Stats are overrated

He was shit last night.

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:27 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanpalm87
Been very good.

He is 6ft 1 which I can't get my head around
Must be a tank in real life. Looks like a short little fatty on the screen. Odd.

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:28 PM
Vedder

Not a fan of him but I think he’s been very good lately, i expected Telles to be a cut above but he isn’t really or he’s not showing it anyway, Shaw first choice atm for me

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Dr Stranger

He annoyed the shit out of me last night. He’s immensely thick. Gave away several ‘don’t foul him’ moments in their half when we were trying to press them and his final delivery is consistently poor. I’m surprised when he finds a red shirt.

He’s ok. Nothing more and if Telles is any good, it’s a matter of time until he replaces him.

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He annoyed the shit out of me last night. He’s immensely thick. Gave away several ‘don’t foul him’ moments in their half when we were trying to press them and his final delivery is consistently poor. I’m surprised when he finds a red shirt.

He’s ok. Nothing more and if Telles is any good, it’s a matter of time until he replaces him.
Yep.

He got into some great positions tbf (mainly because Cash was defending two players by himself) but his final ball was atrocious. Martial lost his rag a few times... not sure how that’ll spin things now.

And the lazy bastard was caught jogging back on more than one occasion allowing Traore a free run at the CB’s.

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:33 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Probably our most underrated player, and has improved considerably with his positional play in the final third. Always a passing option for Pogba, Bruno and Rashford, and links well.

Seems to have gotten a lot fitter, as he's up and down that left flank for 90 minutes non-stop.

Needs to work on picking out his man from his crossing, as he could rack up the assists if so.

Strangely hated from a part of United's embarrasing online 'support'.

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:35 PM
armchair

He's a powerhouse.

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:41 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Probably our most underrated player, and has improved considerably with his positional play in the final third. Always a passing option for Pogba, Bruno and Rashford, and links well.

Seems to have gotten a lot fitter, as he's up and down that left flank for 90 minutes non-stop.

Needs to work on picking out his man from his crossing, as he could rack up the assists if so.

Strangely hated from a part of United's embarrasing online 'support'.
I think both him and AWB get a really rough ride. Defenders often peak later on (Shaw is starting to look way more rounded imo) and we’ve had such a stop-start time of it in terms of management over the past decade is it any wonder that Shaw in particular has suffered? Always looks way to heavy but he seems comfortable and fit. Look how this team is developing under Ole as a whole; some of our football last night was as £#%&! and we are playing well for much longer periods of time.

Shaw and Telles together are great options to have and AWB will come good too, I’m sure of it.

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep.

He got into some great positions tbf (mainly because Cash was defending two players by himself) but his final ball was atrocious. Martial lost his rag a few times... not sure how that’ll spin things now.

And the lazy bastard was caught jogging back on more than one occasion allowing Traore a free run at the CB’s.
He’s not a bad defender and certainly not ‘shit @#%&!’ bracket, but seems like he constantly needs a rocket up his arse to do the simple things. You can see why Mourinho was irritated by him, even if his handling of it was typically crass.

He’s not underrated. He’s not overrated. He’s adequate. I think the years of converted wingers as full backs has left us pleased with any old full back.

On the other side, I thought AWB looked better than he has for a while. Got forward well and looked a little more solid going back than he has recently. Still switched off for the goal. Our ability to defend leads and manage those phases of the game properly is a big area of improvement needed. We’re getting there though. We’ve won two games this week that would have ended 0-0 and 2-2 last season. In fact, they did

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:53 PM
Coracao

Finally showing some consistency, in his 7th season.

Probably means an injury isn't too far away

Unread 02-01-2021, 01:58 PM
Palmer

Played well last night, responded to the challenge of Telles and is proving he's the better player.

Unread 02-01-2021, 02:02 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Finally showing some consistency, in his 7th season.

Probably means an injury isn't too far away
This, unfortunately.

He is one of the potential shit@#%&!s Ole has to keep motivated if we’re to challenge.

So far so good.

Unread 02-01-2021, 02:23 PM
marlo

our best left back.

Unread 02-01-2021, 04:18 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He was shit last night.
he wasn't, but the same people slate him every week.

Unread 02-01-2021, 04:25 PM
redhegemony

He's got better and seems to be overlapping more and looks fitter but still room for improvement.

1. Vary the height of crosses
2. Get back quicker
3. Don't leave the man at the back post so often
4. Stop the stupid fouling

Unread 02-01-2021, 04:39 PM
Mr_Ed

He’s not a very intelligent footballer is he? If he could cross more effectively, along with AWB, we’d be great.

Unread 02-01-2021, 04:43 PM
Tronics

The signing of Telles gave him the kick up the arse he needed tbh

But it was criminal he was allowed to be so shit for so long without any competition

Credit to Ole for doing that at the very least. Apart from his favourites Maguire, Rashford and Bruno everyone's position is up for grabs!

Unread 02-01-2021, 04:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
He's got better and seems to be overlapping more and looks fitter but still room for improvement.

1. Vary the height of crosses
2. Get back quicker
3. Don't leave the man at the back post so often
4. Stop the stupid fouling
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
The signing of Telles gave him the kick up the arse he needed tbh

But it was criminal he was allowed to be so shit for so long without any competition

Credit to Ole for doing that at the very least. Apart from his favourites Maguire, Rashford and Bruno everyone's position is up for grabs!
And this.
Closed Thread