our best left back.
Not that hard tbf.

Unread 17-01-2021, 07:39 PM
Vedder

Immense today

Made Salah look like Wayne Routledge

Unread 17-01-2021, 07:44 PM
red in cumbria

Probably his most consistent form since joining us tbf (certainly his leg break anyway)

Unread 17-01-2021, 07:47 PM
AK14

Played really well and has done well the last month or two

That’s what competition for places does to a player

Hopefully the front two get that treatment in the next window, then we’ll see if they sink or do a Shawzy and swim.

Unread 17-01-2021, 07:48 PM
Tronics

All it took was us signing Telles for Shaw to turn into a solid LB g2c

He was a beast today didn’t give Salah or Mane sniff all game, just needs to improve his overall crossing but he’s playing really well lately, possibly our most consistent performer all season

Unread 17-01-2021, 07:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Yep. I’ve given him shit recently, but he was excellent today in such a big game. Even manage to assist for what should have been a goal for Bruno.

Probably his best game for us.

Well done, you fat tit! 👍

Unread 17-01-2021, 07:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
All it took was us signing Telles for Shaw to turn into a solid LB g2c

He was a beast today didn’t give Salah or Mane sniff all game, just needs to improve his overall crossing but he’s playing really well lately, possibly our most consistent performer all season
Actually, all it took was a LB everyone assumed to be better than Shaw arriving and turning out to not actually be better than Shaw. He’s been very good since Mou’s last season.

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Actually, all it took was a LB everyone assumed to be better than Shaw arriving and turning out to not actually be better than Shaw. He’s been very good since Mou’s last season.
I think that’s fair. He’s there on merit right now and I didn’t expect him to he once Telles got here. Every credit to him. Now, keep it up.

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:02 PM
Tronics

Quote:
come on man, Shaw was terrible for longer than he was good but then your immediately writing off Telles because of couple games? that doesn't make sense.

Shaw has been solid as £#%&! this season and most of last season too and may it long continue but let's not rewrite history on current form.

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
come on man, Shaw was terrible for longer than he was good but then your immediately writing off Telles because of couple games? that doesn't make sense.

Shaw has been solid as £#%&! this season and most of last season too and may it long continue but let's not rewrite history on current form.
Not at all. I like Telles, but Shaw is a better player. Said it before he signed that most would be disappointed to see Shaw in the team more often than not even after Telles’ arrival.

He’s never been shit. He makes mistakes and suffered coming back from injury and dealing with Mou (who hasn’t) but more often than not he’s solid. And low and behold, he’s approaching his peak years and all of a sudden becoming consistent too, who could possibly have predicted that?

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:11 PM
Hyman_Roth

Fair do’s - have given him loads over the years but he’s playing well and was the motm today.

He’d be even better if he lost a stone in weight the fat @#%&!.

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:12 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Fair do’s - have given him loads over the years but he’s playing well and was the motm today.

He’d be even better if he lost a stone in weight the fat @#%&!.
Same. I thought after Pogba, Shaw was our next best player.

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:12 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Not at all. I like Telles, but Shaw is a better player. Said it before he signed that most would be disappointed to see Shaw in the team more often than not even after Telles’ arrival.

He’s never been shit. He makes mistakes and suffered coming back from injury and dealing with Mou (who hasn’t) but more often than not he’s solid. And low and behold, he’s approaching his peak years and all of a sudden becoming consistent too, who could possibly have predicted that?
i disagree, injuries and being constantly dug out by Mourinho didn't help but for a long time, he didn't look good in defence or attack when he did play.

even under LvG (his best spell for us imo) his physical condition was way below par so much so LvG got him on a tailor-made fitness regime to get him up to speed. there's no denying he was somewhat complacent and took his place in the team as a given because there was never anyone else to challenge is spot.

in Telles we have someone who might not be as good as him now but given time and games could take his spot and we're FINALLY seeing Shaw respond well and play out of his skin, win-win imo.

but he def was shit before, he's not anymore though personally think there's not much between him and Ben Chilwell tbh

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
i disagree, injuries and being constantly dug out by Mourinho didn't help but for a long time, he didn't look good in defence or attack when he did play.

even under LvG (his best spell for us imo) his physical condition was way below par so much so LvG got him on a tailor-made fitness regime to get him up to speed. there's no denying he was somewhat complacent and took his place in the team as a given because there was never anyone else to challenge is spot.

in Telles we have someone who might not be as good as him now but given time and games could take his spot and we're FINALLY seeing Shaw respond well and play out of his skin, win-win imo.

but he def was shit before, he's not anymore though personally think there's not much between him and Ben Chilwell tbh
Your best ever post.

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:15 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Same. I thought after Pogba, Shaw was our next best player.
I thought our defence was all good. Slab was decent but pogs up there fo sho

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:15 PM
puressence

Been outstanding for weeks. Great to see

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:18 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I thought our defence was all good. Slab was decent but pogs up there fo sho
Yup, fair £#%&!s to Lindelof looked like he wouldn’t be beaten today. How Ole is getting such a tune out of some of these I don’t know, incredible to have a manager who can actually manage.

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:19 PM
dunk

Quote:

He got POTY season before last pal. Hth.

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
He got POTY season before last pal. Hth.
And nearly everybody laughed at that tbf.

Unread 17-01-2021, 08:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And nearly everybody laughed at that tbf.
Turns out people were clueless then too
Closed Thread