United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-11-2021, 12:24 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not sure I said ‘bottling’ at any point tbh.

Fine margins. Ole has fallen the wrong side on all the fine margin moments that have mattered, FA Cup Final Worldy and VAR decision aside, so has Rodgers over a much longer period in the PL/England. I don’t really count his work with Celtic in the way Ole’s Molde stuff is dismissed as irrelevant.
Not directed at you specifically, mate. Seems to be the general feel around the guy.

True, fine margins, but I would again suggest that him even getting to that point is pretty impressive. Beat us comfortably and went toe to toe with the CL winners got the rub, but nobody would have batted an eye lid had they been comfortably swept aside.. Meanwhile, we need the fine margins when we shouldn’t

I think the Liverpool failure was more to do with naivety than bottle. Went into that Chelsea game all round and then Crystanbul went wrong because they were eyeing up goal difference when they should have just taken care of the match.

Point is, I think we need a bigger sample size and better examples of him being a bottler

Anyway, back to Zidane. No. No thanks. He doesn’t even wanna come anyway. I don’t want someone here who feels like he’s doing us a favour. We’ve had enough of that with players, never mind managers.

I still think we’ll regret not going for Poch last season when he was a free agent. Still, hindsight and all that.

Unread 14-11-2021, 12:31 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Don’t care at this point. Just need to get rid of ole. Think we’d be better with no one managing us atm.
sad but true

Unread 14-11-2021, 12:44 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Players bought in their prime
This isn't true. Most of the players in the side that won 3 Champions Leagues in a row were bought when they were 21 or below.

Unread 14-11-2021, 01:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Not directed at you specifically, mate. Seems to be the general feel around the guy.

True, fine margins, but I would again suggest that him even getting to that point is pretty impressive. Beat us comfortably and went toe to toe with the CL winners got the rub, but nobody would have batted an eye lid had they been comfortably swept aside.. Meanwhile, we need the fine margins when we shouldn’t

I think the Liverpool failure was more to do with naivety than bottle. Went into that Chelsea game all round and then Crystanbul went wrong because they were eyeing up goal difference when they should have just taken care of the match.

Point is, I think we need a bigger sample size and better examples of him being a bottler

Anyway, back to Zidane. No. No thanks. He doesn’t even wanna come anyway. I don’t want someone here who feels like he’s doing us a favour. We’ve had enough of that with players, never mind managers.

I still think we’ll regret not going for Poch last season when he was a free agent. Still, hindsight and all that.
Rodgers is deffo one of the only candidates, just a niggling doubt I have. Maybe he and Tielemans are just ready for the step up to the next level.

Unread 14-11-2021, 01:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Don’t care at this point. Just need to get rid of ole. Think we’d be better with no one managing us atm.
Just give it an algorithm til the end of the season, like armchair said.
We’ll finish fourth, win the FA Cup and be calling it ‘big algers’.

Unread 14-11-2021, 01:38 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Would rather we just stayed in freefall with ole tbh. It might lead to bigger changes later.

If zizzers came in, there'd be a new boss bounce and it would all just crumble 6mths later and were back at square 1

Unread 14-11-2021, 03:01 PM
AK14

Zidane

He’d be a massive failure

Unread 14-11-2021, 03:31 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Zidane

He’d be a massive failure
Care to elaborate? The fact we’re banging on about an ex Liverpool manager, who failed, makes me sick.

One word they got them so close to the title Suarez

Unread 14-11-2021, 03:37 PM
puressence

Zidane 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Oh £#%&! off. Players need a coach hands on gets dirty can guide em and improve em. Rogers Erik potter .. coaches with a vision you can see what’s actually happening..

Unread 14-11-2021, 03:42 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Zidane 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Oh £#%&! off. Players need a coach hands on gets dirty can guide em and improve em. Rogers Erik potter .. coaches with a vision you can see what’s actually happening..
So not Ole then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Care to elaborate? The fact we’re banging on about an ex Liverpool manager, who failed, makes me sick.

One word they got them so close to the title Suarez
This.

Would be a horrific appointment.

Zidane all day long. Guy won 3 x CL yet people think he only managed it because of people management....

Unread 14-11-2021, 04:02 PM
Ronny

The club needs to decide upon its identity going forward before its chooses a manager.
Are we to be a club of Ronaldos and Pogbas? Then we need a manager of galacticos.
There are the core of a good young squad already at the club who can’t get a game because of the muddled short term recruitment of late. Zidane would be no use to them.
If our identity is with the youngsters put short-term is m aside and get the right manager to coach our youngsters into a team.

