05:50 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Yep - I said this in the other thread. Would make sense why we weren't going harder for Kane and why ETH had to be broadly supportive of MG's reintegration.

Such a shit show from the club.

Calvert Lewin

Unread 21-08-2023, 05:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Gift Orban
Who do we gift him to?

Unread 21-08-2023, 05:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Yep - I said this in the other thread. Would make sense why we weren't going harder for Kane and why ETH had to be broadly supportive of MG's reintegration.

Such a shit show from the club.

Calvert Lewin
I’d have loved Kane but I don’t think we were ever realistically going to sign him. Levy wasn’t going to sell him to a PL team unless it was for utterly stupid money.

Unread 21-08-2023, 05:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Odd one... Awoniyi?
even more of a donkey than my little toney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Could've probably got Raul Jimenez. He was on fire before the head injury.
crikey. third degree burns and a fractured skull. this comeback needs its own film.

good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Antonio
swap for mags and mctog. I'm in.

chelsea would probably sell broja. it's what they are doing these days. for silly money, though.

don't forget danny ings.

Unread 21-08-2023, 05:54 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Been obvious for a while this was the plan.

As ever we’ve made an absolute £#%&!ing pigs ear of things, you’d have to laugh if it wasn’t so serious.

Genuinely fascinated to see who we rustle up before the transfer window finishes tbh.

Taremi still available though….

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:01 PM
jem

greenwood isn't a cf.

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:02 PM
partyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Now that the decision on Greenwood has been made, and the ineptitude of our club in football related matters well known, let’s give them a bit of help. Who are you bringing in to share the burden of goalscoring with Razzers, and lukewarm baths with martial, before the transfer window SLAMS shut?

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Arnautovic

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:04 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
even more of a donkey than my little toney.

crikey. third degree burns and a fractured skull. this comeback needs its own film.

good player.

swap for mags and mctog. I'm in.

chelsea would probably sell broja. it's what they are doing these days. for silly money, though.

don't forget danny ings.
Yeah I think Antonio would be a decent experienced striker alongside Holjund. He has a great attitude, very powerful and I think he’d love playing for us too.

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:05 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Arnautovic

Arnowtovic

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:05 PM
larry

any 21 year olds available on a free who can play like this?

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry

https://twitter.com/UnitedTyson/stat...21806187442459
Nope. Even that one isn’t.

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:17 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry

https://twitter.com/UnitedTyson/stat...21806187442459
There’s a couple but one of them once cheated on their school exams and the other one has a dodgy box to watch the football

Our Moral Police won’t allow it.

Jonty Flowerson, plays for Durham Vicars over 30s fits the criteria but he’s currently donating his liver to a kid in Ghana. When he’s back he might get the nod.

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

Bell Weggy again, lad.

Unread 21-08-2023, 06:33 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Bell Weggy again, lad.

Unread 21-08-2023, 07:05 PM
My Name is Heath

Stapleton
Whiteside