No way Der Gaffer lets him go.

AWB is in big trouble.

Unread 03-12-2021, 04:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

AWB is in big trouble.
Probably his best game for us. Which isn’t difficult.

I have serious doubts whether he’s a good enough defender to play regularly, but he certainly offers more coming forward than AWB. That pass for Rashford on the Ronaldo goal doesn’t happen with AWB.

If Rangnick is prioritising the attacking aspect of the full backs, then he’s got a decent chance of getting a place held down.

Unread 03-12-2021, 04:21 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Probably his best game for us. Which isn’t difficult.

I have serious doubts whether he’s a good enough defender to play regularly, but he certainly offers more coming forward than AWB. That pass for Rashford on the Ronaldo goal doesn’t happen with AWB.

If Rangnick is prioritising the attacking aspect of the full backs, then he’s got a decent chance of getting a place held down.
I don't think he's good enough defensively, although got about a bit last night. At least at this point in his career.

AWB is the better defender of the two, but we're Man United if we can't have wingbacks that attack then what's the point.

Hopefully Ralf can get the defense sorted to a point that we don't need a wingback who is better defender than he is attacker.

Unread 03-12-2021, 04:22 PM
Marvel7

Exceptional is a bit strong, defended a few one on ones well and delivered a nice pass to Rashford. His best game for us and maybe the best performance by a Utd full back this season, and deserves to keep his place in the next game because of that performance, but if we are settling for that as exceptional then we are £#%&!ed.

Unread 03-12-2021, 04:51 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Exceptional is a bit strong, defended a few one on ones well and delivered a nice pass to Rashford. His best game for us and maybe the best performance by a Utd full back this season, and deserves to keep his place in the next game because of that performance, but if we are settling for that as exceptional then we are £#%&!ed.
But then he's 21 and has barely been played on 2 years. Portuguese international. Dortmund tried to snaffle him last summer.

With proper coaching and regular games he'll be the best full back at the club by some distance.

Unread 03-12-2021, 06:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

We don’t need a world class play in each position. A rb that is competent enough . We won the double with Wes brown playing at RB in 2008, he was hardly gunning for best RB of the year. AWB just doesn’t do it for me and I much rather see dalot play. He might not be the first team choice of ralf but at this stage I rather see dalot be the 2nd choice to the RB than AWB , if the boss does want to sign a new one

Unread 03-12-2021, 06:52 PM
Hyman_Roth

I’m on the Dalot express too.

Did I mention mrs Roth and I were in town after a game a couple of months ago and ended up chatting to a bloke on the next table who was his agent?

Scathing about Ole and also said Bruno and Ronnie might not work out that well….

May well serialise the conversation over a couple of months.

Stay tuned to hear what he said about Mike ‘Mike’ Phelan…

Unread 03-12-2021, 06:52 PM
Bunker Buster

My right back.....

AWB is an absolute liability, a block tackle merchant...

Offers nothing going forward, positional sense is the worse I've seen in a defender, not vocal , confident or assured.

He's lost his place.

Unread 03-12-2021, 06:58 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
We don’t need a world class play in each position. A rb that is competent enough . We won the double with Wes brown playing at RB in 2008, he was hardly gunning for best RB of the year. AWB just doesn’t do it for me and I much rather see dalot play. He might not be the first team choice of ralf but at this stage I rather see dalot be the 2nd choice to the RB than AWB , if the boss does want to sign a new one
The game has changed slightly since 2008 tbf.

Full-back is a hugely important position these days, and none of ours come anywhere near the top fullbacks in the league

Dalot did alright last night, I just can’t see him being anything more than decent.

Unread 03-12-2021, 07:31 PM
silv

Deserves a run until January

AWB offers so little going forward

Unread 03-12-2021, 07:53 PM
jem

wan b's limitations are obvious, but let's not get carried away. the ronaldoesque cup goal that dalot scored was phenomenal. more of that, please.

Unread 03-12-2021, 08:31 PM
Sparky***

He was £#%&!ing what?

Unread 03-12-2021, 08:42 PM
Stickman

Thought he was about adequate.

Very good ball for the Ronaldo goal. He’s a back up right back if we had a good one.

Unread 03-12-2021, 08:45 PM
Sparky***

We're so used to our full backs being straight up £#%&!ing appalling that we're over reacting at run of the mill performances.

This man set the £#%&!ing standard on which all other United fullbacks should be judged

Unread 03-12-2021, 09:02 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
We won the double with Wes brown playing at RB in 2008, he was hardly gunning for best RB of the year.
Might be remembering things a little too fondly, but I remember Brown being outstanding for that one season. Pretty meh before and after, but 07/08 campaign he was really really good.

Unread 03-12-2021, 09:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Might be remembering things a little too fondly, but I remember Brown being outstanding for that one season. Pretty meh before and after, but 07/08 campaign he was really really good.
POTS iirc

Unread 03-12-2021, 09:57 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He was £#%&!ing what?
That's classified

Unread 03-12-2021, 10:13 PM
rogieop

Christ. Talk about short memories. Wes Brown was £#%&!ing immense in 08.

Unread 03-12-2021, 10:16 PM
Medlock

Lindelof constantly had to tell him who to mark

Unread 03-12-2021, 10:46 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

AWB is in big trouble.
Dalot may be a better option, but I don’t get the thinly (but not well) disguised dig at one of our players. But maybe I don’t get what being a “fan” is all about.
Closed Thread