United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who will finish higher in the Premier League this season?
Manchester United 28 52.83%
Tottenham Hotspur 25 47.17%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2021, 03:13 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Absolute state of them lot....

Some have the audacity to be piping ole off these days ...
Wow.

Unread 05-02-2021, 08:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Have also quoted another post where Ric appears to be getting his smug on despite having voted for Spurs. Will be interesting to see if he keeps it up or if he holds his hands up and admits he was wrong.
I admitted I was wrong upthread, actually.

When this thread was started few could have predicted how consistently good we would become, or indeed how totally Spurs would collapse after actually leading the table at one point.

Unread 05-02-2021, 08:31 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I admitted I was wrong upthread, actually.

When this thread was started few could have predicted how consistently good we would become, or indeed how totally Spurs would collapse after actually leading the table at one point.
Apart from the majority of people who did just that.

Unread 05-02-2021, 08:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Apart from the majority of people who did just that.
People actually predicted *both* those things? And with confidence, not just in a vaguely hopeful "it would be nice" way.

As they say - citations needed.

Unread 05-02-2021, 08:35 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
People actually predicted *both* those things? And with confidence, not just in a vaguely hopeful "it would be nice" way.

Ethers literally predicted we'd be ahead by Christmas making up 8 points in the process.

Unread 05-02-2021, 08:36 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Ethers literally predicted we'd be ahead by Christmas making up 8 points in the process.
Good for him, I am impressed (no, genuinely)

Unread 05-02-2021, 08:44 PM
measlyshark

Is it considered bad form to vote now?

Unread 05-02-2021, 08:48 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

The sheer cheek

Unread 05-02-2021, 08:50 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
Is it considered bad form to vote now?
It's considered miraculous given the poll has closed. I gave it two weeks to avoid people pulling this card.

Unread 05-02-2021, 08:52 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
It's considered miraculous given the poll has closed. I gave it one week or one month, to avoid people pulling this card.
Oh. Bugger. I'd have voted United. Obviously.

Unread 13-02-2021, 09:32 PM
puressence

Without doubt the thread of the year

Unread 21-02-2021, 10:34 PM
puressence

No idea how far we are

Unread 21-02-2021, 10:43 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by
and given him a wonderful experience?

Sparky is right. How many of our team would get in theirs?

Henderson? Can't even get into ours.

The Spanish Werewolf Goalie? Possibly.

Shaw?

Really - not a single one of ours except for Fernandes would get into their opening XI.

Ah but [REDACTED]... it's a team game....sum of the parts and all that.

Yeah - but we look like strangers on the pitch at times. Look at Demba Ba's goal t'other week.

Seriously - don't give me that 'Spurs are weak' mentality. This isn't the usual Spurs. They've got the best forwards in the league - at least up there with Liverpool - and a canny manager.

Not a chance we'll finish ahead of them unless there's some insane event.

Unread 21-02-2021, 10:45 PM
red in cumbria

Tbf that one is written by a self-described "ex-Fredster"

Unread 15-03-2021, 12:14 AM
Chris Quayd

Alan, atticusgrinch, Barksdale, Batistuta, Curtis, elhombre, flixton, Jethro, MagnificentSeven, My Name is Heath, no fun, Ortolan, otbarney, rbw91, red in cumbria, ryanMUFC, Sapien, ScarFace, silv, Sparky***, Surfers do Charlie, Switching Off, Tuco, windy waffles, Withers

Unread 15-03-2021, 12:15 AM
red in cumbria

I have recanted this one several times already, pol.

Unread 15-03-2021, 07:34 AM
saffers

Surprised so many had Spurs finishing above us but we did look shaky in that period I guess and it was before our good run in December/January. I guess 6-1 destruction was fresh in manys memory.

Their squad is thin as you saw when they were without Kane and Son.

They actually won 5 in a row before yesterdays loss but now without Son again for a while.

Also Mou has been overly cautious this season in some games, it's his first full season maybe and still getting to know what he's got. Think Spurs will be very good next season if he gets some more quality in and keeps Kane.

If they win the carling cup it will be a good season for them.

Unread 15-03-2021, 08:04 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Surprised so many had Spurs finishing above us but we did look shaky in that period I guess and it was before our good run in December/January. I guess 6-1 destruction was fresh in manys memory.

Their squad is thin as you saw when they were without Kane and Son.

They actually won 5 in a row before yesterdays loss but now without Son again for a while.

Also Mou has been overly cautious this season in some games, it's his first full season maybe and still getting to know what he's got. Think Spurs will be very good next season if he gets some more quality in and keeps Kane.

If they win the carling cup it will be a good season for them.
Rubbish.

Winning the league Cup and finishing outside the top 4 isn't good enough for Spurs. People just move the goal posts when judging other teams...

Unread 15-03-2021, 08:19 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Rubbish.

Winning the league Cup and finishing outside the top 4 isn't good enough for Spurs. People just move the goal posts when judging other teams...
I'd take finishing outside the top 4 if it meant we won the fa cup or europa.

Winning a cup would be massive for us and Ole.

Unread 15-03-2021, 08:23 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Rubbish.

Poch had them at a champs league final before the gloom monster took over. Arsenal will overtake them this season from being relegation threatened. Spurs fans want Mou out too and they’re playing small margins shite football.

Has the potential to be a horrific season for them which is just wonderful.

Separate note but I prefer the saffers wummary to tronics Japanese water torture. Tronics has gone from an average of 1 post every month to 1000’s a day as soon as the bites kept coming.
Closed Thread