United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2022, 04:56 PM
Ethers

I genuinely don’t understand how even his biggest fan can say he’s doing very well

He’s got a squad that finished 2nd last year huffing and puffing their way to some very mediocre results against the dross of the league. He’s steadied the ship for sure, made us hard to beat, and statistically harder to score against. But we’re not exactly flying are we? If the teams below us all win their games in hand we’d be down in 6th/7th.

Very well ffs.

Unread 17-02-2022, 05:02 PM
Sparky***

Well i'm shocked that a last minute panic interim appointment, isn't exactly tearing up trees.

Unread 17-02-2022, 05:44 PM
Vedder

The players don’t give a £#%&!, we either don’t have the players to play his system or they’re just not listening because they know he’s gone in a few months but whatever it is we’re playing nothing like a Ragnick team.

I honestly think we would have been better off with Carrick

Unread 17-02-2022, 05:51 PM
AK14

I think he’s done a decent job tbh

We were absolutely dreadful last going off under Ole and he’s come in at one of the clubs lowest points of the last 20+ years. Players in trouble with the law, rumours of cliques, PR more important to a few of the ‘star’ players than actual football and he’s managed to steady the ship. It was never going to be a quick fix but there has been massive improvements (just goes to show how bad it finished under Ole).

If for what ever reason we couldn’t get Ten Hag or Potter in the summer I’d be happy for Ralf to take us into next season.

Unread 17-02-2022, 06:41 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I genuinely don’t understand how even his biggest fan can say he’s doing very well

He’s got a squad that finished 2nd last year huffing and puffing their way to some very mediocre results against the dross of the league. He’s steadied the ship for sure, made us hard to beat, and statistically harder to score against. But we’re not exactly flying are we? If the teams below us all win their games in hand we’d be down in 6th/7th.

Very well ffs.
For the squad that he has and the lack of backing by the board in Jan I’d say he is doing well.
He has lost one game and drawn 4? Obviously the players can do better and it’s been shit to watch. But Im terms of what he can do with the current squad already downing tools and leaking to the press it’s almost an impossible job
The team is full of shit@#%&!s. The people above him Are full of shit @#%&!s. Tactically we make chances but don’t finish well. That’s on the players .

When we concede they make stupid silly mistakes , again nothing to do with the set up .the only thing he can do is pick the team and frankly any back two of Jones, varane, lindelof, maguire and Bailey would result in the same goals and shoddy defending

Unread 17-02-2022, 06:49 PM
Bunker Buster

GengenFraud.....

See nothing in him whatsoever to carry on as the manager god forbid we don't go for WTH, seems like a mid table bunders manager, xG chat the other day was embarrassing...

Unread 17-02-2022, 07:08 PM
Jethro

Ole getting this team to 2nd is the greatest post Ferie achievement nqat.

Unread 17-02-2022, 07:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Mourinho did that and won a couple of pots

Unread 17-02-2022, 07:43 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Difficult to argue with this. Ole achieved the square root of not a lot in truth. His tenure wasn’t the disaster the Mou men paint it as but it certainly wasn’t a success. I initially thought his squad management was better than all our previous managers but jeez, the squad looks shitter than it’s ever done right at this moment.

Mou’s tenure was more successful - fact - but in so many ways, equally disappointing.

Unread 17-02-2022, 08:02 PM
Mr_Ed

We were conceding goals for fun before Ole arrived and those who use last season as the high watermark then you forget we went behind in nearly every game and needed moments of brilliance to get us back on track.

RR has gone back to basics, is getting it right with a squad who can’t be arsed and who got Ole the sack.

Get the basics right and develop from there. I like what he’s doing. It’s not an immediate turn round, it’s not always pretty but we’re slowly improving.

Unread 17-02-2022, 08:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Difficult to argue with this. Ole achieved the square root of not a lot in truth. His tenure wasn’t the disaster the Mou men paint it as but it certainly wasn’t a success. I initially thought his squad management was better than all our previous managers but jeez, the squad looks shitter than it’s ever done right at this moment.

Mou’s tenure was more successful - fact - but in so many ways, equally disappointing.
All relative isn't it. Ole was a bit of a chump so second was ahead of expectation for him, whereas for a supposed proven winner it was somewhat below the standards Mourinho had set himself. Spinning 19 points behind the champions as any kind of triumph stuck in the craw a bit.

I mean the couple of pots season was on paper our best season since Freggle left, but as accolades go that's like being Kazakhstan's greatest surfer.

Unread 17-02-2022, 08:20 PM
silv

Quote:
Liverpool were dogshit last year

Unread 17-02-2022, 09:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Unread 17-02-2022, 09:58 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We were conceding goals for fun before Ole arrived and those who use last season as the high watermark then you forget we went behind in nearly every game and needed moments of brilliance to get us back on track.

RR has gone back to basics, is getting it right with a squad who can’t be arsed and who got Ole the sack.

Get the basics right and develop from there. I like what he’s doing. It’s not an immediate turn round, it’s not always pretty but we’re slowly improving.
I actually meant left. Ole's tenure was B- at best.

Unread 18-02-2022, 06:30 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Very well ffs.
They were fully on this trajectory way before he took over. Serious rot has set in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
with crowds at the matches.

Unread 18-02-2022, 09:00 AM
MUFC One Love

He doesn't do it for me.

I suppose the good thing is he is calling them out so it might stop this culture of players doing what they want. And the mard arses who are average most of the season might be sold. I.e Shaw.

Unread 18-02-2022, 10:22 AM
Stickman

I’d say he’s been average so far, really do like the guy though and the little regard he seems to have for some of them

Interim, do what it says on the tin.

Clear the decks.

Unread 18-02-2022, 11:09 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’d say he’s been average so far, really do like the guy though and the little regard he seems to have for some of them

Interim, do what it says on the tin.

Clear the decks.
Some seem to be forgetting this. If he stays on next season then fair enough, his record welcome under more scrutiny. But right now he's still a stop gap who needs to bang some heads, impose some discipline and hopefully scrape us a CL place.

Unread 18-02-2022, 12:19 PM
Hyman_Roth

Been fairly disappointing so far. Especially given that everyone was so utterly convinced that Ole had zero coaching skills. There’s been no revolution and it’s arguably actually worse.

I say disappointing but it’s worth noting that my expectations are so low now that any form of disappointment these days is really hard won. Well done Ralph, you managed to disappoint someone who has no disappointment left.

Unread 18-02-2022, 12:42 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Some seem to be forgetting this. If he stays on next season then fair enough, his record welcome under more scrutiny. But right now he's still a stop gap who needs to bang some heads, impose some discipline and hopefully scrape us a CL place.
Exactly. And I'm glad this is the level we're at. Anything extra and you can guarantee he'd stay on next year. Hopefully he has a dossier of shite he can give to the new guy.
Closed Thread