United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Are you in favour of Big Jim’s deal to acquire 25% of the club?
Yes 71 71.00%
No 14 14.00%
Not arsed 15 15.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-01-2024, 10:12 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Would it still be cordial?
Anything less would make me vimto

Unread 08-01-2024, 01:05 PM
sweetleftfoot

A mate of mine works at Carrington and was at the staff meeting at OT. He was impressed with SJR and the way he spoke of his memories of Utd (climbing in as a kid, Barca 99), then said signing the contract on Christmas Eve was up there for him. Deal was done back in May apparently, final negotiations and paperwork took 6 months

He also said he kept returning to the fact that the quickest ground redevelopment was to build new behind the Stretford End. Said the cost of the cantilever stand would be excessive and would take years. Also said Murtough sat at the back.

Unread 09-01-2024, 01:12 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
A mate of mine works at Carrington and was at the staff meeting at OT. He was impressed with SJR and the way he spoke of his memories of Utd (climbing in as a kid, Barca 99), then said signing the contract on Christmas Eve was up there for him. Deal was done back in May apparently, final negotiations and paperwork took 6 months

He also said he kept returning to the fact that the quickest ground redevelopment was to build new behind the Stretford End. Said the cost of the cantilever stand would be excessive and would take years. Also said Murtough sat at the back.
Yeah I could imagine that the climbing in as a kid story would have really engaged everyone. He sounds like has the determination to turn this club around but will those leeches fully allow it

Unread 09-01-2024, 01:10 PM
no fun

Squires weighs in…

https://www.theguardian.com/football...lick-operation

Unread 12-01-2024, 06:10 PM
Dr Stranger

I’m marginally impressed

Unread 12-01-2024, 06:15 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Can just imagine how motivated and inspired a group of multimillionaire, globally famous, international-level, Premier League football players will be by the theories of some bald, speccy bloke who got cyclists to wear tighter lycra.

Unread 12-01-2024, 08:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So far it’s all sounding good. Let’s just hope things can be put into practise. The first window will tell us a lot with regards to what they’re about. They look like they know what they’re doing , let’s hope it’s mirrors into reality.

We will be back. May take a few seasons but I think as long as we see standards and a clear approach it will be a great journey back to the top.

Either that or the Harry hill memes will be making the rounds

Unread 12-01-2024, 08:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Every meeting can be a leadership seminar....

Unread 12-01-2024, 08:56 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Almost - ALMOST - made me pine for the Qatari lads.

Unread 12-01-2024, 09:03 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 12-01-2024, 09:05 PM
Ethers

Marginal gains isn’t relevant to United at the moment imo.

We’re not even doing the absolute basics well right now - £#%&!ing about with pillows and boomerangs to find an extra 0.1% in performance will achieve absolutely £#%&! all.

Unread 12-01-2024, 09:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

We’re not even doing the absolute basics well right now - £#%&!ing about with pillows and boomerangs to find an extra 0.1% in performance will achieve absolutely £#%&! all.
i'm interested in these pillows and boomerangs tbh

Unread 12-01-2024, 09:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'm interested in these pillows and boomerangs tbh
The British cycling team were only allowed to sleep on pillows made in Cumbria, and he had all the Team Sky riders sleep with boomerangs taped to their legs because it kept their knees at the optimal angle through the night.

Unread 12-01-2024, 09:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The British cycling team were only allowed to sleep on pillows made in Cumbria, and he had all the Team Sky riders sleep with boomerangs taped to their legs because it kept their knees at the optimal angle through the night.
£#%&! off

lol

Unread 12-01-2024, 09:18 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

I’m all for ergonomic chairs at Carrington but any chance these useless @#%&!s could learn the basics of ball control and movement?

Unread 12-01-2024, 09:52 PM
Stickman

Imagine him in a band.

Unread 12-01-2024, 10:01 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Imagine him in a band.
‘Im imagining him in The Flying Pickets

Unread 12-01-2024, 10:05 PM
armchair

Weren't a lot of his marginal gains down to drugs?

Unread 12-01-2024, 10:06 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Weren't a lot of his marginal gains down to drugs?
A lot of asthma in the team.

Unread 12-01-2024, 10:23 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Defo not relevant atm and arguably not at all. Sports like cycling are about marginal gains because the difference between competitors is so small. football is far more levelling. What United need is a phycologist. It’s about desire and mentality in my view. Well that’s what our great teams had - ability but also a massive ‘we must win’ attitude. There’s a root and branch issue to deal with before we start £#%&!ing about with pillows.