United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:15 PM
shenwen

Cracking game. Best of the tournament so far. Saudi's took risks and weren't scared to get physical and it paid off. Great defending for the last 20 + added.

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:16 PM
jem

wtaf?

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:17 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Argentina had £#%&! all that last 40 including the 14 added on.
Saudi playing a high line. Argentina had no real runners in behind. Fair play to them. They read Argentina’s play and adjusted . Well drilled

Almost like they needed a garnacho type player to come on… their fault for not taking him and not starting a proper CB like the butcher

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Saudi playing a high line. Argentina had no real runners in behind. Fair play to them. They read Argentina’s play and adjusted . Well drilled
They played the same line from kick off, it didn't work in the first half, Argentina easily broke it 4 times had the ball in the net....

They just didn't play it well second half

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:26 PM
andyroo

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:40 PM
puressence

lisandro would have been ideal especially first half as his passing is spot on .. £#%&!ing argies .. would love em to win it then i see that @#%&! di maria

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They played the same line from kick off, it didn't work in the first half, Argentina easily broke it 4 times had the ball in the net....

They just didn't play it well second half
I didn’t watch the first half. How many were disallowed for offsides?

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasilvatwins
i didn’t watch the first half. How many were disallowed for offsides?

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I didn’t watch the first half. How many were disallowed for offsides?
3 at least mate ....

It wasn't working at all ......surprised Argentina didn't punish them....

They only really started dropping deep about 75 minutes, by that time you knew the football gods had it boxed off ..

madness, steel resolve....

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:51 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
3 at least mate ....

They only really started dropping deep about 75 minutes, by that time you knew the football gods had it boxed off ..

Wonder how much of the second half was outright complacency after that first half. Could've been 6 if they more clinical with their movement.

Unread 22-11-2022, 01:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
3 at least mate ....

Hang on.. if the 3 goals were all offside, surely it did work? the only times they got past it they were offside. On the one occasion second half the lad made that superb tackle on Messi.

Unread 22-11-2022, 02:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Hang on.. if the 3 goals were all offside, surely it did work? the only times they got past it they were offside. On the one occasion second half the lad made that superb tackle on Messi.
If those are the risks you're willing to take...

It worked I suppose

Unread 22-11-2022, 02:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
If those are the risks you're willing to take...

It worked I suppose

The high line is a risk if you get it wrong, but they didn’t tbf. Dropping deep and allowing the opposition time and space to ply in front of you is a pretty big risk too against quality sides.

Saudi played the high line, aggressive pressing game really well tbh.

Unread 22-11-2022, 02:48 PM
shenwen

Quote:

The high line is a risk if you get it wrong, but they didn’t tbf. Dropping deep and allowing the opposition time and space to ply in front of you is a pretty big risk too against quality sides.

Saudi played the high line, aggressive pressing game really well tbh.
Agreed. Look at what happened to Iran when they played deep. Same with Qatar. If you don't take a risk, you'll get no reward.

Unread 22-11-2022, 02:52 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Yeah, although that third disallowed goal was really poor from Martinez, he's looking right across the line.

I know they have been unbeaten for ages, but Argentina's line-up doesn't look anything special to me, and they've been mentally weak for decades. Definitely not second favourites in my book.

All credit to Saudi Arabia though, they were really physical and fit, and played the Argies at their own game when it came to breaking up play.

Unread 22-11-2022, 03:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Shocking performance and a full deserved defeat, was genuinely happy for the good people of Saudi Arabia. Hopefully we scrape through the group and snide England out of the tournament in the quarters.
Closed Thread