United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2008, 10:14 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
that line sums him up more than any other post on this thread.
when was the last time you actually watched him play?

are you just taking the easy option and assuming he is like that because everyone says so?

Unread 21-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
that line sums him up more than any other post on this thread.
yep, he is hit and miss imo. For the record Martin O'neill knows his stuff when it comes to football.

Unread 21-01-2008, 10:17 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
when was the last time you actually watched him play?

are you just taking the easy option and assuming he is like that because everyone says so?
no i don't listen to what everyone says , i don't have the time. i have seen him play quite a lot. Not much this year i have to admit but leopards and spots and all that.

Unread 21-01-2008, 10:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
yep, he is hit and miss imo. For the record Martin O'neill knows his stuff when it comes to football.
Yep, particularly love the Zat Knight signing.

Zlatan may have been hit and miss in the past (O'Neill's criticism was far stronger) but to use that term to descirbe him now is just silly. As stated, he's the best player in Italy these days and currently tops the goalscoring charts in the Champions League.

Unread 21-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl...ics/index.html

RvN and Ronaldo: 12 shots on goal each, Ronaldo 5 RvN 4

Unread 21-01-2008, 10:33 PM
borsuk

Quote:
zlatan ibrahimovich.

the player that would complete united.
are you playing scrabble?

Unread 21-01-2008, 10:38 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl...ics/index.html

RvN and Ronaldo: 12 shots on goal each, Ronaldo 5 RvN 4
ruud must hate that stat

i love it

Unread 21-01-2008, 10:50 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No, he actually made a £#%&!ing tool of himself.
Indeed. Not that most of clowns slagging him off would know. He's been £#%&!ing class for Inter this season. Consistently put in excellent performances this, something I don't think he's done before.

Top scorer in Serie A this season isn't he? Got a few in the Champions League group stages too. Quality player.

Unread 21-01-2008, 11:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Indeed. Not that most of clowns slagging him off would know. He's been £#%&!ing class for Inter this season. Consistently put in excellent performances this, something I don't think he's done before.

Top scorer in Serie A this season isn't he? Got a few in the Champions League group stages too. Quality player.
Joint top goalscorer with Trezeguet. He's definitely become more consistent since he went to Inter and he's been in great form this season. Like I say, he's always been someone I've enjoyed watching without really wanting at United, but the way he's been playing this season I'd actually be tempted. Having said that, I think we'd find it too difficult to fit him in. He'd want to play every week.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:04 AM
The Watcher

Definitely the type of striker we're missing.

I do suspect that without such a player, we may lack a "plan b" when games aren't going our way. Although we have a strong squad in all other positions, we're desperately short up front and lack any real impact striker. Especially if we loose Ronnie for any amount of time, we'll struggle for pace up front.

£#%&!ing hell, I'd even take Defoe, just to give us some more options

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:09 AM
S/Side.Red

Completely agree about the need for another option in the striker department, it's just that if we signed a world-class forward we'd struggle to keep Tevez, Rooney and said player happy. Doesn't look like we'll be getting anyone before the end of the month, which is something I hope we don't regret but fear we will. Imagine getting to the latter stages of all competitions and playing three games a week with Saha out injured. Not sure it can be done.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:12 AM
1MUFC

South Africa v Angola is on Wednesday, Manucho. Hopefully he isnt a typical shite african player who kicks the ball and legs it.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:13 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
Hopefully he isnt a typical shite african player who kicks the ball and legs it.
Oh dear.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:15 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
South Africa v Angola is on Wednesday, Manucho. Hopefully he isnt a typical shite african player who kicks the ball and legs it.
give me an example of one simple simon....

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
FFS.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:

As for Zlatan he's a terrific player, can't believe so many people took MON opinion on him so seriously.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:19 AM
1MUFC

Quote:
give me an example of one simple simon....
Bar an extremely small group in general African outfield players kick the ball and leg it without any thought or technique. African goal keepers in general are ridiculous. Just watch the African nations and you will see for yourself.

I hope he is a talent and becomes a good player for us, I would have preferred we took a gamble on one of our youth players though.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:20 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Imagine getting to the latter stages of all competitions and playing three games a week with Saha out injured. Not sure it can be done.
Yea. It's what cost us in Europe last season.

Any decent striker with pace would be fine imo. Tevez is still getting better, I expect him to get a few more goals/assists in the second half of the season.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:21 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
As for Zlatan he's a terrific player, can't believe so many people took MON opinion on him so seriously.
Why not? Look at what Hoddle created with Andy Cole. People are stupid.

To be fair, criticisms of Zlatan have been valid in the past. It's just that O'Neill went completely over the top and people who don't actually watch much football still refer to his ramblings at the World Cup in 2006.

Unread 22-01-2008, 12:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Bar an extremely small group in general African outfield players kick the ball and leg it without any thought or technique.
What complete and utter %@#$&!s.
Closed Thread