United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2021, 07:29 PM
Dr Stranger

He gets billed as this exciting Gascoigne-type flair player, when he’s anything but. Firstly, he’s not a patch on Gazza. Secondly, his game is actually quite predictable and safe. He’s very nice on the ball. Assured, but so little happens. He usually stands the defender up before passing square inside or going on the outside and winning a corner. Majority of his moments on the ball end like that. He doesn’t score many, doesn’t assist many. You just want more from him. I actually find him quite infuriatingly to watch because there’s this anticipation when he gets the ball that is rarely fulfilled.

Not much between him and James Maddison and he could barely get into a struggling Leicester side until recently.

Unread 02-12-2021, 07:54 PM
92ToBury

£100m and the only senior player available not in the starting eleven for them last night.

Unread 03-12-2021, 05:37 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He'd have been great for us I reckon. We'd have fostered his maverick talent and indulged him a bit more. At City he'll just slot into the machine and carry out the very specific, intricate instructions Guardiola wants him to.
Fergie might have done but not this lot

Unread 03-12-2021, 10:42 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Not much between him and James Maddison and he could barely get into a struggling Leicester side until recently.
Agreed. I've made the same comparison before. Luxury players who don't offer much luxury. They're both just 'good' players. I don't get why city bought him. They've got loads of players better than him who play the same role.
Closed Thread