Unread 15-11-2021, 05:35 AM
Part 36 Offer

People saying they want Rodgers over Zidane ffs

Are you idiots for real? Shall we just ignore the 11 trophies Zidane won in 4 1/2 years of management shall we including 5 major trophies (2 leagues and 3 champions leagues ffs). Any @#%&! can learn English. This place at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
How you can be so dismissive of a coach who win 3 consecutive CL’s is beyond me. He also won the league with a post Ronaldo Madrid team on the slide.

Yet people would prefer the solitary FA Cup winning Brendan Rogers who somehow managed to lose Liverpool their first title in 26 or so years because they couldn’t defend properly?
Exactly this. Pure wanting Graham Potter over Zidane ffs

I knew the fat £#%&!ing oaf was braindead but jesus christ. What is happening to this place?!

Unread 15-11-2021, 09:25 AM
dunk

So his entire CV is 4 1/2 years of management. For 3 of those he had the strongest squad in the World and the best player who ever lived at the peak of his powers, and you wonder why people are skeptical?

Unread 15-11-2021, 09:47 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So his entire CV is 4 1/2 years of management. For 3 of those he had the strongest squad in the World and the best player who ever lived at the peak of his powers, and you wonder why people are skeptical?
It’s pointless dunk; you’re trying to convince people who are essentially the human equivalent of cats chasing something shiny. All they see is “He won trophies at Real Madrid”, conveniently ignoring the fact that any one of us, barring waffles, could have won trophies at Real Madrid.

I mean these are genuinely really stupid people, dunk. They’d probably hear Mourinho was thinking about coming back, and they’d be on here spouting more shit like “he won trophies at Real, Chelsea and Inter guys!!!”” They’d actually forget he’d already been here.

Zidane would come here, and they’d be sat there scratching their heads when Fred is still shit. Of course, Zidane won trophies at Real Madrid with Kroos and Modric, but it was Zidane’s management that turned those two world class midfielders into world class midfielders. If not for Zidane, Ronaldo would never have become the best in the world. It was Zidane.

He only managed to win the league when Barca went proper shit. But he’ll definitely get the better of City and Liverpool at the peak of their powers.

He loved Bale’s attitude so can see him proper buzzing to work with Pogba too.

Zidane ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
This.

Would be a horrific appointment.

Zidane all day long. Guy won 3 x CL yet people think he only managed it because of people management....
You are so stupid.

Unread 15-11-2021, 09:58 AM
Bunker Buster

It's Zz over Rodgers any day of the week.....

Rodgers makes me heave....

Unread 15-11-2021, 10:15 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
grab a sick bucket then because its happening

Unread 15-11-2021, 10:15 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
grab a sick bucket then because its happening
Is it £#%&!..

The club aren't that stu......BOLK URGHHH

Unread 15-11-2021, 10:18 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
It’s pointless dunk; you’re trying to convince people who are essentially the human equivalent of cats chasing something shiny. All they see is “He won trophies at Real Madrid”, conveniently ignoring the fact that any one of us, barring waffles, could have won trophies at Real Madrid.

I mean these are genuinely really stupid people, dunk. They’d probably hear Mourinho was thinking about coming back, and they’d be on here spouting more shit like “he won trophies at Real, Chelsea and Inter guys!!!”” They’d actually forget he’d already been here.

Zidane would come here, and they’d be sat there scratching their heads when Fred is still shit. Of course, Zidane won trophies at Real Madrid with Kroos and Modric, but it was Zidane’s management that turned those two world class midfielders into world class midfielders. If not for Zidane, Ronaldo would never have become the best in the world. It was Zidane.

He only managed to win the league when Barca went proper shit. But he’ll definitely get the better of City and Liverpool at the peak of their powers.

He loved Bale’s attitude so can see him proper buzzing to work with Pogba too.

Zidane ffs.

You are so stupid.
French, doesn’t speak English, no history with the English game or experience of the PL at any level, but yeah, best option

I wish it were anyone other than Rodgers that was best option he’ll be a place holder until a truly top, and amenable, manager comes to the fore imo.

Unread 15-11-2021, 10:19 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
It's Zz over Rodgers any day of the week.....

It’s Ten Hag or Pochettino I’d prefer to have. Pochettino is the only man capable of turning AWB into an actual full back and Ten Hag would actually have us playing great football.

But Zidane? It would be awful.

There’s something about Brendan’s hashtags that just work though...

#brendanrodgersreds

Unread 15-11-2021, 10:20 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Is it £#%&!..

The club aren't that stu......BOLK URGHHH

sadly it looks like it is.
Closed Thread