United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2022, 11:42 AM
Whip Hubley

I quite like the guy, although some of his decisions and set ups have been baffling. To be expected when you're parachuted into a club which has silly expectations and a compelte disconnect between the board/management halfway through a season tbf.

But then i've lost all patience with the vast majority of the players. They don't give a £#%&! about the shirt, to be honest, and I don't give a £#%&! about them.

Team Ralf for the time being, but only by default. The entire club needs a full on reboot but I have no hope for that. The owners aren't going anywhere.

Happy Friyay

Unread 18-02-2022, 01:36 PM
dunk

#ralfout

Unread 18-02-2022, 01:40 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Done with him. Go back to selling red bull mate.

Unread 18-02-2022, 01:45 PM
AK14

Unread 18-02-2022, 01:45 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
#ralfout

****ing hell.

I like some of what Ralph is doing and saying. But his love affair with maguire and rashford will cost him any chance of the job.

Unread 18-02-2022, 02:55 PM
tatty

Players don’t care, Glazer’s don’t care, Ralf doesn’t really care.

Most of us aren’t that arsed either.

No great surprise we are where we are.

Unread 18-02-2022, 03:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

We’re all arsed, but powerless.

Unread 18-02-2022, 06:30 PM
suedeshoes

Mad appointment. Semi-retired has-been. His 'brand' of football has been horrendous so far. Makes Mourinho's team's look exciting.

Unread 18-02-2022, 06:53 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

Ralf does care though.

This thread is symptomatic of the world we live in where everyone wants instant results. Managers come in largely because people are sacked due to ineptitude... Ole had reached his limit and the squad, partially due to Ewar Woowars mismanagement had lost their competitive edge.

RR has come in with usual efficiency and has stopped us shipping goals and, yes, experienced some legacy problems but is sorting them out.

Some of you want us winning all our games until the end of the season. As I pointed out a while back (albeit wildly different circumstances) but Pep won £#%&! all in his first season.

Unread 18-02-2022, 08:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Ralf does care though.

This thread is symptomatic of the world we live in where everyone wants instant results. Managers come in largely because people are sacked due to ineptitude... Ole had reached his limit and the squad, partially due to Ewar Woowars mismanagement had lost their competitive edge.

RR has come in with usual efficiency and has stopped us shipping goals and, yes, experienced some legacy problems but is sorting them out.

Some of you want us winning all our games until the end of the season. As I pointed out a while back (albeit wildly different circumstances) but Pep won £#%&! all in his first season.
Everyone wants instant results? What?

Pretty sure no one is expecting very much at all anymore - just a semi coherent approach.

I was hoping we might be able to see some slight evidence of an improved training regime, a teams that knows how to play with each other, maybe not holding on for dear life against dross opposition - that kind of thing - it’s hardly demanding he wins the champions league pal.

Unread 18-02-2022, 09:02 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Pretty sure no one is expecting very much at all anymore - just a semi coherent approach.

I was hoping we might be able to see some slight evidence of an improved training regime, a teams that knows how to play with each other, maybe not holding on for dear life against dross opposition - that kind of thing - it’s hardly demanding he wins the champions league pal.
What? Slight evidence we're not haemorrhaging goals in every game? Check.

The rot was set in long before he arrived and he's filling the gaps. What's easy to forget is that we'd concede many times last season but we got away with it - largely because of the whole no crowd situation.

Unread 18-02-2022, 09:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Mad appointment. Semi-retired has-been. His 'brand' of football has been horrendous so far. Makes Mourinho's team's look exciting.
It's not an 'appointment' though is it. It's a £#%&!ing stop-gap.

Unread 18-02-2022, 09:16 PM
Vedder

Quote:
It’s not his brand of football though is it ffs. The players are doing whatever the £#%&! they like.

Unread 18-02-2022, 09:16 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

I’d argue there’s been an emphasis on quicker passing and a few games back we did look like we were beginning to show signs in regards to cohesion.

In fairness to Ralf, he did say there would have to be a compromise of priorities in taking us on mid-season. It’s obvious he’s focussed on making us harder to break down. There’s only so much you can do with our personnel though.

I haven’t enjoyed any of the recent games and am seriously hoping we learned our lesson when it comes to giving caretaker managers a full time contract, but I do think there’s been signs of progress, however small they might be.

Unread 18-02-2022, 09:20 PM
silv

Quote:
Do you agree with the club waiting till the end of the season for the right man?

Unread 18-02-2022, 09:33 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's not an 'appointment' though is it. It's a ****ing stop-gap.
A stop gap following a stop gap who followed a guy who was a stop gap.

Where will it all end.

Unread 18-02-2022, 10:08 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Do you agree with the club waiting till the end of the season for the right man?
No better with this man than with Solkjaer. Should never sack a manager of any business without a replacement already identified and ready to take the role.

Unless the circumstances are extreme (death/illness/crime etc..) any business appointing an interim or stop-gap leader is demonstrating that it's a shambles.

Unread 18-02-2022, 10:09 PM
Ethers

Tbf I think part of the problem is that when his name was first mooted we were told by every football hipster on the planet that this guy was the best around, that we were incredibly lucky to be getting this genius who taught Klopp all he he knows etc.

So when we’re a few months in and still playing incredibly dull football, and he’s seemingly deciding to go without such old-fashioned concepts as a midfield. When we’ve got a coaching staff full of yank nobodies, and Ralf is banging on about our xG and what a great guy Harry Maguire is etc.

I think we’re entitled to feel slightly underwhelmed

Unread 18-02-2022, 10:11 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
It’s not his brand of football though is it ffs. The players are doing whatever the £#%&! they like.
If it's not his brand then he's an even 'worse' manager than the previous one, which highlights the pointlessness of his appointment.

Unread 18-02-2022, 10:26 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Rather than shooting their load early like they did with Ole? Absolutely.
Closed Thread