United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-11-2023, 10:52 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Don’t joke

I have a family member working at OT and ….let’s just say…..his qualifications are fascinating compared to what he actually does
Heathers Ten Hag

Unread 14-11-2023, 06:08 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's been played too much. Compare it to how Ferguson is played at Brighton. Ferguson gets lots of rest.
Yeah exactly why we needed another striker

Unread 06-12-2023, 11:55 PM
suedeshoes

I'm dying for it to work out for this lad.

I might die before it does.

Unread 06-12-2023, 11:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Needs better service. He’ll be fine. Gonna be a great moment when he finally bags. Fancy it to be Saturday

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:08 AM
NedKelly

First league goal he scores will be the floodgates opening. It’s going to happen, especially if we stick with Garnacho and Antony on either side of him. That’s the forward line we’ve got to go with.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:10 AM
Dr Stranger

Should have about five of those Copenhagen tap ins in the league already if our wide players looked up and calmed down for one second.

It’ll come. He’s too good and his instincts are too natural for it not to.

The Scottish Player had the perfect chance to roll one across for him at 2-1 but started thinking about a hat trick and just fell over instead.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:10 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Needs better service. He’ll be fine. Gonna be a great moment when he finally bags. Fancy it to be Saturday
This.

We look a lot more threatening with the front three that started tonight, but they’re all young and barely played together.

It'll come.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:55 AM
marlo

no amount of tenacity and enthusiasm is worth 70m.

He doesn’t ooze quality to be honest.

very raw, quite naive and worryingly he doesn’t have that instinct to be in the right place at the right time like halland or be clinical like greenwood.
The Scottish Player should not be more of a goal threat that him

quite worried about him as he looks like £25m + add ons punt not wonderkid.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:57 AM
jem

in ten years' time, we'll look back at this and laugh.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:07 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

very raw, quite naive and worryingly he doesn’t have that instinct to be in the right place at the right time like halland or be clinical like greenwood.

Put him up front for City or Arsenal and he’d have 12 goals this season. He’s given absolutely nothing to work with, awful service and expected to chase everything down.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:11 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

He's the top scorer in this season's Champions League at 20 years of age in this shit team.

Don't think you need to worry.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:13 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Put him up front for City or Arsenal and he’d have 12 goals this season. He’s given absolutely nothing to work with, awful service and expected to chase everything down.
I think he's generally been ok but he worried me a bit tonight. I watched him quite closely in the 2nd half and his movement was quite poor and he looked knackered or perhaps like he was carrying a knock

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:54 AM
History

He's so keen.

As much as its nice to see a forward of ours bust a gut to get to the near post. He doesn't need to do it everytime. Sometimes just wait and the ball finds it way to you. The service he has been receiving has been of barely any quality also

Not a criticism just an observation. You can see that will come.

£#%&!ing commentator tonight comparing the kid to Forlans start. Bit £#%&!ing different pal

Unread 07-12-2023, 02:00 AM
Dacter

He’s generally where he needs to be.

The problem is, the ball usually isn’t.

Unread 07-12-2023, 06:28 AM
shenwen

Think he had one ball played in to him all night, which forced a save from Sanchez. We had - I think - 28 shots on goal and only one fell to him. Got to do better - both the service and his runs.

Unread 07-12-2023, 07:35 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

I agree. We're not in that vein of form where we're slinging balls in 40 times a game atm so he's ahit out of luck with that. Not missing howlers and he's chasing everything. Can't really ask a lot more. As others have said, he'll get a bit of luck and he'll score well.

Unread 07-12-2023, 07:42 AM
Patty_b

He'll be fine, he's not a dud, he's joint top goalscorer in the Champions League

Just needs a Premier League goal, the longer the league drought goes on the heavier it weighs. One goal from open play and the rest will start flowing.

Unread 07-12-2023, 08:06 AM
Weekend Hussler

Bruno should have given him the penalty last night.

Would have kicked him on.

Unread 07-12-2023, 08:10 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

Overwhelmingly this… he’s scored more than that big Dutch lump we had last season.

Unread 07-12-2023, 08:38 AM
My Name is Heath

I got slated on here for saying he was a young lad in a new country and would need time to settle.

Plus he has come into a side under pressure.

He’s a long way from the finished product but we have to expect a Diego Birtles season I reckon.

Like Morgan freeman says about racism, best way to deal with it is to not talk about it. View DB as part of a faltering team getting up to speed. Not just on his goals or lack thereof.