United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2021, 02:01 PM
Vedder

He’s been a bit of a disaster for city. 100m I think he’s a top player but replacing Sterling’s goals with Grealish was the wrong decision and Guardiola knows it that’s why Sterling is now not for sale and starting every game

Unread 01-12-2021, 02:06 PM
dunk

He’s easily 5th/6th choice for them, isn’t he?

Mahrez
Jesus
Sterling
Foden
Silva
Torres (who they appear to be open to selling )
Grealish

Odd signing.

Unread 01-12-2021, 02:08 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He’s 26.
Arrested development with Villa in the championship, Pep will make a monster of him

Unread 01-12-2021, 02:10 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Jack Grealish will never get close to a Ballon Dor ffs
exactly. Wellbeck needs to win it first

Unread 01-12-2021, 02:10 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’s easily 5th/6th choice for them, isn’t he?

Mahrez
Jesus
Sterling
Foden
Silva
Torres (who they appear to be open to selling )
Grealish

Odd signing.
foden and him are very similar and look how Foden's come on.

Unread 01-12-2021, 02:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Arrested development with Villa in the championship, Pep will make a monster of him
Maybe. Maybe he’s hugely overrated because he’s English and is more suited to being a large fish in a small pond and being allowed to pontificate on the ball for half the game drawing fouls.

Spurs in 2023 imo.

Unread 01-12-2021, 02:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
foden and him are very similar and look how Foden's come on.
He’s 21

Unread 01-12-2021, 02:28 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Maybe. Maybe he’s hugely overrated because he’s English and is more suited to being a large fish in a small pond and being allowed to pontificate on the ball for half the game drawing fouls.

Spurs in 2023 imo.
I watch football with a pal who's a Villa fan and have seen a fair bit of Grealish, he carried a very ordinary villa side almost single handed and only got some decent players around him last season. I really do think he's the deal and will develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s 21
As I said Grealish has been held back playing in the championship for a poor side. Reckon he'll blossom and become a big player.

Unread 01-12-2021, 03:07 PM
Stickman

Quote:
I watch football with a pal who's a Villa fan and have seen a fair bit of Grealish, he carried a very ordinary villa side almost single handed and only got some decent players around him last season. I really do think he's the deal and will develop.

As I said Grealish has been held back playing in the championship for a poor side. Reckon he'll blossom and become a big player.
You’d certainly expect a 100m player would kick on.

Unread 01-12-2021, 03:09 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You’d certainly expect a 100m player would kick on.
Personally I'd want a £100m player to have kicked on a year or two ago.

The Grealish thing was always weird to me. There was so much hype around him last season and I could never understand why. If it was a PR blitz from the players management then they've played a blinder nqat.

Unread 01-12-2021, 03:15 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

The Grealish thing was always weird to me. There was so much hype around him last season and I could never understand why. If it was a PR blitz from the players management then they've played a blinder nqat.
Was the same at the Euros

The way the media were going on about it you’d think Southgate was keeping the English Maradona on the bench ffs.

Unread 01-12-2021, 03:15 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

I think he’s one of those players you have to build a team around to get the best out of. City aren’t going to do that with the players they already have and I’m not sure he’s good enough to warrant any top team making those accommodations for him.

I’ve watched one game where he’s looked really good. The other few times I’ve seen him he’s been either anonymous or he’s spent the whole game drawing fouls.

Admittedly, I’ve watched him maybe a dozen times? So I could be wrong.

But I’m not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

The way the media were going on about it you’d think Southgate was keeping the English Maradona on the bench ffs.
Tbf he did make a difference when he did play - I don’t know if it’s so much that he’s a great player than that taking off a defensive mid for a more attacking minded player opened the game up for England though. I think Lingard would have made the same difference in that sense.

Unread 01-12-2021, 07:31 PM
Pop

Unread 01-12-2021, 11:52 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Agree completely re the Euros, was almost Grealish mania. And when he got an assist

Unread 01-12-2021, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

He'd have been great for us I reckon. We'd have fostered his maverick talent and indulged him a bit more. At City he'll just slot into the machine and carry out the very specific, intricate instructions Guardiola wants him to.

Unread 01-12-2021, 11:55 PM
tatty

He's a good player, some days a very good player.

And if you were missing that type of player he'd have been a great buy (maybe not quite £100m).

City didn't need him though and if he's there in 2 seasons time I'll be surprised.

Unread 02-12-2021, 12:29 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He's a good player, some days a very good player.

And if you were missing that type of player he'd have been a great buy (maybe not quite £100m).

City didn't need him though and if he's there in 2 seasons time I'll be surprised.
Sounds like their Pogba, except they've got the team to carry him. Pogba doesn't turn up enough for us to carry him.

Unread 02-12-2021, 03:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He'd have been great for us I reckon. We'd have fostered his maverick talent and indulged him a bit more. At City he'll just slot into the machine and carry out the very specific, intricate instructions Guardiola wants him to.
Maybe in some parallel universe where we had decent management and coaches. He’d have more likely flopped spectacularly for us

Unread 02-12-2021, 06:55 AM
saffers

They paid £100m for him and absolutely nothing is said.

Yet people obsess about what a flop Donny has been when hes barely been getting games.

Unread 02-12-2021, 07:00 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
They paid £100m for him and absolutely nothing is said.

Yet people obsess about what a flop Donny has been when hes barely been getting games.
Tbf probably due to the fact that we are 7th/8th and theyre challenging for every trophy they’re in. You can spend 100 million on a player and not be judged on him when you’re winning things.

That being said we get shafted with other things in the media like Ronaldo not starting his 4th game in 10 days

Grealish would never have really fit at utd. We already have 3 left wingers, Sancho was the one as he can play on the right
Closed Thread